I like Huntsman

Huntsman is the only Republican most liberals like! After watching the debate last night I'm confused, is Huntsman running for U.S. President or China's?

The man has more experience, foreign and domestic, than anyone else in the race. I find it bizarre you actually hold that against him.

Huntsman talks in long paragraphs and gives reasoned arguments for his positions. This causes people like you with short attention spans to nod off. Your only defense against him is to parrot artless quips.

Unfortunately I'd bet my house and a horse that's probably why he's losing the primary.

People hate that. (IDK why, they just do)

I disagree with a lot of his positions, and honestly, I don't trust the guy. He DOES strike me as an elitist, not because of his positions, education, or background, but because he seems like an Obama who will flirt with the public with a nice talk but when he gets in office will screw us all over. BUT I'd vote for him over Romney.

I have a serious trust problem with Romney, Huntsman, Gingrich, AND Santorum.

Perry strikes me as an idiot.

Ron Paul IS the best candidate in my view, I'll be realistic though, some of the things he says (even though they may be legitimate) should just be left "unsaid" if you know what I mean.

In a word the GOP presidential picks this year : SUCK.

The GOP are just plain dumb. They get behind Romney who in my opinion has no chance of beating Obama, simply because he isn't different enough. Many people are not going to vote for some elitist corporation guy. I could be wrong but I just don't see him doing well in southern states like South Carolina.

Huntsman would get Paul voters because he shares many viewpoints (they will never vote for Romney), there are even democrats and independents that would vote for him. Obama would be packing his bags if they got behind him. They are blowing it.

The fact that Huntsman is tolerant of Gays and likes the environment shouldn't be a deal breaker if you want Obama out of the white house. He even says he wants to "reign" in the EPA and understands it's overstep it's boundaries.

I like Huntsman because for several reasons. He is parallel to paul on a number of issues and has even commended Paul in the debates.

But the real reason I like Huntsman, and what sealed the deal for him as VP pick is that he is making a real effort to put the partisanship and the polarization as a center issue. Republicans and democrats are not that different, and we are all pissed off for the same reasons. Its strong moral character to point that out in a primary debate.

Huntsman is the only Republican most liberals like! After watching the debate last night I'm confused, is Huntsman running for U.S. President or China's?

The man has more experience, foreign and domestic, than anyone else in the race. I find it bizarre you actually hold that against him.

Huntsman talks in long paragraphs and gives reasoned arguments for his positions. This causes people like you with short attention spans to nod off. Your only defense against him is to parrot artless quips.

I'm a lifelong Republican and am sickened by the glorification of, and strivening for, infantilism that now dominates the GOP. It's like you wake up each morning and bash yourselves in the head with a sledgehammer to prevent yourselves from raising your IQ above that of a turtle.

If I am considered to be to the "left" for having more than two brain cells to rub together and reject the kind of moronic behavior that has overtaken what used to be the party of intellectual superiority, I wear the enmity of people like you as a badge of honor.

Huntsman lacks the leadership to be president. Vice as a supporting role to a real commander in chief is as far as I am willing to go down that road.

He doesnt have the experience. He hasnt been fighting the establishment for decades. No, Ron Paul is the only one I am interested in voting for at all.

Huntsman is the best of the bunch. If I must be governed by a wingnut, I would prefer him. He seems honorable, intelligent, and sane.

Huntsman strikes me as mostly undefined. Which, I suspect, is part of his appeal. That may be merely because I don't know enough about him, but I've been reading his website and public statements casually over the last couple of months, and I have hard time getting a clear picture of his ideology.

I like his willingness to work toward better relations with China, and I like his proposals on simplifying the tax code. But there are several positions that bother me. His dedication to "American Exceptionalism" has a distinct neo-con ring to it, and his enthusiasm for insurance mandates is troublesome. In short, he doesn't strike me as a candidate of principle, and in that sense is too much like Romney and Gingrich.

I'll keep an open mind, but he's got to do a better job of defining his political philosophy before I can take him seriously.

I'd support him if he gets the Nomination. He is way too passive in debating skills, which does undermine his ability.

[You have a different tone when you're in the club v. trying to get past the 200kg guy standing in front of the door.

Give him the nomination and you'll see a much more adept debater than Mittens.

The great difference is that Huntsman has experience...from THIS CENTURY in the government, in the private sector, and frankly some ideas that all who study them would find interesting and not to be chunked aside lightly.

In one brief moment yesterday evening, he summed up beautifully the psychosis that has lead to this intractable government. ]

I know you libs are all excited about that, but not really.

I mean, Jesus, I found myself agreeing with Romney.

If Huntsman really thought Obama was a great guy, and such a good guy that he was happy to walk away from his commitment to the people of Utah to go be an ambassador, how does Huntsman make the argument that Obama should be replaced and he's the guy to do it?

I mean, I guess that you could make an argument if there was some key issue with the Chinese that needed resolution, and partisanship should be put aside until this critical matter was resolved. But really, no. There was no great change in our relationship with China because Huntsman was there. The Chinese are still stealing our intellectual property, still undermining our industry, still manipulating or currency and still undermining our efforts in the middle east.

By that same token, he also worked under Reagan and GW Bush. I don't see working under Obama as a bad thing. He was nominated, was qualified and simply stepped up to the plate for the country.

I'd support him if he gets the Nomination. He is way too passive in debating skills, which does undermine his ability.

[You have a different tone when you're in the club v. trying to get past the 200kg guy standing in front of the door.

Give him the nomination and you'll see a much more adept debater than Mittens.

The great difference is that Huntsman has experience...from THIS CENTURY in the government, in the private sector, and frankly some ideas that all who study them would find interesting and not to be chunked aside lightly.

In one brief moment yesterday evening, he summed up beautifully the psychosis that has lead to this intractable government. ]

I know you libs are all excited about that, but not really.

I mean, Jesus, I found myself agreeing with Romney.

If Huntsman really thought Obama was a great guy, and such a good guy that he was happy to walk away from his commitment to the people of Utah to go be an ambassador, how does Huntsman make the argument that Obama should be replaced and he's the guy to do it?

I mean, I guess that you could make an argument if there was some key issue with the Chinese that needed resolution, and partisanship should be put aside until this critical matter was resolved. But really, no. There was no great change in our relationship with China because Huntsman was there. The Chinese are still stealing our intellectual property, still undermining our industry, still manipulating or currency and still undermining our efforts in the middle east.

Is the best person, to run against Obama, someone who has worked for him?

Last edited:
I like Huntsman as well but don't think he has the traction to get the nom.

Who knows though. Anything can and does happen.

Forum List

Back