I just caught a frog and ate its legs - tastes like chicken breast.

That would have made on big old frog!

My guess was that it was just some genetically flawed tadpole that at some point failed to mature into a frog....

But the thing I caught didn't quite exactly look like that tadpole in the picture - it was more catfish like... It had more of a catfish looking body.

I would have taken a picture of it but the damn raccoons ate it (half of it). Ever since we built the pond in the back and put fish in it the raccoons have been poaching fish.

I'm either going to poison them or shoot them because they're a problem.

Cool!!.... i cant wait to see what this thing is!

It is a mutant catfish or a record sized tadpole......

At any rate I hope it is dead so I can take pics and send it off to potentially be analyzed.

It could be common somewhere else, but I never caught this type of fish .......

If I can get the little guy dead or alive I will certainly provide pics - I really don't know what type of fish this is.....

so when he drinks animal urine on the show, u do it also?

Screen-shot-2010-08-13-at-2.33.16-PM.png

At any rate I hope it is dead so I can take pics and send it off to potentially be analyzed.

If I can get the little guy dead or alive I will certainly provide pics - I really don't know what type of fish this is.....

You know what little motherfucker? you're going on ignore.

You belong in the trunk of a Cadillac....

You know what little motherfucker? you're going on ignore.

You belong in the trunk of a Cadillac....

Watch out! Billy Badass is back in action! Little nicky gonna get all Chuck Norris up in here, like totally.

I was watching Man vs Wild and Bear Grills was eating frog legs.... I was like "I wonder what those taste like" so I went out back and caught some frogs and grilled their legs over a fire. Pretty tasty - not a lot of meat but it tastes like chicken breast....

My goal was to eat anything I caught and grill it over the fire...... I wanted to catch a catfish, but I caught a "tad poll" looking fish the size of a small catfish - a fish I have never caught or seen in my life (and I fish a lot) so I didn't eat that because I had no idea what it was.... I ate the frog legs tho - they were awesome. I put the big ass tad poll looking thing in my pond.

I've never seen a tad poll 6-8 inches long.

Mr. Nick - you're the kinda person that makes me happy I'm having a son instead of a daughter.

That statement could either be interpreted as an insult or a compliment. Its not the latter.

I hate that kind of waste. Like shark finning. Maybe Nick killed the frog though instead of tossing him back alive.

Years ago, I was just a kid when I saw fishermen accidentally catching turtles, lopping off their heads and throwing it all back.

Disgusting and obviously not a "sportsman" or care anything about the earth.

I hate that kind of waste. Like shark finning. Maybe Nick killed the frog though instead of tossing him back alive.

Years ago, I was just a kid when I saw fishermen accidentally catching turtles, lopping off their heads and throwing it all back.

Should have eaten them.

But, snapping turtles can reach menace levels in small bodies of water like ponds, and will eat all the fish.

I've seen snappers clean out a pond and walk miles to the next.

Culling is an important part of conservation...in fact, a conservation order was in effect here for snow geese...no limit...to cull the flock that was destroying it's arctic habitat.

"When it comes to controlling snapping turtles, Barnes said that volunteer nesting surveys are an important weapon, because removing breeding-age females has proven effective. They also trap turtles in the summer when the water level is at its seasonal low.

The trapped turtles are humanely euthanized, and some are dissected to determine sex, count eggs and check their digestive systems to find out what they've been eating."

Should have eaten them.

But, snapping turtles can reach menace levels in small bodies of water like ponds, and will eat all the fish.

I've seen snappers clean out a pond and walk miles to the next.

Culling is an important part of conservation...in fact, a conservation order was in effect here for snow geese...no limit...to cull the flock that was destroying it's arctic habitat.

"When it comes to controlling snapping turtles, Barnes said that volunteer nesting surveys are an important weapon, because removing breeding-age females has proven effective. They also trap turtles in the summer when the water level is at its seasonal low.

The trapped turtles are humanely euthanized, and some are dissected to determine sex, count eggs and check their digestive systems to find out what they've been eating."

Humans are the same way.

sp_1510_07.jpg

What I caught was called a "Giant Bullfrog Tadpole."

I think the one I caught could have been a record looking at pictures online.

If that thing had turned into a frog that frog would have easily been 12-14 inches.

I saw some more yesterday and I want to catch another one and throw it in the pond to see what happens. I want to see its metamorphosis.

Forum List

Back