I just saw a preview for a movie called ZERO DARK THIRTY

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It's apparently about the ops mission to get OBL. Comes out in December and the preview looked interesting.

Is this the movie that caused the uproar about Obama granting access to film producers when he said he wouldn't spike the football?

• Banned
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFhFYoDAo4&feature=youtube_gdata_player]ZERO DARK THIRTY - Official Trailer - In Theaters 12/19 - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
It's apparently about the ops mission to get OBL. Comes out in December and the preview looked interesting.

Is this the movie that caused the uproar about Obama granting access to film producers when he said he wouldn't spike the football?

Yuppers. That's the one.

Based on what I saw this may be hard for the left to swallow. It had audio that clearly indicated that some type of enhanced interrogation (torture) as part of the story.

Obama can do no wrong as long as you put "it's Bush's fault" in front of it.

True but they've denied that it played a roll at all.

You're breaking my heart here Grampa :eusa_angel: I had a huge thread on Obama and the administration getting busted on this issue with the release of the emails.

How did you miss it?

:D

Here's a good link to actually read the emails. The ones from the CIA being enthralled at getting free premiere tickets blew me away.

We’re so excited': Secret emails reveal how Obama backed bin Laden film to help win reelection

Oscar winners Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal got access to classified information to help make 'Zero Dark Thirty'
White House reminded filmmakers it wanted to 'have visibility' in the film so it could bask in the glory of bin Laden's death
Film was originally set to premier before the election, though Sony pushed back release date amid controversy

Zero Dark Thirty: Secret emails reveal how Obama backed bin Laden film to help win reelection | Mail Online

Here's the email that flipped me.

n one email a senior CIA official boasted: 'I can’t tell you how excited we all are about the project' -- and apparently vows to keep quiet about free tickets to the premiere.

The White House got in on the act as well, making it explicit it wanted to 'have visibility' so it could bask in the glory.

'Zero Dark Thirty' at the top o' the box office...
:clap2:
'Zero Dark Thirty' captures No. 1 at box office
Jan 13,`13 -- "Zero Dark Thirty" hunted down the top spot at the box office - and easily won it.
Sony Pictures' controversial Osama bin Laden raid drama nabbed first place with $24 million in its first weekend in wide release, according to studio estimates Sunday. The film, which opened in a limited run last month, earned five Oscar nominations last week, including best picture, original screenplay and actress for Jessica Chastain as a dogged CIA operative. Open Road Films' horror parody "A Haunted House" starring Marlon Wayans debuted in second place with a solid $18.8 million. The Warner Bros. mobster drama "Gangster Squad," starring Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling as off-the-books police officers battling a mob boss played by Sean Penn, opened below expectations in third place with $16.7 million.

After earning Oscar nominations last week, several Academy Awards contenders benefited at the box office. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences moved up the unveiling of the Oscar nominations to Thursday, three days ahead of Sunday's Golden Globes, Hollywood's second-biggest awards ceremony organized by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. "The timing is great because there are a host of these awards contenders still out there," said Paul Dergarabedian, box office analyst at Hollywood.com. "`Django Unchained,' `Les Miserables,' `Lincoln,' `Silver Linings Playbook' and a few others are still out there. Which movies win tonight at the Golden Globes will definitely receive a boost going forward." At the Golden Globes, "Zero Dark Thirty" will be up against "Argo," "Django Unchained," "Life of Pi" and "Lincoln" in the best motion picture drama category. It's also competing against those films for the best picture prize at the Oscars ceremony on Feb. 24, as well as "Amour," "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Les Miserables" and "Silver Linings Playbook."

Controversies surrounding "Zero Dark Thirty," which depicts waterboarding and other harsh interrogation methods, may have helped create buzz for the film. Several lawmakers accused the CIA of misleading "Zero Dark Thirty" filmmakers by allegedly telling them such interrogation methods helped track down terrorist mastermind bin Laden in 2011. "There are so many facets of `Zero Dark Thirty' that have created interest in it," said Rory Bruer, head of distribution at Sony. "Ultimately, it's a great film. That's the piece that you really need to have to get this great of a result. I think it's a film that's not only going to do well in the marketplace but also be talked about for years to come."

The weekend's third place finisher, "Gangster Squad," similarly attracted controversy last year after the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater left 12 dead. Warner Bros. pulled the movie's trailer and delayed the release out of sensitivity because the film originally featured a scene with mobsters ruthlessly shooting into a movie theater audience. The entire sequence featuring Brolin's character being ambushed inside famed Hollywood movie palace Grauman's Chinese Theater was removed from "Gangster Squad" and replaced with a new scene, which cost millions of dollars to reshoot, set in Los Angeles' Chinatown neighborhood. The rest of the film's many bullet-ridden Tommy gun battles remained intact.

MORE

That would be YES

Based on what I saw this may be hard for the left to swallow. It had audio that clearly indicated that some type of enhanced interrogation (torture) as part of the story.

.....And, it was BULLSHIT.....still......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ivoWW1-4U]The interrogator, Pt. 1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0iaNMRjkno]The interrogator, Pt. 2 - YouTube[/ame]

perfgop.jpg

'Zero Dark Thirty' at the top o' the box office...
:clap2:
'Zero Dark Thirty' captures No. 1 at box office
Jan 13,`13 -- "Zero Dark Thirty" hunted down the top spot at the box office - and easily won it.

....Cause', when it comes to swallowing "conservative"-horseshit....

That would be YES

I watched it last night. Really good movie. Enhanced interrogation was definitely a big part of the story; but it's neither pro nor anti-torture with its message. It simply lays out the facts as much as they are known. What you get out of it is entirely up to you.

You're breaking my heart here Grampa :eusa_angel: I had a huge thread on Obama and the administration getting busted on this issue with the release of the emails.

Yeah, that theory would make more sense had the movie been released BEFORE the election.

How did you like it (after you've finished watching it)?

How did you like it (after you've finished watching it)?

Well so far I'm a bit disturbed. The gorgeous brunette got blown up while the redhead was trying to facebook.

Seriously tho, the movie as a pirated copy I'm sure, while clear is terribly laggy.

As to the "torture" I have no problems with it.

Is it a cam recording? I can't watch those. You'd be better off finding a screener.

Forum List

Back