I just got some good news...

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
I don't know how many here know, but I am currently Master of a Masonic Lodge. The Freemasons are a Charitable Fraternity, don't assume that the conspiracy theories are true.

Anyway...

We have a Scholarship that is given by the Grand Lodge, the Lodges basically compete by finding worthy recipients that apply for the scholarship and send their information to the Grand Lodge. They give about 10 Total Scholarships and many partial scholarships, usually there are thousands of applicants each year for them to work through.

Well last year our lodge had one of the recipients, it is almost unheard of to have it twice in a year come from the same lodge.

Today I found out that for the 2nd year in a row we have another full Scholarship to give out! Not only that but we also have 2 of the partial scholarships. This is particularly amazing because this year we only had three applicants come through our lodge at all.

This young girl has a disabled brother that she helps to care for, she works and goes to school and still manages to get a 3.9 GPA. She is a pretty amazing young gal. I called and informed her parents who are preparing a surprise for her when she gets home and after she calls me to get the news.

I had to tell somebody, I am ready to burst and my family still ain't home.

:thewave:

no1tovote4 said:
I don't know how many here know, but I am currently Master of a Masonic Lodge. The Freemasons are a Charitable Fraternity, don't assume that the conspiracy theories are true.

Anyway...

We have a Scholarship that is given by the Grand Lodge, the Lodges basically compete by finding worthy recipients that apply for the scholarship and send their information to the Grand Lodge. They give about 10 Total Scholarships and many partial scholarships, usually there are thousands of applicants each year for them to work through.

Well last year our lodge had one of the recipients, it is almost unheard of to have it twice in a year come from the same lodge.

Today I found out that for the 2nd year in a row we have another full Scholarship to give out! Not only that but we also have 2 of the partial scholarships. This is particularly amazing because this year we only had three applicants come through our lodge at all.

This young girl has a disabled brother that she helps to care for, she works and goes to school and still manages to get a 3.9 GPA. She is a pretty amazing young gal. I called and informed her parents who are preparing a surprise for her when she gets home and after she calls me to get the news.

DAMN GREAT JOB

you should be proud of this charitable work !!!! :thewave:

no1tovote4 said:

Anyway...

I am so happy for her! This is for college, correct? There are so many good kids, you wouldn't believe what many kids do for the communities and families.

You are to be commended also for your service! Excellent work!

Kathianne said:
I am so happy for her! This is for college, correct? There are so many good kids, you wouldn't believe what many kids do for the communities and families.

You are to be commended also for your service! Excellent work!

Yup College. They have to go to an in-state public college to receive our scholarships.

This particular one is up to $7,000 per year renewable for four years for a total of up to $28,000.

Thanks for the props! :)

Forum List

Back