I just can't wait for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Although I know the films won't do justice to such a magnificent book, they still look like they will be great films in and of themselves. I only hope that some of the key moments from the books are maintained and played out the way they were written.

The trailer got me all kinds of excited:

[youtube]_EC2tmFVNNE[/youtube]

Yeah, I cant wait either! Hopefully it will live up to the book.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Two Girls, One Cup is a better movie than New Moon.

Harry Potter is an amazing series. The books are incredibly well-written, and the movies are decent as movies. If you watch the movies as a fan of the books, you tend to be letdown. I try to remove myself from my love of the books whenever I watch the movies.

Evana Lynch for the win
40370.jpg

I'm stunned that somebody referred to The Deathly Hallows as "magnificent".

I'm stunned that somebody referred to The Deathly Hallows as "magnificent".

Err...its the single greatest work of fiction ever.

EZ, I was 14 when the first book came out, so I sorta grew up with Harry Potter. And yes, the character of Luna Lovegood is amazing. I have a friend who reminds me a LOT of her.

These movies are adapted from books??!! Wow!
(I wonder if they do this with other movies...... Uuuummmmm.......)

So it finally came out, and was another let down just like the one before it. It's like the idea train has simply LEFT the Harry Potter films. The last two have been just flat, nothing special, might as well fall asleep watching them. All the rest were drop dead fantastic. Some of the most entertaining movies ever made. So sad to see them followed up with such tepid garbage.

They seem to be made for folks who've read the books. I can't follow what the hell is going on so the daughter has to explain it. We're going to the midnight showing for the final installment.

They seem to be made for folks who've read the books. I can't follow what the hell is going on so the daughter has to explain it. We're going to the midnight showing for the final installment.

It's the same as if you've watched all the prior Harry Potter movies. There's things in them from earlier movies. Like Ron gets Professor Dumbledore's "light catcher," and you see the Professor use it in the very first movie. If you've seen them all chances are you'll remember it. If not, you'll at least know the majority of what's going on enough to take up where the last movie left off. This last one was better than the one before it, which was a total flop, but that's not saying much for this last one either. Still entertaining, just not very good.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back