I just bought a Cold Steel "Bushman" and boy is it impressive!

yeah MOJO , I keep going and I'll have a backpack fulla knives but I do like the utility of an easy spear over at Starbucks as TEOTOWAKI unfolds so I'll probably get one !!

nice knife Sunni , german ehhh ?? off topic question added , --- location , wot you are in ' the house of War ' ?

All Muslims are required to help make America Islamic ruled.

This is like frontier country during our Westward Expansion for Muslims. Until we are conquered and America becomes part of the House of Islam we are considered the house of War.

oh I understand the concept MOJO , too bad that most Americans don't understand . --- [house of war , house of peace] --- I just thought that Sunni was different , more benign perhaps . --- maybe its. --- OR --- House of islam --- may be the proper language !!

yeah MOJO , I keep going and I'll have a backpack fulla knives but I do like the utility of an easy spear over at Starbucks as TEOTOWAKI unfolds so I'll probably get one !!

Until I feel I really NEED another one I think I'll stick with this and then maybe a smaller more bushcrafty knife. Right now I'm using a generic folding lockblade. And I have a neck Karambit from Smith & Wesson (Taylor).

The Mora Bushcraft Black looks good. But I'm in no hurry.

Now it's time to watch videos on how to kill and dress squirrels.

They say it's the tastiest of all the wild game animals.

Then edible plant identification.

oh I understand the concept MOJO , too bad that most Americans don't understand . --- [house of war , house of peace] --- I just thought that Sunni was different , more benign perhaps .

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate you didn't know.

:)

Yeah. Sunni is required to perform Jihad just as OBL was required to perform Jihad.

Their methods might be different but the game is the same.

Global dominance.

My best collector knife is a german made Puma from the 1960's called the White Hunter.

10032232_1.jpg

Must be difficult sharpening that baby.
Yes, it takes awhile to sharpen because it's made from 1st rate double hard German steel.

With the heavy end blade design it's a great knife for thick jungle or bush.

Kind of like a smaller machete that doubles as a knife.

It was originally developed for use by safari hunters and guides in Africa.

Hence the name....... White Hunter

naw , I'm not like that MOJO . I'm here to learn and have conversation , be corrected and do some correcting when I get the chance !!

oh I understand the concept MOJO , too bad that most Americans don't understand . --- [house of war , house of peace] --- I just thought that Sunni was different , more benign perhaps . --- maybe its. --- OR --- House of islam --- may be the proper language !!
My best collector knife is a german made Puma from the 1960's called the White Hunter.

10032232_1.jpg

That's beautiful. It looks like some Teutonic craftsman labored long and hard to produce this piece of exceptional craftsmanship.
It feels perfect in your hand and very well balanced.

There are always a few for sale on Ebay.

Last year I sold my Benchmade model 42 Bali-song knife.

It was insanely sharp and I started worrying about having to get stitches while doing flipping tricks.

Benchmade quit making the model 42 a few years ago and the collector's price had gone sky high.

The model 42 has titanium handles with a 154CM stainless steel blade and is the best butterfly knife ever made.

121746306.8gYipDfQ.42Reverse900.jpg

Last edited:

It was insanely sharp and I started worrying about having to get stitches while doing flipping tricks.

Benchmade quit making the model 42 a few years ago and the collector's price had gone sky high.

The model 42 has titanium handles with a 154CM stainless steel blade and is the best butterfly knife ever made.

Do you use your knives or just sit them aside in a safe place and keep them pretty and look adoringly at them?

Sunni man started a thread on amending the Constitution to allow Sharia law and another on what an Islamic US Flag would look like.

Are/were you a Ranger?

Yes.

I couldn't do what you did.

I tried something along those lines and couldn't hack it no matter how hard I tried. At least not in the six months I tried.

A man's got to know his limitations.

Sometimes he will push past them. Most times not.

You did.

My respects.

The key word there is "tried". At least you tried. That's more than a lot of people are willing to do in life. And thank-you. My Ranger days were back in the Vietnam War. Today's Rangers are world-class athletes as well as being combat soldiers. The Sports Writers Association of America ranked Ranger School (and The Best Ranger Competition) as the 4th most difficult athletic endeavor in the world. They ranked Ranger training up there with a heavyweight title fight, the Tour de France, etc. Every year over on the Ranger site I linked, there is news of some Ranger setting a new world record in something or another. Even if I had my youth back, I often wonder if I could keep up with these young men today. Maybe I could. ; - ) Best wishes.

BTW I never carried a knife in the bush. We didn't break bush. A knife was just dead weight. I question the utility of knives in modern warfare. Maybe every fifth man should have one for five to share. I think they're more of a hunter's icon. A lot of guys down here field dress their game out in the sticks during hunting season. It's "tradition". They're big knife people. I throw my kill in the truck and take it to a USDA processor. I'm lazy.

Sunni man started a thread on amending the Constitution to allow Sharia law and another on what an Islamic US Flag would look like.

Are/were you a Ranger?

Yes.

I couldn't do what you did.

I tried something along those lines and couldn't hack it no matter how hard I tried. At least not in the six months I tried.

A man's got to know his limitations.

Sometimes he will push past them. Most times not.

You did.

My respects.

The key word there is "tried". At least you tried. That's more than a lot of people are willing to do in life. And thank-you. My Ranger days were back in the Vietnam War. Today's Rangers are world-class athletes as well as being combat soldiers. The Sports Writers Association of America ranked Ranger School (and The Best Ranger Competition) as the 4th most difficult athletic endeavor in the world. They ranked Ranger training up there with a heavyweight title fight, the Tour de France, etc. Every year over on the Ranger site I linked, there is news of some Ranger setting a new world record in something or another. Even if I had my youth back, I often wonder if I could keep up with these young men today. Maybe I could. ; - ) Best wishes.

BTW I never carried a knife in the bush. We didn't break bush. A knife was just dead weight. I question the utility of knives in modern warfare. Maybe every fifth man should have one for five to share. I think they're more of a hunter's icon. A lot of guys down here field dress their game out in the sticks during hunting season. It's "tradition". They're big knife people. I throw my kill in the truck and take it to a USDA processor. I'm lazy.

Thanks Tom.

3 years Signal Corps then six years later 6 months at MCRD San Diego.

My bridge too far.

*Sigh*

What do you use to make fires with?

Kindling? Well, batoning logs into kindling or smaller seems to be a big thing for a bushcraft/survival knife to do well to be competitive.

And the spine of this blade is ground to ninety degree angles to be better firesteel (included and neatly mounted on the side of the knife sheath) strikers.

And of course if a non-Ranger type of person who couldn't kill a bear with his hands and teeth like SOME folks we know, ahem ( ;) ) had this knife and a long stick or pole he'd have himself all that's needed to make a spear! And with that he'd be better able to hold off a wild animal at further than arm's length.

The idea of having a knife like this is that it is so versatile. At least that's what I've learned from watching the many vids on it.

Last edited:

How big is your collection?

Forum List

Back