I just have to say I love our National Anthem.

I count four, what is the other one??

Best National Anthem in the world is the Welsh one, followed by the Scots, then the US. NZ one sucks. Not only is it dreary, but mentions the G word (God Defend NZ). Sounds better when sung in Maori, but still sux nevertheless!

Welsh anthem
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0dIM6m5vws&feature=related[/ame]

I didn't want to put this in the flame zone and GD is for non-political stuff.

I'm sorry but I must I love the star spangled banner. And I mean the whole thing, not just the first verse. It just so greatly describes our country and I get pissed off to all hell when people try an screw it up (our nation that is). Honestly, not lying, I tear up whenever I hear the whole thing sung in full. Americas reputation has been sullied, our nations leaders have dragged it through the mud and we've got to bring ourselves back to the top. We are the great experiment as far as nations are concerned. We have held through all the tough stuff and we shouldn't fall now.

Sorry just thought I'd say that.

A great start would be not letting the corporate media pick our candidates for us.

Possibly. You seem to be putting the responsibility on the media. I'm putting it on the people...:cool:

Not at all. I said "we" need to stop LETTING the media pick the candidates for us. They report the candidates they want the most, but that doesn't mean we have to listen to them.

This all said though, and considering you agree with me, what candidate(s) have YOU been looking at that are not mainstream media candidates?

Five-ah-ah-ah!

I count FIVE misspelled words!

sesame_street_count_dracula.jpg

:bowdown:

I caught the two at a glance. You are correct however. There are 5.

I count four, what is the other one??

Best National Anthem in the world is the Welsh one, followed by the Scots, then the US. NZ one sucks. Not only is it dreary, but mentions the G word (God Defend NZ). Sounds better when sung in Maori, but still sux nevertheless!

Welsh anthem
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0dIM6m5vws&feature=related

A fine song indeed, a fine song. My ancestors on my father's side are from the border country, came over with William I and nicked the best land up there and settled.

Anthems - I like La Marsellaise because if you're going to have a martial anthem then it must be suitably bloodthirsty.

Other than that the anthem of the Soviet Union, sung by the Red Army Choir.

Forum List

Back