I know it won't make a difference to the radicalized people....

American workers need to be educated on spending and budgeting.
Not get paid more money to piss away....

View attachment 45966

Please provide your credible non partisan substantiation that those earning minimum wages are "pissing money away".

Assuming all Americans are hard working also assumes...........

Everything you have posted is based upon your own fallacious assumptions.

The fact that you can't provide a single shred of credible evidence to substantiate your erroneous claims says that you are just parroting extremist rightwing talking points.

The reality is that millions of those making minimum wage work multiple jobs and long hours.

Try reading this entire article if you are seriously interested in having a "real" conversation.

Low-wage Work Uncertainty often Traps Low-wage Workers - UC Davis Center for Poverty Research

And this one;

More people need second jobs fewer can find them Marketplace.org

And this one;

You Need to Work 50 Hours A Week to Stay Out of Poverty on Minimum Wage - NationalJournal.com

And these facts;

Working Full Time and Still Poor Center for American Progress

View attachment 45966

Please provide your credible non partisan substantiation that those earning minimum wages are "pissing money away".

The fact that you can't provide a single shred of credible evidence to substantiate your erroneous claims says that you are just parroting extremist rightwing talking points.

The reality is that millions of those making minimum wage work multiple jobs and long hours.

Try reading this entire article if you are seriously interested in having a "real" conversation.

Low-wage Work Uncertainty often Traps Low-wage Workers - UC Davis Center for Poverty Research

And this one;

And this one;

You Need to Work 50 Hours A Week to Stay Out of Poverty on Minimum Wage - NationalJournal.com

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Common sense is common sense.
Next....

View attachment 45966

And this one;

And this one;

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Next....

Thank you for tactily admitting that you were lying when you posted that you wanted to have a "real" conversation.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
Albert Einstein

View attachment 45966

And this one;

And this one;

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Next....

Thank you for tactily admitting that you were lying when you posted that you wanted to have a "real" conversation.

Albert Einstein

I want to have "real" conversation based on what you and I know and believe NOW.
Not based on articles you want me to read and report back on.

View attachment 45966

And this one;

And this one;

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Next....

Albert Einstein

I want to have "real" conversation based on what you and I know and believe NOW.

No, you just want someone to agree with your fallacious prejudices against hardworking Americans who are less fortunate than yourself.

If you were truly interested in the subject you would educate yourself about it and who knows, you might even get off your butt and actually do something about it too.

But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Encountered way too many "Christians" who never put into action what they preach or claim to believe.

And this one;

And this one;

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Next....

Albert Einstein

No, you just want someone to agree with your fallacious prejudices against hardworking Americans who are less fortunate than yourself.

If you were truly interested in the subject you would educate yourself about it and who knows, you might even get off your butt and actually do something about it too.

But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Encountered way too many "Christians" who never put into action what they preach or claim to believe.

You can make accusations towards me, but, making that a basis for Christianity or all Christian's is out of line and unfair.

Your pompous and bullying tactics are noticed by many on this board (and, I'm sure, others in your life) - that being said, because I misjudged you as someone open minded and fair, I will pass it off as such... a bad judgment of character on my part...

And this one;

And this one;

And these facts;

Articles are article.
Next....

Albert Einstein

You can make accusations towards me, but, making that a basis for Christianity or all Christian's is out of line and unfair.

Your pompous and bullying tactics are noticed by many on this board (and, I'm sure, others in your life) - that being said, because I misjudged you as someone open minded and fair, I will pass it off as such... a bad judgment of character on my part...

Really?

Expecting someone to actually provide substantiation for their positions on a message board is "bullying tactics"?

Pointing out hypocrisy is "bullying tactics"?

Obviously you don't understand the true meaning of the term.

Kicking someone who is already down is a "bullying tactic".

And that is exactly what YOU are doing to those less fortunate than yourself in this thread.

Like most bullies you are a coward and that has been exposed by your cowardice when faced with facts that you can't refute.

Instead you run away from them which is moral cowardice on your part and a betrayal of the religion that you preach.

Would Jesus has denigrated those who work hard and are less fortunate?

No, in fact he did the exact opposite in the parable of the poor widow and the rich man.

So yes, your judgment is bad, but not in the way that you are using to defend your hurt feelings. Your judgment is appalling because you lack empathy, compassion and understanding for your fellow Americans who aren't as lucky as you are.

Right now all I am doing is holding up a mirror and you don't like what you see.

And yes, that is your problem.

Have a nice day.

Articles are article.
Next....

Albert Einstein

Really?

