I keep hearing about Public Sector Employees...

Steel, my full time job here in my plush home office is to keep one eye on the other computer screen that's keeping track of various market activities, buy/sell orders, and stuff like that so that Mrs. blastoff and I can continue the lazy decadent lifestyle we're accustomed to. My other eye is dedicated to this screen which hops in and out of various message boards throughout the day where I thoroughly enjoy pointing out the silliness of liberal bozos and other sporting activity.

Had you not chosen to toil in the public sector perhaps you too could have made a pile in the private sector and transitioned early to a state of such decadence too. Now, get back to work before your
GS 10 or so boss catches you wasting the government's precious time.

GS 10? He probably works for a GS 7.

There's a difference between public sector employees and their unions. I worked along side many of them, and they were solid upstanding citizens. Frankly, I don't have that much of a problem with their unions either, I just think their pay, benefits, and pensions are too lavish compared to the private sector. And I think it's wrong for those unions to be contributing hundreds of millions to campaigns for the very same people who write the laws or decide what those compensation packages are going to be. And I also think the decision to belong to a union or pay dues oughta be a personal one that each employee should have the right to make on his own, without pressure from either management or union bosses.

I'm a piece of shit, public sector employee, on the internet and doing my job at the same time.

Part of my job is to my boss informed of what is going on politically.

I also help him reduce the amount of public sector employees working for our department.

Wow... you must be so proud. Putting people out of work. Well, I guess as long as it's not your job, you're golden.

I haven't put anyone out of work and my job is golden. I love it and am very good at it.

Florida is a right to work State. Nuff said.

Claudette, I wasn't referring to you in that reply... I was referring to Defiant1. I was referring to you when I asked "why do you vote for people that would put you out of a job" or something to that effect.

BTW, I love my job too. It's demanding and stressful, but on a personal level...it's very rewarding. I work with the developmentally disabled. I am a Direct Care staff person. I am very good at my job too. I care about the guys I work with like I do my own family.

My wife is an RN at the same place I work. I guess that's why I get really defensive when I hear about how Public Sector, Unionized workers are lazy, incompetent and worthless. I feel that Conservatives are trying to take my wife and I's livelihoods away...along with my co-workers'.

There's a difference between public sector employees and their unions. I worked along side many of them, and they were solid upstanding citizens. Frankly, I don't have that much of a problem with their unions either, I just think their pay, benefits, and pensions are too lavish compared to the private sector. And I think it's wrong for those unions to be contributing hundreds of millions to campaigns for the very same people who write the laws or decide what those compensation packages are going to be. And I also think the decision to belong to a union or pay dues oughta be a personal one that each employee should have the right to make on his own, without pressure from either management or union bosses.

You know what? I somewhat agree with you. As long as Big Corporations do the same. But there's no way in hell will I cede the idea that Unions shouldn't be allowed to lobby and "buy" politicians if it's OK for Corporations, Banking and other lobbying groups to do so.

Unions are the ONLY entity looking out for the working person.

Get the money out of Politics... ALL of it....Unions included...and I'm on the bus right next to you.

Steel, my full time job here in my plush home office is to keep one eye on the other computer screen that's keeping track of various market activities, buy/sell orders, and stuff like that so that Mrs. blastoff and I can continue the lazy decadent lifestyle we're accustomed to. My other eye is dedicated to this screen which hops in and out of various message boards throughout the day where I thoroughly enjoy pointing out the silliness of liberal bozos and other sporting activity.

Had you not chosen to toil in the public sector perhaps you too could have made a pile in the private sector and transitioned early to a state of such decadence too. Now, get back to work before your

GS 10? He probably works for a GS 7.

I've mentioned this before... but I will again. I work for the Commonwealth of PA. I am not Federal.

Well... be that as it may... I love the job I do. I am not complaining about my pay or benefits... the only thing I'm complaining about is those of you who want to take my job away from me, simply because I work for the State of Pennsylvania.

And the pieces of shit they are from you guys... but...

When I'm at work... I don't even get on the internet(yes, I have access). But it seems like a hell of a lot of you are on this board during the day. Congratulations...you are wasting your employers' money and being the exact same piece of shit you accuse us of.

Either that or you are all lying through your teeth and are out of work. Which doesn't bode well for the people who call others "Ticks on the ass of Society".

So... either get to fuckin' work and stop making the shit I buy more expensive because of your lollygagging, or get a fuckin' job!

