I like Huntsman

WatertheTree

Sep 9, 2011
From what I have seen in the debates I am liking Huntsman. Ron Paul is still the clear leader, but Huntsman has a clear place in leadership in this country. A Paul/Huntsman ticket would be a winning ticket.

All the rest of them should be managing McDonalds. Lots of flapping lips that say nothing.

I'd support him if he gets the Nomination. He is way too passive in debating skills, which does undermine his ability.

He’s clearly the only qualified republican running – and yes, that means Paul is not qualified.

Of greater significance is the GOP’s rejection of Huntsmen, out of hand.

I think Everyone of them more competent than Barry. You might like Huntsman because you find him the least threatening to your Politics. That has nothing to do with qualification.

I'd support him if he gets the Nomination. He is way too passive in debating skills, which does undermine his ability.

You have a different tone when you're in the club v. trying to get past the 200kg guy standing in front of the door.

Give him the nomination and you'll see a much more adept debater than Mittens.

The great difference is that Huntsman has experience...from THIS CENTURY in the government, in the private sector, and frankly some ideas that all who study them would find interesting and not to be chunked aside lightly.

In one brief moment yesterday evening, he summed up beautifully the psychosis that has lead to this intractable government.

You have a different tone when you're in the club v. trying to get past the 200kg guy standing in front of the door.

The great difference is that Huntsman has experience...from THIS CENTURY in the government, in the private sector, and frankly some ideas that all who study them would find interesting and not to be chunked aside lightly.

In one brief moment yesterday evening, he summed up beautifully the psychosis that has lead to this intractable government.

Hey... I'm not Blind. :lol:

That said, I have checked into Huntsman and do like what I see. I have spoken up for him in the past. I will support him if he is the Nominee.

We all have different tones which should be tailored to circumstance. I hope you remain true to yours, that is what makes it valued.

My concern with any Nominee is that They remain true to form, not sell out. We don't need business as usual, more of the same. I don't want a Progressive Statist in the White House, if it can be helped, under any disguise. We are fighting for Liberty, part of that is eliminating Indentured Servitude, which requires Debt Reduction. More Government Agencies and Bureaucracy is not the path to that. I'm Not just worried about Huntsman there, I'm worried about all of Them. These are tough times CC. We need to be able to compete. To do that we do need Stability, Infrastructure, Resource, and a fair mine free playing field.

They All have experience and connections, don't fool yourself. The big Question is Face. Who do you expect to see in charge the next 4 Years, having to look out day in and day out.

I'm Independent, I won't have a voice in the NY Primary. Not that my vote matters here much anyway.

That said, I have checked into Huntsman and do like what I see. I have spoken up for him in the past. I will support him if he is the Nominee.

We all have different tones which should be tailored to circumstance. I hope you remain true to yours, that is what makes it valued.

My concern with any Nominee is that They remain true to form, not sell out. We don't need business as usual, more of the same. I don't want a Progressive Statist in the White House, if it can be helped, under any disguise. We are fighting for Liberty, part of that is eliminating Indentured Servitude, which requires Debt Reduction. More Government Agencies and Bureaucracy is not the path to that. I'm Not just worried about Huntsman there, I'm worried about all of Them. These are tough times CC. We need to be able to compete. To do that we do need Stability, Infrastructure, Resource, and a fair mine free playing field.

They All have experience and connections, don't fool yourself. The big Question is Face. Who do you expect to see in charge the next 4 Years, having to look out day in and day out.

I'm Independent, I won't have a voice in the NY Primary. Not that my vote matters here much anyway.

Well, if you've read my posts, I think until we get serious and improve the Constitution, we won't see a "real" change in the day to day lives that we lead.

What is "real" change? For most Americans, I think it has become a question of personal economics. I feel that most of us are saddened and a bit troubled by the fact that there will never be a legislated end to discrimination, bigotry, hate, etc... Its a human attribute that is fed by societal influences and possibly by, hell, just being human. I know that if I were to walk into a room of 100 strangers and the group was divided along ethnic, gender and appearance lines pretty evenly, I'd gravitate toward those in those groups that more closely resembled my ethnicity, gender, and my personal appearance standards. I don't think that makes me a bad person, just human. I would wager that nearly 100 out of 100 would do the same.

That being said, I think that "real" change for most Americans means pocketbook issues to where they can get ahead, secure theirs and their family's futures economically, and be able to THEN move from job to job (rather occupation to occupation), area to area, region to region etc...

To bring it into the context of your post.... there are too many moving parts for even a President to transcend to make any real change either for the positive or the negative in our lives. When we had a Congress that was elected by the people in that district and not out-of-district monies, when we had a Congress that would carry the water for their constituents instead of vote trading as we did on the Healthcare initiative, and when we had a Congress that would at least reach across the aisle to work for the common good, we could rely on the government to look out for us. This isn't "nanny state" BS...this is fact.

Now we have 2 houses of Congress that make their own rules without impediment or input from We the People, they are controlled by the Parties, and the last thing they want to do is give up one inch of political ground. Meanwhile Rome burns.

Another Constitutional Convention is needed to fix the 200+ year old business plan we are operating under. Usually businesses have one for 3-5 years. Ours is now in it's 3rd century. I am fearful, it won't see a fourth.

He’s clearly the only qualified republican running – and yes, that means Paul is not qualified.

Of greater significance is the GOP’s rejection of Huntsmen, out of hand.

