I just bought 2008 ram 1500 with a flex fuel engine

I apparently lack permission to follow link above.
Sorry...I was trying to post a picture....but that seems beyond my limited capability...I'll see if sassy can post it tomorrow...
ry%3D400

Armor all the dash frequently. And put up a sun shield when parked.........

We have all kind of trucks at work..........And the Rams dashes look like they were in WWII. All of them...........

Protect the dash.....I'm not kidding.

Whoa, stop! Do NOT use Armor-All on the dash under any circumstances! It will CAUSE that damage.

We have all kind of trucks at work..........And the Rams dashes look like they were in WWII. All of them...........

Whoa, stop! Do NOT use Armor-All on the dash under any circumstances! It will CAUSE that damage.
Huh..............You've got to be kidding me...............We used nothing on these work trucks and they all cracked to hell.............Is armor all suddenly bad for the dash..........

i don't plan on overusing the truck...maybe pull a trailer down to corpus next year.

Mainly use it for infrequent trips to get garden/ landscaping material.

Should I run with E 85 ethanol?

Reg gas?

Guy I bought it from said he used mid grade regular...

From what I read it really doesn't matter...but I really don't understand what I read...not up on truck engines

Thanks for your input...
I have a stand up jetski. I only put premium gas in it and have had it for 20 years.

I think oil changes are more important than gas but I guess if you want to have it forever.

How much more will you pay per year if you do premium vs regular? You might just do regular and save that money and buy again in 8 years. How long do you want to keep it?

Huh..............You've got to be kidding me...............We used nothing on these work trucks and they all cracked to hell.............Is armor all suddenly bad for the dash..........

Armor All is bad for everything...it dries out anything it touches. There is a reason that tire companies void warranties if it is used!

Armor All is bad for everything...it dries out anything it touches. There is a reason that tire companies void warranties if it is used!
Didn't know that.........I've used it and never noticed this problem though.

i don't plan on overusing the truck...maybe pull a trailer down to corpus next year.

Reg gas?

From what I read it really doesn't matter...but I really don't understand what I read...not up on truck engines

Thanks for your input...
I have a stand up jetski. I only put premium gas in it and have had it for 20 years.

I think oil changes are more important than gas but I guess if you want to have it forever.

How much more will you pay per year if you do premium vs regular? You might just do regular and save that money and buy again in 8 years. How long do you want to keep it?
At 2500 miles per year the truck will probably outlast me. I was just trying to get advice on overall mileage and performance. Performance and engine life are more important than cost in my opinion. I am getting the impression that running the mid grade regular would be best....

Reg gas?

Thanks for your input...

Use whichever, the engine computer is programmed to best utilize whichever one. It won't make a bit of difference in economy, mileage, or wear on the engine.

You should have bought a Ford.
I was trying hard not to say that
:lol:
Though it honestly has a better FlexFuel engine

The Ford has better everything, but the Dodge does look good.
the 6.0 didn't turn out so good. But if you can delete and chip up you're ok
I have at 2010 dodge 2500 Cummins that's been deleted and chipped up... but it still sits in the garage for the most part. LOL

Forum List

Back