I Just Got My DADT Brief

I noticed that the policy is currently in limbo.

Obama is waiting on the Generals to make recommendations and THEN he will schedule a date for implimentation.

Not a true characterization, DADT is still the law, it was repealed by an act of Congress pursuant to Article I Section 8 of the United States Constitution, the repeal called that upon certification by the President, The Secretary of Defense, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff final repeal and modification of the United States Code would be effective 60 days later.

There is no "policy" in limbo, there are definitive benchmarks (certification) and a time line established to change the law.

1. The law calls for no certifications by "Generals", the Chairman of JCS is an Admiral and there is only one.

2. The other certification is by SecDef and then the President signs it off.

>>>>

Whether it has to do with hookers, contraband, war souvenirs, local restaurants, snakes, stray dogs, drinking fountains, local bars, OPLANS, PCS orders, SOPs, weapons, ammo, OPSEC, the commander's wife.....the military has a briefing for EVERYTHING: "don't touch it, don't pick it up, don't look at it, don't talk about it, don't bring it to the barracks, don't take it home, don't leave it behind, don't forget it, don't drink it, don't eat it, don't ride it, don't drive it, don't harass it, don't, don't, don't....."
They had to give a briefing on the topic? Christ... special treatment for the gays right from the git-go. I don't recall any special briefings that straight people would be serving with us...

Funny I was a Navy Rights and Responsibilities Workshop instructor for 10 years over multiple commands and provided quarterly training to "straights" as part of their annual training requirements. So the idea that there were no "special briefings" for straights is incorrect. Straight males and females have been taught about acceptable conduct for years, especially following the Tail Hook scandal.

>>>>

Rights and Responsibilites Workshop.
Sounds perfectly PC idiotic.

Sailors don't know their rights/responsibilities?
I sure as hell did when I served.

In the Navy people we taught our troops what was expected, how did they do it in other services - osmosis?

>>>>

So father's have no rights?

Lets not forget, neither parent dead or alive was a US citizen. It was not a US matter, and the child's relative had no rights over the child.
Just because we don't like communist does not mean our laws and our beliefs trump the rights of a father.

I noticed the left seems to want human-rights as long as it's convenient for them, but if it clashes with something a Democrat President does......pffffft.

Oh, and his father it seems is too busy these days to have Elian 16 living with him.....being that he's been made a member of Parliament and a national hero like the boy. He lives with his grandmother now.

Link
The Elian Gonzalez saga 10 years later: Exiles' miracle boy missed, ever-present
What human rights were violated? Did his father ever abuse him?
Just because we don't like something, doesn't mean we can interfere. What if the roles were reversed? I bet you would think a lot differently.
The child's mother died, custody goes to the father, and if another family member wants custody they can fight their battle in Cuba where the child and the father were citizens.

And so what if he is in uniform??

Let me ask you this.. say a child was being held by family members in say Canada but none were the child's biological parents. Then say the child is a US citizen, and the child's parents are US citizens. Should the Canadians have the final word on who gets custody?

elian04042010AAA.jpg
Elian02022010AA.jpg

Hey Libs.....Elian in his uniform.

You should be very proud of yourselves.

Elian Gonzalez: Who told the truth and who lied?

After 5 years of indoctrination Elian Gonzalez told the CBS 60 Minutes interviewer that 'he never had a good moment in Miami.' Is that true? You decide.

Janet Reno said that she ordered the raid to forcefully remove Elian from his house inMiami, because "the child had to be returned to his father." Now, five years later, Elian told 60 Minutes that he considers Castro his 'father.' Was Castro the 'father' that Reno had in mind for Elian? You decide. Fidel Castro promised that he would never use Elian Gonzalez for political purposes if the child was returned to Cuba. Did he lie? You decide.

Poorelian1206D.jpg

Elian Gonzalez

You are partisan idiot.:lol:

Lets not forget, neither parent dead or alive was a US citizen. It was not a US matter, and the child's relative had no rights over the child.
Just because we don't like communist does not mean our laws and our beliefs trump the rights of a father.

I noticed the left seems to want human-rights as long as it's convenient for them, but if it clashes with something a Democrat President does......pffffft.

Oh, and his father it seems is too busy these days to have Elian 16 living with him.....being that he's been made a member of Parliament and a national hero like the boy. He lives with his grandmother now.

