I just watched a powerful & disturbing documentary... "The Cove"

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
I found it on Netflix and thought I would check it out...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRD8e20fBo]YouTube - The Cove Trailer[/ame]

It was much more disturbing and powerful than I had imagined it would be...

To sum it up, there is this cove in Japan that is heavily guarded by the govt. where they force tens of thousands of dolphins into and then savagely slaughter them and their young.

The activists are violently confronted by the men who slaughter the dolphins when they attempt to capture video footage of the killing.

They end up forming a covert team to set up hidden cameras disguised as rocks which they sneak out into the cove in the dead of night which is successfully able to capture HD quality footage of the violent massacre.

The meat is then packaged and labeled as other types of meat so that the general populace is none the wiser.

To top it off, not only is there a massive media blackout orchestrated by the govt. to keep knowledge of this hidden, the dolphin meat is inundated with extremely toxic levels of neuron destroying Mercury.

WATCH FROM 14:20-15:39 IN THE CLIP BELOW TO WATCH THE HIDDEN CAMERA FOOTAGE THEY WERE ABLE TO SMUGGLE OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBxUQHtVkg]YouTube - The Cove Extended Clip - Japan[/ame]

The documentary also covers how the IWC has become completely corrupt with Japan doing everything it can to eliminate the international ban on whaling moratorium.

Japan has been buying votes at the IWC via bribing small island nations that are broke and desperate for cash flow.

I HIGHLY recommend that you check out this documentary, it is an extremely disturbing experience.

The Secret Is Out, Spread the Word!

The Cove exposes the slaughter of more than 20,000 dolphins and porpoises off the coast of Japan every year, and how their meat, containing toxic levels of mercury, is being sold as food in Japan and other parts of Asia, often labeled as whale meat. The majority of the world is not aware this is happening. The focus of the Social Action Campaign for The Cove is to create worldwide awareness of this annual practice as well as the dangers of eating seafood contaminated with mercury and to pressure those in power to put an end to the slaughter.

And it’s been working. The film has been making waves since it premiered last year. Critical praise and audience awards worldwide have focused international attention on Taiji and the annual dolphin drives off the coast of Japan. Under intense pressure, Taiji called for a temporary ban on killing bottlenose dolphins. The film, which was originally rejected, was shown at the Tokyo Film Festival due to public outcry. Residents in Taiji are being tested for mercury poisoning, and for the first time Japanese media are covering the issue.

Close to a million people have signed on to the campaign, but this is just the beginning. The fisherman are clearly rattled, but haven’t stopped killing dolphins.

TakePart now to help shut down the cove for good!
The Cove | TakePart Social Action Network: Important Issues, Activism, Environmental, Human Rights, Political News

Forum List

Back