I like Newt as the Republican candidate

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Looks like it will be Mitten but oh, how sad that will be. A very entertaining Republican eat Republican season will grind to a halt as boring Mitten becomes the presidential candidate.

:(

I like Newt as well.

I think he would eat Barry alive and I would love to see it.

bwaahaha! :badgrin:

Romney-2012-Petition-Moral-Deploy.jpg

Looks like it will be Mitten but oh, how sad that will be. A very entertaining Republican eat Republican season will grind to a halt as boring Mitten becomes the presidential candidate.

Funny. I dont find Mitt boring at all. He's an interesting man.

Besides, our nation might benefit from a boring leader.

Me too. He's doing all the Democrat's work for them. Attacking his fellow Republicans JUST. LIKE. A DEM. WOULD.

Keep it up Newt....YOU DA MAN!!!

:clap2: :eusa_clap:

I seriously agree...As much as I agree with Rick stratum, when it comes his soical poicies on gays, abortion, ect. I don't believe he is going to cut a fucking thing or reduce the government. He is another George Bush, but to the right on issues that I do like, but about the same in area's that we can't afford to have such in power. I like Newt and Perry better as they would cut the epa and federal government departments. Paul is the best of them all. O'well.

Last edited:

But then the Mormon bashing will start. I'm really looking forward to that.

Oddly enough. So am i. Because adversity strengthens.

Joe Blow has been all over that for several weeks now...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/joeb131.html

I'm talking about in the media.

Funny. I dont find Mitt boring at all. He's an interesting man.

Besides, our nation might benefit from a boring leader.

Indeed. Gravitas over glitz. I would welcome it.

I think it was the Keynesian economist Paul Krugman who said Newt Gingrich is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. Despite my detestation of Krugman, I think this expression aptly captures the essence of Gingrich.

Back in November, Newt was asked during a CNBC debate about a $300,000 payment from the government-sponsored entity (GSE) Freddie Mac. Newt claimed this payment was for acting as a "historian" for Freddie Mac.

Newt's history thesis was “Belgian Education Policy in the Congo 1945-1960", which might qualify him to judge Obama as exhibiting "Kenyan, anticolonial behavior", but I don't see how this would parlay into anything useful at Freddie Mac.

Perhaps he was hired because as the most recent Speaker of the House he had access to prominent Republicans on the Hill? You think?

Newt then went on to say that Freddie Mac told him they were buying all these loans to poor people who couldn't afford them because the government was making them. And he told Freddie Mac, "I said to them at the time, this is a bubble. This is insane. This is impossible."

Then it turns out that Newt was actually in the employ of Freddie Mac since 1999! He was making $20,000 to $30,000 a month from the GSE.

And these payments were coming from Freddie Mac's top lobbyist, Mitchell Delk. So doesn't that make Gingrich's "historian" claim all that much less plausible, and Gingrich's access to top GOPers on the Hill the more likely reason he was being paid?

From 1999 to 2007, Gingrich was paid $1.6 million from Freddie Mac.

Now, bearing in mind that Gingrich's paychecks were coming from Freddie Mac's top lobbyist, just listen to what Gingrich had to say about Barney Frank's ties to Freddie Mac. And this was AFTER he was outed as having being paid $300,000 in 2006, but before it was known he had been in Mitchell Delk's employ since 1999:

“I think it’s perfectly reasonable for people to be angry, but let’s be clear who put the fix in. The fix was put in by the federal government. If you want to put people in jail, I’ll second what [Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)] said. Start with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and let’s look at the politicians who created the environment.”

“Clearly, you’re not saying they should go to jail?” Bloomberg TV’s Charlie Rose asked.

“Well in Chris Dodd’s case, go back and look at the Countryside deals,” Gingrich insisted. “In Barney Frank’s case, go back and look at the lobbyists he was close to at Freddie Mac. All I’m saying is that everybody in the media who wants to go after the business community ought to start to go after the politicians who have been at the heart of the sickness which is weakening this country.”

Gingrich says Chris Dodd and Barney Frank should be jailed | The Raw Story

Just how twisted a soul do you have to be to say a thing like that when you are guilty of the exact same crime?

Gingrich clearly believes the American voters are idiots with the memory of a goldfish.

And so far his assumption has been proven to be correct.

But wait. It is worse than that.

Remember when he was outed as having worked for Freddie Mac how he said he was a "historian" and that Freddie Mac told him they were being forced to make all these bad loans and he told them it was a bubble and insane, and they ignored his advice?

Well, the Wayback Machine does not forget like the voters do. Here is a Q&A session old Newt had with Freddie Mac employees in 2007.

Q: A key element of the entrepreneurial model is using the private sector where possible to save taxpayer dollars and improve efficiency. And you believe the GSE model provides one way to use the private sector.

Gingrich: Some activities of government – trash collection is a good example – can be efficiently contracted out to the private sector. Other functions – the military, police and fire protection – obviously must remain within government. And then there are areas in which a public purpose would be best achieved by using market-based models. I think GSEs provide one of those models. I like the GSE model because it provides a more efficient, market-based alternative to taxpayer-funded government programs. It marries private enterprise to a public purpose. We obviously don't want to use GSEs for everything, but there are times when private enterprise alone is not sufficient to achieve a public purpose. I think private enterprise alone is not going to be able to help the Gulf region recover from the hurricanes, and government will not get the job done in a very effective or efficient manner. We should be looking seriously at creating a GSE to help redevelop this region. We should be looking at whether and how the GSE model could help us address the problem of financing health care. I think a GSE for space exploration ought to be seriously considered – I'm convinced that if NASA were a GSE, we probably would be on Mars today.

The man is GSE crazy! He loves them! He wants more of them. He can't get enough of them.

To continue:
Gingrich: Certainly there is a lot of debate today about the housing GSEs, but I think it is telling that there is strong bipartisan support for maintaining the GSE model in housing. There is not much support for the idea of removing the GSE charters from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. And I think it's clear why. The housing GSEs have made an important contribution to homeownership and the housing finance system. We have a much more liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs. And making homeownership more accessible and affordable is a policy goal I believe conservatives should embrace. Millions of people have entered the middle class through building wealth in their homes, and there is a lot of evidence that homeownership contributes to stable families and communities. These are results I think conservatives should embrace and want to extend as widely as possible. So while we need to improve the regulation of the GSEs, I would be very cautious about fundamentally changing their role or the model itself.

Q: This is not a point of view one normally associates with conservatives.

Gingrich: Well, it's not a point of view libertarians would embrace. But I am more in the Alexander Hamilton-Teddy Roosevelt tradition of conservatism. I recognize that there are times when you need government to help spur private enterprise and economic development. Look at our own history. The government provided railroad land grants to encourage widespread adoption of what was then the most modern form of transportation to help develop our country. The Homestead Act essentially gave land away to those willing to live on it and develop it. We used what were in effect public-private partnerships to bring telephone service and electricity to every community in our nation. All of these are examples of government bringing about desired public purposes without creating massive, taxpayer-funded bureaucracies. To me that is a pragmatic and effective conservative approach.

"We have a much more liquid and stable housing finance system than we would have without the GSEs."

That's not a guy who said we were in an insane bubble.

This fucker is a bald-faced liar, folks.

Forum List

Back