i just put in 19 hours straight at work.

no, it's called drive, character, ambition.

Worker's that work 40 hours per week don't have 'drive, character, or ambition?'

What is the job you speak of?

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A industrial maintenance guy?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

Dude you don't have a damn clue about blue collar workers

I have over 500 workers that are considered 'blue collar.' Most work 4-10's, and a few 5-8's.

Ok I will bite do you think they are all equal in skills?

This will be interesting to me, do you think your second shift employees are as good as your first shift?

I still don't have a clue what you own..

So do you think your first shift guys can just clock out at 3pm and turn over the wrench so to speak to second shift?

He claims to own a company where he pays is employees over double the wage standard in his industry, the janitors make over $75k a year, no one works overtime and his product is cheaper and better than his competition. If I remember correctly the number of employees fluctuates quite a bit. I have caught him in many lies.

Last edited:
I suppose it'll take only 40 hrs or so to fix the screw ups induced by fatigue.

Let me guess you never worked more then 8 hours in your life?..a guy like me gets a second wind after 12 hours straight and more mentally sharp then you with only an hour on the job.

Unless you're working four-ten hour days, there should be no reason to work more than 8 hours per day.

You truly don't get it, do you?

Don't come apply at my office, okay?

Why would I apply at your office?

Because you want to work in a company that has a proven track record of success, rapid growth and very rich employees.

Why would I want to work when I own?

I just figured it out. You're a union boss!
You not seeing the problem IS the problem. Your employer must call you 'sucker.'

I'm a responsible employer.

Actually, you're full of BS --- if you are a "responsible employer", then you're a one man company. If not, you're on the fast path to bankruptcy.

A responsible employer (such as myself) know the answer to the question; How much should the people that make you all of your money be paid?

Worker's that work 40 hours per week don't have 'drive, character, or ambition?'

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

I have over 500 workers that are considered 'blue collar.' Most work 4-10's, and a few 5-8's.

Disregard ... the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking. The balloon just popped.

How can a person that doesn't know the truth (you) know that the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking?

Actually, it's simple. I have watched your posts and, frankly, what you know about business would fit in a coffee cup. Views you supposedly adhere to are fiscal and managerial suicide. In fact, you have clearly demonstrated that you've never held a position of fiscal authority, nor have you ever been responsible for business decisions.

Instead, you hyperbolize and spout the liberal union mantra without even the slightest of idea of the impact of your proposals.

How do I know? Easy --- I've been in business for over 40 years, and I've made just about every mistake that can be made. I've built companies, I've bought companies, and I've sold companies. Believe me, I recognize a neophyte when I see one. And, the only thing worse than a neophyte is one who won't admit his ignorance. And, son, you qualify ....

Except you can't refute any of my posts.

I just figured it out. You're a union boss!

Actually, you're full of BS --- if you are a "responsible employer", then you're a one man company. If not, you're on the fast path to bankruptcy.

A responsible employer (such as myself) know the answer to the question; How much should the people that make you all of your money be paid?

A teacher?

A doctor?

A cop?

A fireman?

A pipe fitter?

A production worker?

A mill Wright?

A pencil pusher?

Disregard ... the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking. The balloon just popped.

How can a person that doesn't know the truth (you) know that the truth has been stretched to the point of breaking?

Actually, it's simple. I have watched your posts and, frankly, what you know about business would fit in a coffee cup. Views you supposedly adhere to are fiscal and managerial suicide. In fact, you have clearly demonstrated that you've never held a position of fiscal authority, nor have you ever been responsible for business decisions.

Instead, you hyperbolize and spout the liberal union mantra without even the slightest of idea of the impact of your proposals.

How do I know? Easy --- I've been in business for over 40 years, and I've made just about every mistake that can be made. I've built companies, I've bought companies, and I've sold companies. Believe me, I recognize a neophyte when I see one. And, the only thing worse than a neophyte is one who won't admit his ignorance. And, son, you qualify ....

Actually, I can and did .... I can think of nothing more to say other than you're a damn liar.

In the military, it's not unusual to work 24 or 36 hours straight, or even more.

The only time that sticks in my mind was a 24 hour stint getting a flare nozzle out the door.
Everyday the plant was down it was a million dollars gone.
To say it was a cost plus job would be an understatement.
Of course the best day was when I reached a point where I wanted as few hours as possible.
I had em down to 24 hours a week before they finally told me that was as low as they'd go.....retired shortly after.

Actually, I can and did .... I can think of nothing more to say other than you're a damn liar.

No, you've bloviated an opinion.

You can 'say' anything you want, proving what you say is what you haven't accomplished.

16 hours today, yesterday I just worked 8 hours and the day before just 6 hours..

I love irritating the two New maintenance guys they came from primarily the construction trade, they can't seem to figure out this is a 24/7/365 day job.you fix the shit that's broken and then you can fuck off.

They are getting themselves in trouble by thinking everything can wait till tomorrow and get upset when the shit has to be fixed now and can not comprehend why us other maintenance guys are getting special treatment by management.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.”

Your turning it to first person is very telling.

Did you ever tell us what type of company you owned? I forgot drinking a beer sitting on my dock, wondering what time I feel like going to work in the am , it's 2 am down here and so many stars ..so quiet and peaceful.

Damn we are finally ramping up for production. My last two weeks of pay checks: one was for 65 hours and the last one was for 72 hours.

What is the longest straight hours you ever worked?

I think my record was around 52 hours ...about 25 years ago.
I worked about 18 to 20 hours a day, seven days a week, for months on end in the military. I learned to catnap sitting up, 20 minutes at a time.

My personal record is 4 days. But that wasn't working. That was drinking. :D

Damn we are finally ramping up for production. My last two weeks of pay checks: one was for 65 hours and the last one was for 72 hours.

I think my record was around 52 hours ...about 25 years ago.

do you mean continuous hours

or hours in a week

Forum List

Back