Wouldn't those 'ticks on the ass of society' need to be collecting government handouts to have that criticism fairly leveled at them? After all, being out of work doesn't necessary mean you're living off another. I've been out of work in my lifetime but I've never collected unemployment or any entitlement for that matter.

Anyway, as an entrepreneur, I'll think about your silly accusations the next time I'm working on a project at midnight or having a 6am conference call with the east coast.

Lastly, I personally would never refer to a public sector worker as a "piece of shit". The meddling politician that unnecessarily created the unsustainable bureaucracy that employed that worker? Hell yes, he's a piece of shit.

Are you? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say the jury's still out. You're not off to a good start.

Thanks for your honesty... However, there are quite a few on here that consider people that work in the Public sector the equivalent of Welfare Recipients. I vehemently disagree with that stance.

As far as the Unsustainable Bureaucracies? yeah... I'm inclined to agree... however, the difference is that while most of the Conservatives on here want to employ a scorched Earth strategy of blowing up those bureaucracies...I think that there is a much less painful way to do it. It's called downsizing by attrition.

As people retire, you don't fill their positions. Combine that with a strategy to ease out of the areas where cuts are needed and programs that need done away with.

It doesn't have to be slash and burn. When Senator Manchin was the governor of West Virginia, he did just that and the state went from running yearly deficits to being in the black by the end of his time in office.

When I'm at work... I don't even get on the internet(yes, I have access). But it seems like a hell of a lot of you are on this board during the day. Congratulations...you are wasting your employers' money and being the exact same piece of shit you accuse us of.

Either that or you are all lying through your teeth and are out of work. Which doesn't bode well for the people who call others "Ticks on the ass of Society".

So... either get to fuckin' work and stop making the shit I buy more expensive because of your lollygagging, or get a fuckin' job!

Wouldn't those 'ticks on the ass of society' need to be collecting government handouts to have that criticism fairly leveled at them? After all, being out of work doesn't necessary mean you're living off another. I've been out of work in my lifetime but I've never collected unemployment or any entitlement for that matter.

Anyway, as an entrepreneur, I'll think about your silly accusations the next time I'm working on a project at midnight or having a 6am conference call with the east coast.

Lastly, I personally would never refer to a public sector worker as a "piece of shit". The meddling politician that unnecessarily created the unsustainable bureaucracy that employed that worker? Hell yes, he's a piece of shit.

Are you? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say the jury's still out. You're not off to a good start.

Thanks for your honesty... However, there are quite a few on here that consider people that work in the Public sector the equivalent of Welfare Recipients. I vehemently disagree with that stance.

As far as the Unsustainable Bureaucracies? yeah... I'm inclined to agree... however, the difference is that while most of the Conservatives on here want to employ a scorched Earth strategy of blowing up those bureaucracies...I think that there is a much less painful way to do it. It's called downsizing by attrition.

As people retire, you don't fill their positions. Combine that with a strategy to ease out of the areas where cuts are needed and programs that need done away with.

It doesn't have to be slash and burn. When Senator Manchin was the governor of West Virginia, he did just that and the state went from running yearly deficits to being in the black by the end of his time in office.

All very reasonable.

Who's 'you guys'?
You have no clue as to what I do for a living, nor as to who my RT friends work for.

Were you ever a waterman?

No... i don't know what you do for a living. what's a waterman?

Who's 'you guys'?
You have no clue as to what I do for a living, nor as to who my RT friends work for.

Were you ever a waterman?

No... i don't know what you do for a living. what's a waterman?

A person who earns their living off the water, as in a fisherman.
I asked because your posts are peppered with waterman language ;-)

If I'm wasting my employers money then that's between my employer and I. If you're wasting YOUR employers money then that is my business because it's my money, as a taxpayer. And you will never see me post here during working hours. Why don't I show you a couple facts about Govt employees:

Here's what happened to public vs private sector jobs during the worst economic downturn in decades:

special-private-vs-govt-job-losses1_lightbox.jpg

Here's what happened to wages:

6a00d8341c85c753ef0134806f58eb970c-350wi

No wonder there's a f***ing record deficit. I'm seriously pissed off.

Last edited:
If I'm wasting my employers money then that's between my employer and I. If you're wasting YOUR employers money then that is my business because it's my money, as a taxpayer. And you will never see me post here during working hours. Why don't I show you a couple facts about Govt employees:

Here's what happened to public vs private sector jobs during the worst economic downturn in decades:

Doesn't include unfunduded liabilities either.
Go Jerry Brown :eusa_shifty:

So, because of the corporate greed that caused this mess, you are mad at Public Sector employees? That hardly seems reasonable.

