“I know how to win wars. I know how to win wars”

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
So said John McCain yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what exactly he's done in his life that makes this statement remotely true?

So said John McCain yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what exactly he's done in his life that makes this statement remotely true?

Maybe the part he isn't telling us is that he's planning on invading Grenada again?

I'm reasonably certain we can kick their ass, again, and probably even win a peace there, too.

Do they have coconut oil, perhaps?

Cant fight a guerilla war from 30,000 feet... screw this mideast nonsense.. lets pull out and attack grenada again... It worked for Reagan....

Well, let's see...McCain was improsened in Nort Vietnam for severeal years...he fought in the Vietnam war...he helped leading America in the Afghanistan and Iraq war...a story of successes.

Well, let's see...McCain was improsened in Nort Vietnam for severeal years...he fought in the Vietnam war...he helped leading America in the Afghanistan and Iraq war...a story of successes.
YOu actually didnt mention his command controll .. lol.

Cant fight a guerilla war from 30,000 feet... screw this mideast nonsense.. lets pull out and attack grenada again... It worked for Reagan....

All wars should be fought hand to hand and those in favor of war should be the first to go. Sending rockets removes the human element, it make death a video game. As the war nuts die they should be encased in plastic and shown to the youth of the world.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. George Orwell

We lost Vietnam. We're not doing well in Afghanistan. Iraq is questionable.

All wars should be fought hand to hand and those in favor of war should be the first to go. Sending rockets removes the human element, it make death a video game. As the war nuts die they should be encased in plastic and shown to the youth of the world.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. George Orwell

A peacenick giving advise on how a war should be fought... .priceless... :lol:

i have an idea. how bout we dont get into pointless wars?

I got an idea... stop having peacenicks think that they get to decide what is a pointless war...

This is the real world, not John Lennon's "Imagine".... evil and enemies exist, allies get attacked, despots don't comply to cease-fire agreements, etc... you don't just turn the other cheek, you don't assume that if you ignore it that it will go away

I got an idea... stop having peacenicks think that they get to decide what is a pointless war...

This is the real world, not John Lennon's "Imagine".... evil and enemies exist, allies get attacked, despots don't comply to cease-fire agreements, etc... you don't just turn the other cheek, you don't assume that if you ignore it that it will go away

so, iraq attacked us or one of our allies?

I imagine people that are against unjustified wars are just as capable of deciding as people that can't wait to shoot off a gun.

So, what did McCain ever do that qualifies him to make that statement?

This peacenik served during war.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5btZWbViPA]YouTube - Country Joe McDonald - I Feel Like (Woodstock 1969)[/ame]

be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box.

so, iraq attacked us or one of our allies?

See Kuwait

and before you go off with the typical lib retort of "no, I mean the 2nd war"... remember that there is no second war... it is a continuation of the first that was justified because of Iraq's refusal to comply with the terms of the cease-fire agreement (and remember that a cease-fire does not mean the end of war... just the suspension of hostilities with conditions attached)

See Kuwait

and before you go off with the typical lib retort of "no, I mean the 2nd war"... remember that there is no second war... it is a continuation of the first that was justified because of Iraq's refusal to comply with the terms of the cease-fire agreement (and remember that a cease-fire does not mean the end of war... just the suspension of hostilities with conditions attached)

What self-serving silliness.... (I hope you like the alliteration).

There are two, count 'em, gulf wars. One was handled by Daddy, who did a good job and listened when his state department said "don't go to Baghdad".

The other is the nightmare war of choice run by Baby....

You can spin it any way you'd like.... but you're being disingenuous.

Forum List

Back