I knew the day would come, Republican who loves America

Having a voter ID law just reduces the voting population to those that can get a photo ID issued by the state which will make it's own rules for acquiring an ID.

Now, remind me again, how many of you trust the state.

It cost my mother 376.00 dollars to acquire her state ID after she had to stop driving.

Just to vote. She doesn't drive, or cash checks, or fly on airplanes.

GA has had voter ID requirements for a decade.

If you don't have a photo ID (like a driver's license), the state will issue you one FREE OF CHARGE.

You can go to any DMV or country registrar's office and get it. Zero cost to the voter.

There is no fianancial barrier associated with requiring voter ID.

What state are you in that requires voter ID, but doesn't have a program to issue free ones? This is pretty much SOP, and I believe it's one of the requirements the courts have to find the laws constitutional.

Are you sure you're right about that cost thing?

Having a voter ID law just reduces the voting population to those that can get a photo ID issued by the state which will make it's own rules for acquiring an ID.

Now, remind me again, how many of you trust the state.

It cost my mother 376.00 dollars to acquire her state ID after she had to stop driving.

Just to vote. She doesn't drive, or cash checks, or fly on airplanes.

Are you in New Jersey (I'm guessing snjmom is short for south new jersy mom). The ID requirements in New Jersey stretch the definition to meaningless. They include:

"Bank statement, Car registration, Government check or document, Non-photo driver’s license, Rent receipt, Sample ballot, Utility bill, or any other official document"

Your mom's electric bill would actually be considered a valid voter ID in NJ.

More than party Speaks out against what voter ID laws do.

'Most Restrictive' Voter ID Law In The Country Loses Support Of Republican Secretary Of State | TPMMuckraker

But Ohio's measure is so restrictive -- it requires the photo IDs to be issued by the state, so voters couldn't identify themselves with their full Social Security numbers -- that it lost the support of Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted.

"I want to be perfectly clear, when I began working with the General Assembly to improve Ohio's elections system it was never my intent to reject valid votes," Husted said in a short statement posted on his official website.

"I would rather have no bill than one with a rigid photo identification provision that does little to protect against fraud and excludes legally registered voters' ballots from counting," Husted said.

Yeah, Dems need illegals to vote so they have a chance to keep there power.

Where is your proof of such lies?

Forum List

Back