I knew there was something about Chris I liked

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Ol' Chris Daughtry - he is a Christian...

Though I've always enjoyed singing, I was never pushed until I was in a rock band. Therefore it took years to develop the strength and range it takes to deliver Absent Elements' screaming sound. My song writing comes straight from the heart. <b>I write about my relationship with God</b>, my wife (who inspires most of my lyrics) and other life experiences. If it did'nt happen to me, I can't effectively and honestly write about it. " - Chris Daughtry

jillian said:
It is as absurd to say you like someone because of their religious beliefs as it is to say you dislike them for their beliefs.

There are LOTS of folks I HATE because of their beliefs - lemme see here:

1) Osama Bin Laden
2) Saddam
3) Satan
4) Anyone in Hezbula
5) Hitler
6) Jaque Chiraq

Need I go on?

jillian said:
Read the first post in this thread. How am I wrong, honey?

I figure there are all kinds of really good reasons to like or dislike people. Their religion isn't one of them. {{HUG}}

If I find out jimnyc is a Sagittarius and say "I KNEW there was something about him I liked" will you reply asserting I wouldn't have liked him, or didn't like him because of his birthday?

dmp said:
If I find out jimnyc is a Sagittarius and say "I KNEW there was something about him I liked" will you reply asserting I wouldn't have liked him, or didn't like him because of his birthday?

I would find it strange if it was the first thing you mentioned. ;)

Besides, Jim is a cancer, like me. :funnyface

jillian said:

I figure there are all kinds of really good reasons to like or dislike people. Their religion isn't one of them. {{HUG}}

A lot of people base their reasons to like or dislike someone on political beliefs and the ability (or inability) to discuss said beliefs.

GotZoom said:
A lot of people base their reasons to like or dislike someone on political beliefs and the ability (or inability) to discuss said beliefs.

True. But seems that goes to the nature of the individual, not his politics, per se.

When did one's religious beliefs become "political"?

jillian said:
True. But seems that goes to the nature of the individual, not his politics, per se.

When did one's religious beliefs become "political"?

No one said they did. People like people for different reasons.

If CP likes the guy...then finds out that he is a Christian, who is to say his Christianity doesn't solidify CP's like for him? Maybe CP saw/heard/read him other places and thought that he had a good head on his shoulder. Then finds out that he is a Christian and that doesn't surprise him?

I'm sure you have liked people for their sense of humor, their intelligence, their cooking, or the size of their feet. Religion is just another thing about someone that appeals to people.

Don't overanalyze.

GotZoom said:
No one said they did. People like people for different reasons.

If CP likes the guy...then finds out that he is a Christian, who is to say his Christianity doesn't solidify CP's like for him? Maybe CP saw/heard/read him other places and thought that he had a good head on his shoulder. Then finds out that he is a Christian and that doesn't surprise him?

I'm sure you have liked people for their sense of humor, their intelligence, their cooking, or the size of their feet. Religion is just another thing about someone that appeals to people.

Don't overanalyze.

Thanks for tryin' bro... but there's no reasoning with Impenetrable ignorance...

jillian said:

Actually... Cp said there was SOMETHING ABOUT Chris that he liked. Cp, as a Christian, likes it when other people are Christians. He may or may not actually like Chris at all.

But, it sounds like he does. :)

Or how about the fact that as a Christian, it's always a "Bonus" when you find out someone else you admire is also a Christian?

GOOD LORD I CAN'T BELIEVE WE EVEN HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS....

As I said..."Impenetrable ignorance"....

I like a musician if his/her music is good.

As far as liking someone for their religion, I doubt anyone likes anyone else solely for that, but it can definitely be a factor.

I try hard not to hold people's religion against them. There are a lot of fine people who belong to stupid religions. To me religion is like a hobby. Optional.

Forum List

Back