So, because of the corporate greed that caused this mess, you are mad at Public Sector employees? That hardly seems reasonable.

Yeah government policies and graft had nothing to do with the mess we're in.

Yeah... they did. Why do you keep voting for the people that made the mess? Well, for that matter.. why do I keep voting for the people that enabled the "other guys" to make the mess?

So in that sense, we are in agreement. Get the money out of politics! All of it.

Yeah... they did. Why do you keep voting for the people that made the mess? Well, for that matter.. why do I keep voting for the people that enabled the "other guys" to make the mess?

So in that sense, we are in agreement. Get the money out of politics! All of it.

Excuse me but you have no idea who i vote for.

I have voted third party whenever I could as i believe we should oust anyone who has been in an elected position for more than 5 years.

I only post before I go to work, and after.

But some of these folks are probably business owners, some of these folks probably post during their breaks.

But here's the thing. If they aren't producing, their bosses will get rid of them. That's the way it should work.

Wow... you must be so proud. Putting people out of work. Well, I guess as long as it's not your job, you're golden.

I haven't put anyone out of work and my job is golden. I love it and am very good at it.

Claudette, I wasn't referring to you in that reply... I was referring to Defiant1. I was referring to you when I asked "why do you vote for people that would put you out of a job" or something to that effect.

BTW, I love my job too. It's demanding and stressful, but on a personal level...it's very rewarding. I work with the developmentally disabled. I am a Direct Care staff person. I am very good at my job too. I care about the guys I work with like I do my own family.

My wife is an RN at the same place I work. I guess that's why I get really defensive when I hear about how Public Sector, Unionized workers are lazy, incompetent and worthless. I feel that Conservatives are trying to take my wife and I's livelihoods away...along with my co-workers'.

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to see theres others out there who really love what they do for a living.

Even you must admitt some of the unionized Public Sector workers make out like bandits. Pension and HC payed for and they want more and more. The taxpayers get hosed to pay for it. States are going broke paying for it.

Thats my beef with them.

Florida is a right to work state. I pay into my retirement and I also pay into my benefits package. Nothing is given for free. I have no problem paying my way. After all its my retirement and my benefits that I'm contributing to.

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to see theres others out there who really love what they do for a living.

Even you must admitt some of the unionized Public Sector workers make out like bandits. Pension and HC payed for and they want more and more. The taxpayers get hosed to pay for it. States are going broke paying for it.

Thats my beef with them.

Florida is a right to work state. I pay into my retirement and I also pay into my benefits package. Nothing is given for free. I have no problem paying my way. After all its my retirement and my benefits that I'm contributing to.

I pay into my retirement too and into our Health Care Trust fund. For retirement, I pay 6.2%(IIRC) of my gross and the state matches it. For our Health Care it's a matching game too.

As far as lazy workers, you can find them everywhere. ANY time you have a large number of employees, bad eggs slip through. I don't care if it's Public or Private Sector. I had a break in service from 2000-2003. I worked for a Private Sector IT firm that was under contract to one of the biggest Health Insurance Companies in the US(Highmark). There were a lot of screwoffs that were working for Highmark. Us guys that were contracted in busted our asses because we had a crew of 4 Techs, 1 Senior tech and one Project manager. We couldn't get away with shit...but then we really didn't try to either. We had a good, solid crew that took pride in the quantity and quality of our work.

I liked that job too... but I missed the people at the institution where I work now. Working with the DD, I figured out...is my calling. I am a good PC/Network Technician... I can do pretty much anything on the PC end, and if I reacquainted myself with the Networking end I am competent in that too... But making a difference in the lives of people who have so little going for them, to me... is what life is all about. I feel I'm blessed.

Bump.... Guess none of you "personal Responsibility" people are into talking about this.

Well I am a developer of a business that AS we speak I'm watching an average of 8,000 inquiries a day are sent to find out if my customers will be paid.

These customers pay ME to use a service I conceived and for which I am paid as the owner a comfortable income.

SO I am one of those that HAVE a right to complain about Public Sector UNION workers that take off to protest their paying their share of pension/etc.
I am one of those that complain on their behalf their RIGHT to choose if their paycheck will have a due deducted from an organization they have the right to choose.
Right now 28 states force their public employees to spend their dues to their unions that in turn send 90% donations to the Democrats!
So tell me if that is "FAIR"???

State employees have to join and have their dues deducted and when the Union leaders after taking an average of $400,000 a year in salaries/benefits.. send to the Democrats $70 million and less then a million to GOP!!

Is THAT FAIR???

Forum List

Back