I Just Joined the NRA

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
I have put this off for years. I finally did it online about 10 minutes ago. 60 bucks for a two-year membership. I figure with Obama in office and the Democrats on the verge of taking the Senate, it's about time.

I probably have fewer guns (one Glock, one .22) than 99 percent of the NRA membership, but it's time. The NRA is one of the few effective political causes on the right going.

Damm another racist let in the NRA. You racists are going to give gun owners a bad reputation.

Most white men todaystock up on guns and ammo as a way of DENYING their racial feelings. The beautiful thing is when this activity COMPLEMENTS racial feelings!

I'd say the racist is the person who prevents inner city (usually black) men from defending themselves with arms against criminals and gangs rather than the person that advocates for a means of their defense.

Remember, government aims to keep guns only in the hands of criminals and government... law abiding citizen be damned!

Most white men todaystock up on guns and ammo as a way of DENYING their racial feelings. The beautiful thing is when this activity COMPLEMENTS racial feelings!

That's a ridiculous assertion. Only racist stock up on ammo over racial feeling. The rest are stocking up out of fear of an out of control government. It's absurd.

I think the NRA cause is just; however, they use the same fearmongering tactics as the gun contol idiots and inundate your mailbox with pleas for more contributions for this or that as you will soon see. For that reason alone I let my membership lapse.

I'd say the racist is the person who prevents inner city (usually black) men from defending themselves with arms against criminals and gangs rather than the person that advocates for a means of their defense.

Remember, government aims to keep guns only in the hands of criminals and government... law abiding citizen be damned!

Gun control is not an issue of race. It's an issue of control.

I don't own any guns. I would if I had a daughter though. I'd be polishing them on my front porch when some young punk came to pick up my daughter for a date. I wouldn't own any bullets. I'd just be doing it for effect to scare the little bastard!

That's a ridiculous assertion. Only racist stock up on ammo over racial feeling. The rest are stocking up out of fear of an out of control government. It's absurd.

I think the NRA cause is just; however, they use the same fearmongering tactics as the gun contol idiots and inundate your mailbox with pleas for more contributions for this or that as you will soon see. For that reason alone I let my membership lapse.

The NRA (I have a lifetime membership myself and no I have not made donations to them) does do a lot of fundraising but they put it to good use. They are constantly involved in legal battles across the country in support of 2nd amendment rights and opposing bullshit legislation which costs quite a bit. They are also a vocal and active organization with proven weight behind it when it comes to speaking with government officials and trying to talk some sense into them. That combined with other things such as gun safety and education programs, member events, an excellent magazine, and the many other things they keep on their plate the small membership fees are well worth it imho.

I agree that solicitations for donations (from anyone) can be annoying but at least the NRA is active and does what they say they will, I have never once seen them act contrary to their espoused values. If I were to donate to a non-charity they would be near the top of my list. What I find offensive are the constant solicitations from politicians during election season. Donating money to someone so they can get elected and then take more from you later is one hell of a racket.

I don't own any guns. I would if I had a daughter though. I'd be polishing them on my front porch when some young punk came to pick up my daughter for a date. I wouldn't own any bullets. I'd just be doing it for effect to scare the little bastard!

I own a gun.

Supersoaker 2000.

I have plenty of ammo.

The NRA (I have a lifetime membership myself and no I have not made donations to them) does do a lot of fundraising but they put it to good use. They are constantly involved in legal battles across the country in support of 2nd amendment rights and opposing bullshit legislation which costs quite a bit. They are also a vocal and active organization with proven weight behind it when it comes to speaking with government officials and trying to talk some sense into them. That combined with other things such as gun safety and education programs, member events, an excellent magazine, and the many other things they keep on their plate the small membership fees are well worth it imho.

I agree that solicitations for donations (from anyone) can be annoying but at least the NRA is active and does what they say they will, I have never once seen them act contrary to their espoused values. If I were to donate to a non-charity they would be near the top of my list. What I find offensive are the constant solicitations from politicians during election season. Donating money to someone so they can get elected and then take more from you later is one hell of a racket.

