I just bought 2008 ram 1500 with a flex fuel engine

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
i don't plan on overusing the truck...maybe pull a trailer down to corpus next year.

Mainly use it for infrequent trips to get garden/ landscaping material.

Should I run with E 85 ethanol?

Reg gas?

Guy I bought it from said he used mid grade regular...

From what I read it really doesn't matter...but I really don't understand what I read...not up on truck engines

Thanks for your input...

Isn't non e85 fairly expensive. It is around here
Have never paid attention to it...but I think it is....I have the HEB Texas food chain mega store about two miles away...so convenience isn't a problem. There's a Baskin Robbins right close also...good excuse for a double cone later...

i don't plan on overusing the truck...maybe pull a trailer down to corpus next year.

Mainly use it for infrequent trips to get garden/ landscaping material.

Should I run with E 85 ethanol?

Reg gas?

Guy I bought it from said he used mid grade regular...

From what I read it really doesn't matter...but I really don't understand what I read...not up on truck engines

Thanks for your input...

Make sure it's not a diesel :eek:

I read somewhere that it's a good thing to have the label "FlexFuel" otherwise all the Ethanol in fuel will void the warranty of an engine without that classification.

:dunno:

I'm sure it's flex fuel...had the yellow gas cap. You get less mileage with flex...but flex is cheaper....

It will take out your fuel lines post haste if it's not flex fuel rated. Your mileage will suffer about 20% so you want to be saving about $0.60/gallon to break even.

Armor all the dash frequently. And put up a sun shield when parked.........

We have all kind of trucks at work..........And the Rams dashes look like they were in WWII. All of them...........

Protect the dash.....I'm not kidding.

We have all kind of trucks at work..........And the Rams dashes look like they were in WWII. All of them...........

The previous owner was a neat freak...the truck looks brand new...got the shield on now...need a bigger one though...

The previous owner was a neat freak...the truck looks brand new...got the shield on now...need a bigger one though...
Glad to hear that.............We abuse our work trucks.........just warning about the dash thingy. They crack over time.........Good Luck with the new truck. They do drive well.

If he was a neat freak then your vehicle was most likely kept well - the oil very clean, etc. (that is usually the case with meticulous people) It sounds like you got a cream puff, Deltex1! Congratulations!

Forum List

Back