I disagree about Paul of course but I do like Huntsman's credentials. He along with Paul seem to be the only candidates in either party who truly understand the US' monetary role in international trade. The thing about the cold reception from GOP voters is that I really think most of it is self-inflicted. For one, he's treated far better than Ron Paul by both conservative and liberal media alike so he's had ample opportunity to determine for himself his public perception. But bypassing Iowa to target the GOP's gay base by appearing on Piers Morgan every other night whenever he wasn't in NH alienating an entire Iowa swing state probably isn't the best way to go about winning over suspicious voters. Also, he should be constantly reminding himself that there isn't a language barrier when he's speaking to us. Though it comes off as pandering I don't think it is but every time I see him talk I think to myself that's exactly how I would speak to Chinese people.

Last edited:

Well, if you've read my posts, I think until we get serious and improve the Constitution, we won't see a "real" change in the day to day lives that we lead.

What is "real" change? For most Americans, I think it has become a question of personal economics. I feel that most of us are saddened and a bit troubled by the fact that there will never be a legislated end to discrimination, bigotry, hate, etc... Its a human attribute that is fed by societal influences and possibly by, hell, just being human. I know that if I were to walk into a room of 100 strangers and the group was divided along ethnic, gender and appearance lines pretty evenly, I'd gravitate toward those in those groups that more closely resembled my ethnicity, gender, and my personal appearance standards. I don't think that makes me a bad person, just human. I would wager that nearly 100 out of 100 would do the same.

That being said, I think that "real" change for most Americans means pocketbook issues to where they can get ahead, secure theirs and their family's futures economically, and be able to THEN move from job to job (rather occupation to occupation), area to area, region to region etc...

To bring it into the context of your post.... there are too many moving parts for even a President to transcend to make any real change either for the positive or the negative in our lives. When we had a Congress that was elected by the people in that district and not out-of-district monies, when we had a Congress that would carry the water for their constituents instead of vote trading as we did on the Healthcare initiative, and when we had a Congress that would at least reach across the aisle to work for the common good, we could rely on the government to look out for us. This isn't "nanny state" BS...this is fact.

Now we have 2 houses of Congress that make their own rules without impediment or input from We the People, they are controlled by the Parties, and the last thing they want to do is give up one inch of political ground. Meanwhile Rome burns.

Another Constitutional Convention is needed to fix the 200+ year old business plan we are operating under. Usually businesses have one for 3-5 years. Ours is now in it's 3rd century. I am fearful, it won't see a fourth.

I think we gravitate to common interest most of all in the end. The rest is window dressing. It's about what we have in common. :)

Value, Principle, Ideal, cannot be bought or leased, or counterfeited. You get that right, success will follow. Without oi, no amount of funding can repair the wrong. Formula first, Economics second. Vision, Discovery, Invention, all need to work the kinks out before massive funding, Manufacturing, or distribution, the history of recalls will attest to that.

The Parties are truly lacking in Ethics, Integrity, that is true. We were Founded on Unalienable Rights, that was Unprecedented. We need to Look to those Principles. Establish and maintain Impartial Justice and hold to it. Flush the Constitution? I wouldn't trust us or our Selfish Interests for a second doing that. Structured Liberty. Confirm that which does work effectively and hold to it, build on that. Value, Principle, Ideal. Lose the Chaff, that which proves a waste of time, that which is redundant, or worse yet, unfairly obstructive, Hurtful. Amendment and Restructure where necessary. Why throw out that which is of value? Why throw out that which is the only thing protecting us from Totalitarian Rule? You must know what will result with the defenses down. Our Founders Feared Totalitarian Rule, that is why Enumerated Power was of such interest, at least until Hamilton screwed us out of that control.

I think Everyone of them more competent than Barry.
That's because you are just a partisan hack.

No. Actually it's because I honestly believe Barry to be under qualified for the position.

I can name at least 4 Democrats more qualified than him this day to run the Country. Though I don't agree with their Politics.

Leon Panetta
Hillary
Gerry Brown
Morgan Freeman

As funny as that is, I stand by it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The GOP are just plain dumb. They get behind Romney who in my opinion has no chance of beating Obama, simply because he isn't different enough. Many people are not going to vote for some elitist corporation guy. I could be wrong but I just don't see him doing well in southern states like South Carolina.

Huntsman would get Paul voters because he shares many viewpoints (they will never vote for Romney), there are even democrats and independents that would vote for him. Obama would be packing his bags if they got behind him. They are blowing it.

The fact that Huntsman is tolerant of Gays and likes the environment shouldn't be a deal breaker if you want Obama out of the white house. He even says he wants to "reign" in the EPA and understands it's overstep it's boundaries.

Huntsman is the only Republican most liberals like! After watching the debate last night I'm confused, is Huntsman running for U.S. President or China's?

Huntsman is far more qualified to be President than the President who tagged him to be our Ambassador to China. Makes perfect sense. Especially since he accepted the job.

You people are killing me.

Huntsman is far more qualified to be President than the President who tagged him to be our Ambassador to China. Makes perfect sense. Especially since he accepted the job.

You people are killing me.

Hmmm....

So that would mean that nobody who ever worked for anybody else could ever start their own business.

You should go on the road with your material; you're better than most comics.

Huntsman is the only Republican most liberals like! After watching the debate last night I'm confused, is Huntsman running for U.S. President or China's?

The man has more experience, foreign and domestic, than anyone else in the race. I find it bizarre you actually hold that against him.

Huntsman talks in long paragraphs and gives reasoned arguments for his positions. This causes people like you with short attention spans to nod off. Your only defense against him is to parrot artless quips.

I'm a lifelong Republican and am sickened by the glorification of, and strivening for, infantilism that now dominates the GOP. It's like you wake up each morning and bash yourselves in the head with a sledgehammer to prevent yourselves from raising your IQ above that of a turtle.

If I am considered to be to the "left" for having more than two brain cells to rub together and reject the kind of moronic behavior that has overtaken what used to be the party of intellectual superiority, I wear the enmity of people like you as a badge of honor.

Forum List

Back