I lack understanding

ok....what would be the political fall out of obama turning it down and say....giving it to the guy mentioned in the time article? as if there as been no political fall out from accepting it.....
First of all the question is open in my mind if he would even be capable of that. As I just got through saying. Would his ego allow it?

Secondly, the risk of insulting these people no matter how slick you are would be problematic. And yes, you're right -- what does it matter if our President insults them. But that's beside the point.

Clearly some folks on the far-left like Dr. Hill agree with you completely. Some others on the far-left don't. So I go back to what I also said earlier, it's not Obama's fault they foisted this on him.

And he did okay with it. He didn't gloat, he didn't meander on about how he did this or that to deserve it. He didn't give us any anecdotal bullshit or make idiotic comparisons. He came across as humbled and maybe even a little bit embarrassed.

As well he should be IMO.

fair point about him getting the award foisted on him....yet, as i said....he could have easily turned it down and given it to the guy that TIME wrote about....

he would have been a hero, now....he is a fool and the award is now even more foolish than it was before
He couldn't have easily done it. But it would have been refreshing. And I doubt it would have gone over very well for him to presume to tell them what to do with it, who to give it to instead.

As to hero status? He's already got that in many circles. But I don't see his gracious accepting the award foolish by any stretch.

Lots of folks disagree with me, many of them from the far-left. Almost like it's another catch 22.

Speculation but, I wonder if it even crossed his or any of this staffers' minds to not accept this?

Nah.

Last edited:
I want some bang for the buck. They should run it like a business, keeping the cost per dead puke as low as possible. And keeping in mind these subhumans aren't worth a single one of our service members' lives.
There's the trick. We will pay for every enemy killed, either with money or with blood.

But the price must be paid.

I want some bang for the buck. They should run it like a business, keeping the cost per dead puke as low as possible. And keeping in mind these subhumans aren't worth a single one of our service members' lives.
There's the trick. We will pay for every enemy killed, either with money or with blood.

I say pay with money. But make it cheap. Kill, cheaply. Don't dignify these subhumans with the lives of our service members.

I say pay with money. But make it cheap. Kill, cheaply. Don't dignify these subhumans with the lives of our service members.
I agree, MM. But with an image-oriented WH, I do not see this as a realistic possibility.

I agree, MM. But with an image-oriented WH, I do not see this as a realistic possibility.
Well, they wouldn't couch it the way I have. Naturally. They would be much less blunt about it, in rhetorical terms.

But they might well do it. I definitely see Obama pulling the troops out, and he's already asked Congress for 3 billion for many more drones. This came out just today.

Can you imagine living that life? Knowing that at any given moment there are 100 or so drones flying around? But you can't see them or hear them because they are 30,000 feet up? Knowing that if you even go outside your cave to take a piss, you might buy it?

Well worth the money just for the mental torture.

I haven't seen the list of "deserving nominees" but I have seen where the President said the money is going for charity.

Can't we just say, "cool" and go on? Why all the angst?

There are those here on this board, that were GOD to snatch the man up and assume him into heaven who would then curse GOD, question his reality, and on and on THAT way, though they had been lifelong "believers."

It is just kind of amazing how consumed some can become by their own hate. But what is, is! And hey, if nothing else, it gives them something to gripe about!
Puh-leeze. Eschew the hyperbole.
YOU, Eschew Obfuscation.........

It does not matter WHAT President Obama does or does not do, the haters will hate. We all know that.

I often wonder, what DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED and Electoral College
confirmed Demoncrat would ever have satisfied them? About anything, anything at all????????

Well, they wouldn't couch it the way I have. Naturally. They would be much less blunt about it, in rhetorical terms.

But they might well do it. I definitely see Obama pulling the troops out, and he's already asked Congress for 3 billion for many more drones. This came out just today.
I believe that you underestimate some of the left's base. There is an element of that base who believes that anything other than proportional offense/defense is oppressive and that element has influence on that base. I don't see this strategy being possible at all.

There are those here on this board, that were GOD to snatch the man up and assume him into heaven who would then curse GOD, question his reality, and on and on THAT way, though they had been lifelong "believers."

It is just kind of amazing how consumed some can become by their own hate. But what is, is! And hey, if nothing else, it gives them something to gripe about!
Puh-leeze. Eschew the hyperbole.
YOU, Eschew Obfuscation.........

It does not matter WHAT President Obama does or does not do, the haters will hate. We all know that.

I often wonder, what DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED and Electoral College
confirmed Demoncrat would ever have satisfied them? About anything, anything at all????????
Your partisan hyperbole equates "haters" with all republicans, all conservatives, and anyone else who might disagree with or criticize Obama. This makes you a "hater."

Like say, Dr. Marc Lamont Hill?

Take the partisan bullshit our of your act, and you might find some stimulating discussion around these parts. You might even find yourself -- egads! -- having some honesty and critical thought regarding the President!

I believe that you underestimate some of the left's base. There is an element of that base who believes that anything other than proportional offense/defense is oppressive and that element has influence on that base. I don't see this strategy being possible at all.
I believe you, and know that these folks are in his ear. I don't underestimate them at all. It remains to be seen what he will do, but the ordering of the drones gives us a hint.

I believe you, and know that these folks are in his ear. I don't underestimate them at all. It remains to be seen what he will do, but the ordering of the drones gives us a hint.

And building drones would create jobs.

We could make green drones that are solar and wind powered.

In fact, we could create drones that are huge flying magnifying glasses, which would concentrate the sunlight on the targets and burn the bad guys like ants.

And building drones would create jobs.
Yes.

We could make green drones that are solar and wind powered.

In fact, we could create drones that are huge flying magnifying glasses, which would concentrate the sunlight on the targets and burn the bad guys like ants.
Yeah and, pigs could fly out your butt! :rofl:

Bad idea!

If we do that, we will have some Global Warming nut flying one over the arctic ice melting the icecaps to prove that global warming is destroying the world and since I live in Florida near the mouth of Tampa Bay, I think that is a very, very bad idea.

Immie

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Anyone here want his job? I didn't think so.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

It's LESS about Obama and More about the Obvious Shot that was Taken @ (43)...

A Political Tool is being Commented on MORE than Barry's being the Unjustified Winner of some Meaningless Award.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back