I like discussing the Origin of the Universe, let's do.

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
What is your theory?

I have several different things pulling my brain one way or another(crack excluded), perhaps they could all be related.

I feel there's something with energy and our brain's abilities that we all don't know. I enjoy "attempting" to have lucid dreams, but they don't always happen. When they do, it can be magical but I haven't reached a point where I become "conscious" within my dream, i.e. aware I'm in a dream, and in total control. You can youtube people who have done this and their descriptions are awesome.

So there's the electo-magnetic connection I think there's something to that, and life, but then I am anti-Religion. I'm neither anti nor pro creator; however. Science has come a long way, but it cannot get my head around the whole "something came from nothing" thing.

These are just my initial thoughts, whoever likes to discuss these things jump on in!!

ancient astronaut theory explains it all.... :D

j/k

I don't understand any of it gt, but i do believe there is something more to us, that most have not grasped yet... the dream thing sounds like fun, if one can manage them in a state of knowing it is a dream....

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unravelling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang! BANG!

The world sits on the back of a giant tortoise.

Yea Care, and thanks for not responding in jest :)

Try Reece Jones on youtube some time. Skip his "beating drug addiction" videos, and get right to the good stuff, and let me know if you like it. He explains his experiences well, and is really able to put you there. He also tries to explain how to dream more and more lucid, but I can never get a good amount of nights in a row without the TV on or other random stuff.

The Earth began to cool,

The Big Bang can't account for where the first singularity came from

The Earth began to cool,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8MguIMmCI]YouTube - The Big Bang Theory Theme with Lyrics[/ame]

On a serious note though...I find Steven Hawkings theories and his show on PBS a few years back as the most believable to me. They know exactly what happened 1 second after the "Big Bang" It's that first second that's kicking everyones ass.

Now imagine the sun and the planets as an atom...we could be living on an electron IN THE ATOM OF SOME MASSIVE BEING!!!!!!!!!!

I heard this before and was intrigued by it. Our cells are "living," so what if we're micro-cells and the Universe is a Giant organism and it just so happens its micro cells were sentient. lol

Now imagine the sun and the planets as an atom...we could be living on an electron IN THE ATOM OF SOME MASSIVE BEING!!!!!!!!!!

I heard this before and was intrigued by it. Our cells are "living," so what if we're micro-cells and the Universe is a Giant organism and it just so happens its micro cells were sentient. lol

I was intrigued by "Animal House" too:lol:
Southerland and the students getting stoned.....hilarious.

What is your theory?

I always figured it was created by Monty Python :)

god.png

I was intrigued by "Animal House" too:lol:
Southerland and the students getting stoned.....hilarious.
:lol: i have a giant dick, tru story :lol:

On a serious note though...I find Steven Hawkings theories and his show on PBS a few years back as the most believable to me. They know exactly what happened 1 second after the "Big Bang" It's that first second that's kicking everyones ass.

I came here to post the same thoughts, PatekPhilippe...lol. I have been watching that series and tend to embrace his conclusions and lifetime study of our planetary system...

The Earth began to cool,

It does not need to, the laws of nature were nonexistent before that and, therefore, nothing prior to that point can ever be explained. Seems that is what religion is for ;)

I feel there's something with energy and our brain's abilities that we all don't know. I enjoy "attempting" to have lucid dreams, but they don't always happen. When they do, it can be magical but I haven't reached a point where I become "conscious" within my dream, i.e. aware I'm in a dream, and in total control.
Interesting thought. I am not sure what you mean by lucid dream but I have become conscience and in complete control of my dreams on several occasions. Normally I have not initiated it but it comes after I realize that I have had the same dream before and then it hits me, I am dreaming now. I have about 3 dreams that I have had multiple times. One of with is frequent enough that I believe I have had it a dozen times sometimes years apart. It does lead to some interesting dreams. There is also a point between sleep and wakefulness at which point you realize that you are at the edge of dreaming and gain total control at that point. That is where the real interesting dreams have come for me because I have almost full mental capacity so I can come up with anything I want or even plan the rout I want the dream to take. The real trip about that is the memories of the dream itself are far far stronger and tend to last longer though they do fade. Sometimes I will concentrate on them so that I can remember clearly for longer periods.

The universe doesn't come from anywhere, it has always existed.

There's a pretty good consensus that it had a beginning. (in the scientific community). Dig into some research on that.

The Earth began to cool,

It does not need to, the laws of nature were nonexistent before that and, therefore, nothing prior to that point can ever be explained. Seems that is what religion is for ;)

I feel there's something with energy and our brain's abilities that we all don't know. I enjoy "attempting" to have lucid dreams, but they don't always happen. When they do, it can be magical but I haven't reached a point where I become "conscious" within my dream, i.e. aware I'm in a dream, and in total control.
Interesting thought. I am not sure what you mean by lucid dream but I have become conscience and in complete control of my dreams on several occasions. Normally I have not initiated it but it comes after I realize that I have had the same dream before and then it hits me, I am dreaming now. I have about 3 dreams that I have had multiple times. One of with is frequent enough that I believe I have had it a dozen times sometimes years apart. It does lead to some interesting dreams. There is also a point between sleep and wakefulness at which point you realize that you are at the edge of dreaming and gain total control at that point. That is where the real interesting dreams have come for me because I have almost full mental capacity so I can come up with anything I want or even plan the rout I want the dream to take. The real trip about that is the memories of the dream itself are far far stronger and tend to last longer though they do fade. Sometimes I will concentrate on them so that I can remember clearly for longer periods.

On the Big Bang thing, saying it doesn't need to be explained defeats the purpose of the discussion (theories on an explanation). I'm not Religious, I actually resent Religions, and so I reject their theories because they lack any sort of proof.

Your dream capabilities should be looked into. There are a lot of secrets you can unlock in dreams, and even day to day problems can be solved in them because of your ability to concentrate without distraction, assuming you become conscious that you're dreaming. Many of the great inventors used lucid dreaming as a tool to solve problems, as well as artists and people of that nature. Sounds pretty far fetched, me knows.

on the dream front....i have the ablitity to leave the body in dream state....now i have heard various theories as to why this happens...one is a type of astro projection...the other is simply that your brain has awaken before your body...i have heard people claim they can control it and visit other areas...i have never done that.

Forum List

Back