I know, It's Just a Poll, but it might brighten your day

-=d=- said:
How so? They are accurate within a stated margin of error.
Not really. They dont poll everyone. They only poll a small margin a the population, which cant refelect the entire population. The way someone asks a question can affect the way you are going to answer it. Not to mention it creates group thought. It also affects the final out come if someone see's there canidate ahead in the polls he or she may not go out and vote, because they dont have to there canidate is already ahead. Vise versa, your canidate is behind, and theres nothing you can do to help, so why go vote??

lolita715 said:
Not really. They dont poll everyone. They only poll a small margin a the population, which cant refelect the entire population. The way someone asks a question can affect the way you are going to answer it. Not to mention it creates group thought. It also affects the final out come if someone see's there canidate ahead in the polls he or she may not go out and vote, because they dont have to there canidate is already ahead. Vise versa, your canidate is behind, and theres nothing you can do to help, so why go vote??

Okay if that is truly the case then Bush could be way ahead of Kerry as well? Might explain how close polls were for Reagan, then Reagan won almost every state.

lolita715 said:

Okay - perhaps you have never had anyone explain what a poll means.

In a poll, there is a statement implied which is "If the trend continued, the results would be..." OR "From our sampling group, the results are..."

Bonnie said:
Okay if that is truly the case then Bush could be way ahead of Kerry as well? Might explain how close polls were for Reagan, then Reagan won almost every state.
Bush could be ahead, but we will not know election day. It does explain why Reagan won every state but the polls showed different. I dont get excited by polls, because I think they are misleading for everyone.

-=d=- said:
Okay - perhaps you have never had anyone explain what a poll means.

In a poll, there is a statement implied which is "If the trend continued, the results would be..." OR "From our sampling group, the results are..."
sampling groups dont always countinue. How can you say the 1,000 people you polled are the same as the rest of the population?? Especially when they are all over 30 years old??

lolita715 said:
sampling groups dont always countinue. How can you say the 1,000 people you polled are the same as the rest of the population?? Especially when they are all over 30 years old??

Do you know what the word 'If' means?

www.hop.com - check it out, little brother...

lolita715 said:
Especially when they are all over 30 years old??
oh - and side note? Those over 30 have the only opinions which matter anyway. :)

Drinking age should be 18, Driving age should be 18, and voting age should be 21...or 25 if the citizen has not completed at least one year of civil service in some capacity. :)

-=d=- said:
oh - and side note? Those over 30 have the only opinions which matter anyway. :)

Drinking age should be 18, Driving age should be 18, and voting age should be 21...or 25 if the citizen has not completed at least one year of civil service in some capacity. :)
Thank god your not running the country!!!

lolita715 said:
Thank god your not running the country!!!

For the LAST TIME:

your
The possessive form of you.

Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're

Contraction of you are

;)

www.hop.com - it works.

-=d=- said:
For the LAST TIME:

your

Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're

I
Contraction of you are

;)

www.hop.com - it works.
WHOOOOOOO cares!!! Is that all you have to argue now, sorry I dont proof read everything before I post it to a web board

-=d=- said:
For the LAST TIME:

your

you're

Contraction of you are

;)

www.hop.com - it works.

Now -D- she said....
Yes I am young but I'm well educated and Iam currently in school.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173613&postcount=34
Come on....this is what we get for allowing the Gov. into public education.
Not to mention the NEA..."Well educated" has become a figment of our imagination.

lolita715 said:
WHOOOOOOO cares!!! Is that all you have to argue now, sorry I dont proof read everything before I post it to a web board

No - I can argue lots of things, such as:

You are transparent.
You are not fooling anyone into thinking you 'know what you are talking about' or even 'have a clue'.
You are immature, as a person, not yet a woman - older than a 'child'.
You are trapped in a place in life with emotions and passions without the wisdom to understand how to express or use those things.

Mr. P said:
But here's the thing...when we're older we can pretend to be clueless
and nobody knows..It's a great advantage, and we have immunity, cuz we're ole farts.
SHHHH, dont be telling no secrets!

lolita715 said:
Bush could be ahead, but we will not know election day. It does explain why Reagan won every state but the polls showed different. I dont get excited by polls, because I think they are misleading for everyone.
You are partially right. Polls can be misleading, but in general they do give an idea of what the majority of the country will vote. I think the polls currently do reflect closely what the country is thinking.

Lets remember that after the first debate Kerry gained ground in the polls. After the second and third Bush regained his ground in the polls. Bush had approx. an 8 pt. lead before the debates began.

Forum List

Back