I know this has been done before

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
but with so many new posters I was getting to wonder what your user names mean....

Dr Grump was supposed to be the antithesis of what I am. I am not a doctor, nor am I grumpy....however, some cons think differently! :lol::lol::lol:
Plus Mr Happy sounds so gay....

I was a substitute teacher for years. My last name is nearly unpronouncable (unless you cut out your tongue) so the kids just called me Mr. H.

Also, I dig hydrogen. :D

I was a substitute teacher for years. My last name is nearly unpronouncable (unless you cut out your tongue) so the kids just called me Mr. H.

Also, I dig hydrogen. :D

Careful ... there are so many cool smartassery comments for that. :razz:

Oddly, the first part of mine was given to me in the shelters when I was living there. I have a "tiny" voice and use to curl up on a single chair and sleep while waiting (lots of waiting in shelters). Most of the other clients could barely fit in a chair sitting. Koder is just a twist on what I do now fir a living. Two worlds in one.

Mine's kind of obvious. I like Graybeard's explanation, but I think old fart would be cool too ;)

I picked Big Black Dog - not because of the black Lab in my avitar but because of a really nice Black and Tan Coon Hound I used to have named Shakesphere.

but with so many new posters I was getting to wonder what your user names mean....

Dr Grump was supposed to be the antithesis of what I am. I am not a doctor, nor am I grumpy....however, some cons think differently! :lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Happy isn't gay. That's my husband's name for his schling schlong. Actually it's Mr. Happy Stick.

Chanel #5 is my favorite perfume. Actually the only one I wear. Dad used to buy me dolls from all over the world and came home once with a bottle instead. I was in 7th grade, and he told me I was getting too old for dolls. Powerful memory and no other perfume smells as sweet to me.

I like to use local placed names, I suppose because they are easily remembered. When I first went on the internet I used "American Bottoms" which is a favorite geological feature nearby; a unique glacial valley system. It had the added benefit of being a place which registers the broad impulses of the whole greater Mississippi valley which it is a part of, thus appropriate since I've always thought of my self as being "everyman". But the "bottoms" part had a connotation which could be prejudicial, and forums like this one show me that I'm not really "everyman".

My favorite animal (next to the dog) is the horse. I had a Native American pal in the Marine Corps named American Horse. Using his name allows me to use two words I have an affinity for. American Horse was a sometimes controversial "Indian" chief, and I have sympathy for the Native Americans so the name fits on a number of levels.

Last edited:
candy_pixy_sticks.gif

I was going to go with smarties,

smarties.jpg

but figured since I named my kitten Pixie and her legs looked like sticks I would just go for PixieStix

Last edited:
noose is a nickname i have in real life that is taken from my last name, kind of like how on happy days the fonz gets his name from his last name fonzarelli(though i am way cooler) 4 is the number i wore playing hockey and because i am a Bobby Orr fan.

Manu = manchester united my favourite football team....

1959 = the year they started rebuilding after the munchen air disaster and it was also the year i was born ....

been a great 50 years for us both....

Forum List

Back