Link
The Elian Gonzalez saga 10 years later: Exiles' miracle boy missed, ever-present
What human rights were violated? Did his father ever abuse him?
Just because we don't like something, doesn't mean we can interfere. What if the roles were reversed? I bet you would think a lot differently.
The child's mother died, custody goes to the father, and if another family member wants custody they can fight their battle in Cuba where the child and the father were citizens.

And so what if he is in uniform??

Let me ask you this.. say a child was being held by family members in say Canada but none were the child's biological parents. Then say the child is a US citizen, and the child's parents are US citizens. Should the Canadians have the final word on who gets custody?

Let's say that China was holding a child that belonged to American parents.

You would have a beef then.

But if it's this situation, where the father is being coerced into asking for his son back. After this same father made sure his wife and son were able to leave the country but his wife dies in the process.

The only reason Cuba had any beef at all is the fact that the mother died during the trip....or all of this never would have even been considered. My guess is you support illegals coming to this country too.

Last edited:
elian04042010AAA.jpg
Elian02022010AA.jpg

Elian Gonzalez: Who told the truth and who lied?

After 5 years of indoctrination Elian Gonzalez told the CBS 60 Minutes interviewer that 'he never had a good moment in Miami.' Is that true? You decide.

Janet Reno said that she ordered the raid to forcefully remove Elian from his house inMiami, because "the child had to be returned to his father." Now, five years later, Elian told 60 Minutes that he considers Castro his 'father.' Was Castro the 'father' that Reno had in mind for Elian? You decide. Fidel Castro promised that he would never use Elian Gonzalez for political purposes if the child was returned to Cuba. Did he lie? You decide.

Poorelian1206D.jpg

Elian Gonzalez

The truth really hurts....doesn't it??????

But if it's this situation, where the father is being coerced into asking for his son back. After this same father made sure his wife and son were able to leave the country but his wife dies in the process.

The only reason Cuba had any beef at all is the fact that the mother died during the trip....or all of this never would have even been considered. My guess is you support illegals coming to this country too.......but only in this case will you make an exception. Elian had relatives in this country willing to take him in and become his guardians.....and instead Clinton made sure he went back to his native soil. Kind of hypocritical....don't you think?

Last edited:
They had to give a briefing on the topic? Christ... special treatment for the gays right from the git-go. I don't recall any special briefings that straight people would be serving with us...

That's actually a really good point. There are no special requirements in how to deal with straight people. So it does take extra cost and effort to focus on pandering to homosexuals in the military. It's a distraction from what the military is really all about.

The distraction is the homophobic culture of the military. I have worked with plenty of good soldiers who were discriminated against because their sexuality was an open secret.

That's actually a really good point. There are no special requirements in how to deal with straight people. So it does take extra cost and effort to focus on pandering to homosexuals in the military. It's a distraction from what the military is really all about.

The distraction is the homophobic culture of the military. I have worked with plenty of good soldiers who were discriminated against because their sexuality was an open secret.

Sorry, I don't think that's true.

We had well known homosexuals in our unit and they handled it with discretion and a little bit of class.

I think the biggest problem was guys trying to score some in the barracks or on board ship where sex of any kind is prohibited.

elian04042010AAA.jpg
Elian02022010AA.jpg

Elian Gonzalez

Um, you just proved my point and said the very same thing I did.:lol:
The boy was Cuban not American. And if the father changed his mind and wanted his child back, then that is his choice. He is the child's father. Are you for taking away parent's rights?

Um, you just proved my point and said the very same thing I did.:lol:
The boy was Cuban not American. And if the father changed his mind and wanted his child back, then that is his choice. He is the child's father. Are you for taking away parent's rights?

Only thing I proved is you aren't any good at English comprehension.

You assume that Castro never held a gun to Elian's father.

However nobody in his family can contact the boy. Castro wouldn't allow any of them near the kid. I posted links to this.

What does that tell you?

Use some common-sense for once.

Last edited:
What a difference a year makes! Was at the Gay Pride Parade and Festival today...they had a large contingent of active duty military march in the parade and they were all over at the Festival. People constantly stopping them to shake their hands and thank them for their service.

What a difference a year makes! Was at the Gay Pride Parade and Festival today...they had a large contingent of active duty military march in the parade and they were all over at the Festival. People constantly stopping them to shake their hands and thank them for their service.

Well, if you're gay or straight you still deserve thanks.

Forum List

Back