Sure, it's a name your poison thing. I don't like ANY junkmail but I found the NRA particularly annoying. Take my $30. a year and shut up. You should be able to opt off the junkmailing list. If that was a choice, I'd probably still be a member.

That may not be their motive, but does seem, in part at least, to be how it works out.

Sure, it's a name your poison thing. I don't like ANY junkmail but I found the NRA particularly annoying. Take my $30. a year and shut up. You should be able to opt off the junkmailing list. If that was a choice, I'd probably still be a member.

My favorite solicitations we get are from the Multiple Sclerosis foundations asking for donations to help MS patients. My wife was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago, luckily she doesn't have the crippling primary-progressive variety. The irony of them asking us for cash never ceases to amuse me.:lol:

I have to admit while I am not anti gun and loved hunting and shooting young, the issue just sounds too silly from all points of view. I am pro some sort of control as there are just too many airheads in this world and too many situations where the air speaks louder than the brain.

come to bed honey
i'll only be a little while
but you've been cleaning those guns all evening
they keep us safe dear
but it's cold up here
come to bed
be up in a bit
- ladder appears at window
- wife looks up surprised
- masked man puts his finger to lips
my husband is downstairs and armed
is he coming up soon
nah cleaning his guns
you look lonely
i am
- they talk
- ruffling sheets
honey what's all that noise up there
nothing dear you clean your guns
- quiet
dear i'm coming to bed now
- muffled reply
- sotto voce
oh she's sleeping so content
- thinks to himself isn't it nice being secure
hugs his gun close
- scene fades

...load of shit. At least if you're gonna bother, try a little harder in your craftsmanship.

I'm all for the NRA, I'm a staunch gun supporter, but, please, don't help us, you can sit this one out, buddy.

You just totally negated any value your first post might've had.

And a friend of mine just let his membership lapse for the same reason Gunny used.

I have to admit while I am not anti gun and loved hunting and shooting young, the issue just sounds too silly from all points of view. I am pro some sort of control as there are just too many airheads in this world and too many situations where the air speaks louder than the brain.

come to bed honey
i'll only be a little while
but you've been cleaning those guns all evening
they keep us safe dear
but it's cold up here
come to bed
be up in a bit
- ladder appears at window
- wife looks up surprised
- masked man puts his finger to lips
my husband is downstairs and armed
is he coming up soon
nah cleaning his guns
you look lonely
i am
- they talk
- ruffling sheets
honey what's all that noise up there
nothing dear you clean your guns
- quiet
dear i'm coming to bed now
- muffled reply
- sotto voce
oh she's sleeping so content
- thinks to himself isn't it nice being secure
hugs his gun close
- scene fades

Is that what is going on upstairs at night while I'm still working and posting on USMB??? :eek:

Gonna do this, you have to make sure you know what you're doing with them, though.

Had an old man pull this routine on me when I was in high school. We never really saw eye-to-eye after I fixed the front sight on his .357 for him.

I think guns make the best heirlooms. That being said, I will never join the NRA until it becomes more than the second amendment branch of the republican party. While I do wish dems gave as much broad interpretation of the 2nd as they do the 1st I am not interested in providing vicarious support for the GOP.

I have put this off for years. I finally did it online about 10 minutes ago. 60 bucks for a two-year membership. I figure with Obama in office and the Democrats on the verge of taking the Senate, it's about time.

I probably have fewer guns (one Glock, one .22) than 99 percent of the NRA membership, but it's time. The NRA is one of the few effective political causes on the right going.

Good for you. You have now joined the ranks of the "potential terrorists." Don't be surprised if you get a visit from the FBI. Oh, when they come, they plan on taking you on atour of their facilities, and you will even have a room of your own. At least until they have time to get to your case and maybe decide if you need to be shot or hanged. DHS (Homeland Security) has mad sure that you can easily be identified, and like the Partiot Act, you will have no rights. Good luck. I won't join the NRA, because I really don't have any weapons, but I do like them.

My weapons are of a different kind, and they do no physical damage. The Armor of God is made for the Spirtual battles, and that is where I choose to fight.

The NRA makes it easier for criminals to get guns.

It's a public service.

Forum List

Back