I just paid $80 for the Government to give me the right to carry my own Handgun

Isn't that nice of them?

$20 Certificate of Training fee.
$60 License fee.

It was just a renewal, so it wasn't as expensive.

Concealed Handgun Carry License Renewal Application Form

So you don't think people who own guns need to be trained to use them? Or pay a renewal fee, like we do on insurance? Don't you think your gun is a kind of insurance? Aren't you willing to pay for that?

Of course people who own guns should be trained to use them. My dad taught me how to use a gun when I was 5 years old. The government is just doing this to make extra revenue and to track law-abiding citizens who own a gun. It's yet another attack on our 2nd Amendment rights.

It just doesn't seem right does it?

I'm thinking about going to an Obama event and asking him for a new gun. I'll just jump up and down, act like a lunatic and tell him I love him. That should do it.

I don't think that you have to act.

I give you a rep today and now you insult me. You libtards just can't stop hating. No wonder people call you intolerant and hateful.

Isn't that nice of them?

$20 Certificate of Training fee.
$60 License fee.

It was just a renewal, so it wasn't as expensive.

Concealed Handgun Carry License Renewal Application Form

So you don't think people who own guns need to be trained to use them? Or pay a renewal fee, like we do on insurance? Don't you think your gun is a kind of insurance? Aren't you willing to pay for that?

Of course people who own guns should be trained to use them. My dad taught me how to use a gun when I was 5 years old. The government is just doing this to make extra revenue and to track law-abiding citizens who own a gun. It's yet another attack on our 2nd Amendment rights.

And if you are law abiding, why would you be worried about being tracked? You do know we are all tracked one way or the other, gun owners or not.

I hope it also is to track those who aren't law abiding, aren't you?

And if you are law abiding, why would you be worried about being tracked? You do know we are all tracked one way or the other, gun owners or not.

Oh my. That's a horrible thing to say. I'm guessing you supported the Patriot Act. Those people always love to say, "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." Sorry, but Big Brother is dangerous and I don't want my civil liberties trampled. The Founders of this country had a distrust of government and so do I. Call me an extremist, but I like freedom.

Oh my. That's a horrible thing to say. I'm guessing you supported the Patriot Act. Those people always love to say, "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." Sorry, but Big Brother is dangerous and I don't want my civil liberties trampled. The Founders of this country had a distrust of government and so do I. Call me an extremist, but I like freedom.

We all like freedom. But tell me, when have we ever been really free?

You don't like the government, but you live in America, home of the biggest government there is.

Also, don't make assumptions of what I do and don't support because I'm trying to have some dialogue with you about this. I expect better from you.

We all like freedom. But tell me, when have we ever been really free?

You don't like the government, but you live in America, home of the biggest government there is.

Also, don't make assumptions of what I do and don't support because I'm trying to have some dialogue with you about this. I expect better from you.

We were free until around 1913. After that, the government started taking more control over our lives. FDR was one of the most powerful Orwellian's the US ever had. It's been going downhill ever since.

America has a big government and it's getting bigger all the time. However, it's certainly not the biggest in terms of restricting our freedoms. We are still somewhat free, but of course the government is taking more and more control of our lives all the time.

Assumptions? People justified the Patriot Act by saying that if you aren't doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about. It's exactly the same thing you said. It's the same line of reasoning. It's just another way for the government to take more control of our lives. I am not ready to just give up and say that we have never really been free and I shouldn't worry about the government if I'm not doing anything wrong. That's just not me. Sorry, but I want the United States to be the land of freedom and liberty. I realize I'm fighting a losing battle, but I'll never stop fighting.

So, are you assuming that those that are not law abiding will some how follow the one law that requires them to register their gun?

It's important to see the bigger picture:

$gun-control.jpg

View attachment 6841

See, this is what I don't get.

I never said one thing about wanting guns to be outlawed. I support the second amendment, yet again, there you go with your assumptions!

I support the governments right to have a person be trained to use a gun, and to be registered to have one. I don't get why you don't.

View attachment 6841

I never said one thing about wanting guns to be outlawed. I support the second amendment, yet again, there you go with your assumptions!

I support the governments right to have a person be trained to use a gun, and to be registered to have one. I don't get why you don't.

Should the government ever decide to take away our guns they will know exactly who has them and where to find them.

View attachment 6841

Should the government ever decide to take away our guns they will know exactly who has them and where to find them.

So you don't think guns should be registered either?

I know I'm going to take some heat for this from some, but I'm not convinced that this is a Second Amendment issue. I think the Second Amendment was meant to ensure the presence of military style long guns in private homes, not handguns in public.

There is some evidence to suggest that hand guns in the possession of law-abiding citizens can raise the level of public safety, but I'm just not sure that concealed carry is a Constitutional right. Let the flaming begin :lol:

Forum List

Back