Expecting someone to actually provide substantiation for their positions on a message board is "bullying tactics"?

Pointing out hypocrisy is "bullying tactics"?

Obviously you don't understand the true meaning of the term.

Kicking someone who is already down is a "bullying tactic".

And that is exactly what YOU are doing to those less fortunate than yourself in this thread.

Like most bullies you are a coward and that has been exposed by your cowardice when faced with facts that you can't refute.

Instead you run away from them which is moral cowardice on your part and a betrayal of the religion that you preach.

Would Jesus has denigrated those who work hard and are less fortunate?

No, in fact he did the exact opposite in the parable of the poor widow and the rich man.

So yes, your judgment is bad, but not in the way that you are using to defend your hurt feelings. Your judgment is appalling because you lack empathy, compassion and understanding for your fellow Americans who aren't as lucky as you are.

Right now all I am doing is holding up a mirror and you don't like what you see.

And yes, that is your problem.

Have a nice day.

How do you know I am "fortunate"... you really know nothing..... (about me anyway...)
I want what is best (in this sense) for this country and that I for people to work hard (ironically) but believe many do no, and I think life experiences prove more than statistics or articles.........
Jesus asked his Apostles to leave everything and follow him, He wasn't worried about pay or wages.
He was concerned with God and spreading the Gospel. Jesus had "no where to lay his head" - and he IS God.

How do you know I am "fortunate"... you really know nothing..... (about me anyway...)

If you were one of the less fortunate hardworking Americans you would know what kinds of lives they lead (and you don't) and you wouldn't have the time to post here (which you do) because you would be working 50-60 hours a week instead.

By your own admission you have never once even tried to help those less fortunate than yourself.

I am sure that Jesus must be so proud to have people like you spreading his word while making a mockery of it by not living by it.

If you were one of the less fortunate hardworking Americans you would know what kinds of lives they lead (and you don't) and you wouldn't have the time to post here (which you do) because you would be working 50-60 hours a week instead.

By your own admission you have never once even tried to help those less fortunate than yourself.

I am sure that Jesus must be so proud to have people like you spreading his word while making a mockery of it by not living by it.

.... what about you?

Yes, at least I admit it, not hiding behind anything and refusing to say what I am (an imperfect human being, that has a lot of growing to do as a Christian). Are you willing to do that?

I have to answer to Jesus, not you. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?

.... what about you?

Yes, at least I admit it, not hiding behind anything and refusing to say what I am (an imperfect human being, that has a lot of growing to do as a Christian). Are you willing to do that?

I have to answer to Jesus, not you. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?

I don't waste my time with superstitions. Instead I volunteer in my community doing things to help others less fortunate than myself.

Anything worth having is worth working for in my experience. That goes for relationships as much as it does for anything else.

Your religion tells you to go out and help the less fortunate.

Do you do that?

Do you give up your time to stand in a kitchen peeling vegetables for hours and then serving the meal you helped to prepare to those for whom it will be their only hot meal of the day in the middle of winter?

Or do you have same selfish attitude about your time as you do about your money?

How are you going to answer to Jesus when he asks you why never volunteered to help his suffering brethren?

.... what about you?

I don't waste my time with superstitions. Instead I volunteer in my community doing things to help others less fortunate than myself.

Anything worth having is worth working for in my experience. That goes for relationships as much as it does for anything else.

Your religion tells you to go out and help the less fortunate.

Do you do that?

Do you give up your time to stand in a kitchen peeling vegetables for hours and then serving the meal you helped to prepare to those for whom it will be their only hot meal of the day in the middle of winter?

Or do you have same selfish attitude about your time as you do about your money?

How are you going to answer to Jesus when he asks you why never volunteered to help his suffering brethren?

I'm not entirely sure how you consider yourself to be qualified to question me about a relationship I have, which, you know nothing about (my relationship with God).

It doesn't matter how much you have read or what you do, but, unless you are in God's will for your life in the end, it has no meaning or purpose.

You can do things which, if you were a Child of God, would please him, but, unless you are doing it FOR Him, it means nothing.

No, I tithe 10% plus to the church. I admit my personal time is an area that I need to work on sacrificing for God and His purposes. But it's not WORKS that gets you to heaven or even salvation, it's giving your heart to God.

I might fail God, that is not you to judge, but, you do and my poor example is a shame to me before my God.
Even so, to deny Him would be all the more shameful.

I hope that I will be a better person and representative for God and Jesus. Maybe he brought you into my life on this platform for that reason.....

Forum List

Back