I just don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think the writers for Boeing would be smart enough to realize a 'zero-tolerance' doesn't mean anything. How can there be 'zero' tolerance? Can there be '5' tolerance? 11-Tolerance? Why the hell aren't we saying what we mean 'there will be NO tolerance of intolerance' :)

rtwngAvngr said:
Ok. Let's say I don't like to hear discussions about football. It's a brutish sport that panders to a lower nature in society. Are you going to go tell everyone they can't discuss football around me?
If you worked for me....
I'd probably just tell everyone to avoid all personal discussions around
you so you aren't uncomfortable. Cause if it's not football, it's going to be
something else. I would also speak with you as well and tell you that you
have the right to walk away from an unwanted conversation, and if it's
around your office, ask them to move. If it continues let me know...

JOKER96BRAVO said:
If you worked for me....
I'd probably just tell everyone to avoid all personal discussions around
you so you aren't uncomfortable. Cause if it's not football, it's going to be
something else. I would also speak with you as well and tell you that you
have the right to walk away from an unwanted conversation, and if it's
around your office, ask them to move. If it continues let me know...

So you would ostracize me for complaining, not just tell them football is off limits?

You're handling this in a notably different fashion. Satan has clouded your thinking. Just kidding.

rtwngAvngr said:
So you would ostracize me for complaining, not just tell them football is off limits?

You're handling this in a notably different fashion. Satan has clouded your thinking. Just kidding.
No, I would try to handle the problem from both ends at the lowest level first.
I assumed by the scenario, and what point that you were trying to make,
that the victim (for lack of a better word) would like to be able to openly
discuss religion in the work place at any time, because it is their legal right.
Knowing this I assumed that the worker would not only complain about
football, but any other personal discussion his/or her ears might come to hear.
Therefore I picked this action, letting the "victim" also know that they have a
choice (unless around their work space) to avoid such conflicts. If the
conversation were around the work area in question, I would again advise
you to handle it at the lowest level first, and ask them to move. If that didn't
work then further action may then be taken by seeing a manager.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right, because this is how far the atheists have stigmatized any religious discussion.

You are precisely the reason Christians get so much crap from us "intolerant ho's". Because you're nothing but a f*cking loud-mouth windbag who doesn't give a shit about anyone, or anything but himself (There's that Christian tolerance coming into play for ya - If ya can't make them agree with your reasoning, insult the hell out of them until they get upset and go away) People like YOU are the reason that limits had to be put on things - because you don't know when to just shut the f*ck up. You have to be everywhere, you have to have everything, and when you don't, you shout "It's my right! Freedom of speech! It's in the Constitution!" YOU are just as bad as the extreme leftists you go out of your way to insult on a daily basis. YOU live by the motto "Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you".

You need help. At VERY least you need to get laid. But, before that can happen, you need a major overhaul on your attitude. YOU could stand to exert a little tolerance for other peoples beliefs and opinions. Mine extends strictly to my workplace, and my personal belongings. YOURS extends to everyone, and everything, period, INCLUDING my workplace and my personal belongings, apparently, since I'm SO f*cking intolerant. There's your "free speech".

To anyone else that had to experience this little rant, I apologize, but feel it had to be said..

Shattered said:
You are precisely the reason Christians get so much crap from us "intolerant ho's". Because you're nothing but a f*cking loud-mouth windbag who doesn't give a shit about anyone, or anything but himself (There's that Christian tolerance coming into play for ya - If ya can't make them agree with your reasoning, insult the hell out of them until they get upset and go away) People like YOU are the reason that limits had to be put on things - because you don't know when to just shut the f*ck up. You have to be everywhere, you have to have everything, and when you don't, you shout "It's my right! Freedom of speech! It's in the Constitution!" YOU are just as bad as the extreme leftists you go out of your way to insult on a daily basis. YOU live by the motto "Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you".

You need help. At VERY least you need to get laid. But, before that can happen, you need a major overhaul on your attitude. YOU could stand to exert a little tolerance for other peoples beliefs and opinions. Mine extends strictly to my workplace, and my personal belongings. YOURS extends to everyone, and everything, period, INCLUDING my workplace and my personal belongings, apparently, since I'm SO f*cking intolerant. There's your "free speech".

To anyone else that had to experience this little rant, I apologize, but feel it had to be said..

once again, CHILDISH.

freeandfun1 said:
once again, CHILDISH.

You obviously spend a great deal of time searching out my posts, since you're there less than 5 seconds after I post one, so this one's especially for you: :dev3: :)

Shattered said:

Wow. You're pathetic. Freedom of speech applies to religious speech, regardless of your intolerance of it. Your personal biases are your problem. Don't shoot the messenger of truth, because the truth annoys you.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
No, I would try to handle the problem from both ends at the lowest level first.
I assumed by the scenario, and what point that you were trying to make,
that the victim (for lack of a better word) would like to be able to openly
discuss religion in the work place at any time, because it is their legal right.
Knowing this I assumed that the worker would not only complain about
football, but any other personal discussion his/or her ears might come to hear.
Therefore I picked this action, letting the "victim" also know that they have a
choice (unless around their work space) to avoid such conflicts. If the
conversation were around the work area in question, I would again advise
you to handle it at the lowest level first, and ask them to move. If that didn't
work then further action may then be taken by seeing a manager.

On the other hand, indulging this person on the lowest levels of pettiness can create a hostile work environment for them. We've all seen this happen.

Shattered said:
You obviously spend a great deal of time searching out my posts, since you're there less than 5 seconds after I post one, so this one's especially for you: :dev3: :)

wittle baby, you know, they have this link at the top that says "New Posts". If you click on it, it will show you the threads with the most recent posts. I use that, I don't search through all the threads.

Doh.

You are a whine'n bitch ho, so shut the fuck up.

There. How's that suit you? :bangheads

Let's all try and prove our points without the bashing...
ON BOTH ENDS!
There is much reason for concern as far as the workplace goes,
and we can discuss this with logic instead of anger.
AGREED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back