I just dropped off Mini EZ for the Midnight Showing

well i dont do the standing in line thing either...and i wont pay a fortune to see something live that i can watch on tv etc.....but that may just show how cheap i am....now i am thinking ..what have i stood in line for....all excited ......

At the local theatre, they allowed all tickets holders to be seated in the theatres (10 screens here).
I have to admit after two hours the place started to smell a bit funky.
But it was fun, and a good movie.

why in the world an adult is going to these films is beyond me....i would have expected mod to outgrow this stuff by now

At the local theatre, they allowed all tickets holders to be seated in the theatres (10 screens here).

why in the world an adult is going to these films is beyond me....i would have expected mod to outgrow this stuff by now

I'm young at heart, a parent who takes interest in his daughter's activities/hobbies, and not one to drop off a 15 year old at a midnight movie.

Sincerely,

Dude

;)

I'm young at heart, a parent who takes interest in his daughter's activities/hobbies, and not one to drop off a 15 year old at a midnight movie.

Sincerely,

Dude

;)

A 15 year old is plenty old enough to do that.

They didn't dress up like characters did they like some kids I am watching on the local news?

Tim Riggins, my favorite ex Dillon Panther. Friday Night Lights soon to be relegated to the annals of history.. :cry:

Like your avie.

Last edited:
Very nice review in National Review, which captures why so many folks like it.

The same theme has been going on through all the books. It has been a very satisfying ride.
Throughout the series, Rowling has stressed the way in which evil, instead of freeing, enslaves; instead of increasing, diminishes. Indeed, after his first attempt to kill Harry, Voldemort becomes a disembodied shell, kept alive only by his horcruxes, a parasite feeding off the blood of innocent unicorns, seeking a body in which to lodge his wandering spirit. In the end, the very devices he chooses to gain absolute control turn against him, in an illustration of another classical teaching, namely, that vice is its own punishment — that it harms and ultimately defeats the perpetrator.

hmmm a 16 yr old allowed to stay out till 2 am....not on my watch sweetie...no event is that special
Well, she was there with about a million other people, at a movie theater, with friends, and I picked her up, she loved the movie, and went straight to bed when she got home.

She's 16, it's time to let her spread her wings. She had a blast, and she's a good kid bones.

And, she was up before me today! Made herself some scrambled eggs and vegetarian sausage for breakfast! The house smells like I HOP now!

o skull they have harry potter parties and such....i am trying to think of a trend from the old days....that we all took part in ...you know dinosaur tipping and all

I can honestly say that I never waited in line for hours to see a stupid movie or buy a stupid cabbage patch doll or whatever other stupid thing people stand in line for hours to buy or watch.

I don't get it in the least.

Yeah, that's because you're an adult. Kids, meh, they have all the time in the world. (In their eyes)

I prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home,,,,it's a rare day when I go to the movies-if we do go it's to a matinee in the middle of the work week where there's hardly anyone there.

Of the Harry Potter movie.

She's with a bunch of friends, they have their tickets but wanted to get in line early.

The news crew is there, maybe she'll be on TV tonight!

She is 16,,it's her first 'Midnight Showing' and the movie theater is 2 minutes away.

She's been excited about this all week, yet I still feel...I don't know...she's growing up....sometimes it's a blessing....sometimes it's bitter-sweet.........

My 17 year-old and four of his friends left yesterday afternoon and headed to one of the last remaining drive-ins in our area. I talked with him about 5:30. They were waiting in line to get tickets ... about 25 people in front of them. Around 9:00 they showed the last movie and then the final chapter aired at midnight. I haven't talked with him yet today, to find out how his night was, and the movie.

I never understood why anyone would stand in line for hours on end just to see a movie or buy a video game etc.

The movie will be playing for weeks and the video game will show up on the used game shelf in a few days.

I'll admit it right now!
I will ( If I have to ) stand in line for hours to get tickets to Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, when it hits theaters!

o skull they have harry potter parties and such....i am trying to think of a trend from the old days....that we all took part in ...you know dinosaur tipping and all

I can honestly say that I never waited in line for hours to see a stupid movie or buy a stupid cabbage patch doll or whatever other stupid thing people stand in line for hours to buy or watch.

Yeah, that's because you're an adult. Kids, meh, they have all the time in the world. (In their eyes)

I prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home,,,,it's a rare day when I go to the movies-if we do go it's to a matinee in the middle of the work week where there's hardly anyone there.

^^^
What EZ said.

I never understood why anyone would stand in line for hours on end just to see a movie or buy a video game etc.

The movie will be playing for weeks and the video game will show up on the used game shelf in a few days.

I'll admit it right now!
I will ( If I have to ) stand in line for hours to get tickets to Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, when it hits theaters!

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. I have my bedroom set up where I can lay back on my bed and pillows and relax and watch, with surround sound, any movie on the flat screen LCD. The comfort level of being able to sit back on a nice soft mattress and pillow, eat my freshly popped popcorn and drink my soda is beyond what a theater can supply. And if I have a companion there too it makes it doubly pleasurable. I have the patience to wait and since movies come out on DVD a few months after release now it is not too long to wait.

even as a teen I would not stand in line all night for concert tickets or the like.

I had friends stupid enough to do that.

Forum List

Back