I just spent $90 on a...

....stick.. Tis called a "Harry Lauders Walking Stick", looks like a mess of chinese noodles, but looks really cool.

Hopefully even I can keep it alive, since it apparently needs practically no care, and thrives in frozen tundra temperatures. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

that is a very nice one..they are grafted....they supposely will live with little care...keep us posted...i would like to buy several
I bought one for $10 at a garden center in the fall. It survived nicely in a container till I left it out too long in the cold weather. It's dead now but it doesn't look much different that when it was alive. :lol:

If it died in the cold, it was something else - they are hardiest during the winter months.

that is a very nice one..they are grafted....they supposely will live with little care...keep us posted...i would like to buy several
I bought one for $10 at a garden center in the fall. It survived nicely in a container till I left it out too long in the cold weather. It's dead now but it doesn't look much different that when it was alive. :lol:

If it died in the cold, it was something else - they are hardiest during the winter months.

You missed the part where I said it was outside in a container. It froze solid.

....stick.. Tis called a "Harry Lauders Walking Stick", looks like a mess of chinese noodles, but looks really cool.

Hopefully even I can keep it alive, since it apparently needs practically no care, and thrives in frozen tundra temperatures. :eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Wow... that's crazy looking. Looks more like something you'd see growing down in the desert south west, or like it belongs in a Harry Potter movie... :tongue:

It's got to be a pretty hardy plant to thrive in winters like ours.
They are cool looking in the snow when you can see the contorted branches against the white background.

Wow... that's crazy looking. Looks more like something you'd see growing down in the desert south west, or like it belongs in a Harry Potter movie... :tongue:

It's got to be a pretty hardy plant to thrive in winters like ours.

So far so good. It's got lots of leafy bits now... Now, we're supposed to get frost tonight (figures). We'll see how grouchy it is by Tuesday/.

I'm going to go buy the necessary items to live in my back yard from now until September. I need a new grill.

Who knows.. Maybe they'll have more stuff I can't kill. I saw a cactus with pretty pink flowers...:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back