I hope you liked that gas under $2.50

There was nothing about my prior post that was false, yet you felt the need to reply to sanity with a joke.

TOXI has got a really bad memory...when Bush left office, gas was near or below 1.50 in most parts of the country. AND...we weren't driving the dollar below recoverable values. China didn't own us until well after the Obama transition team had moved into Whitehouse. The fuel price increase didn't come until after the first 100 days. And it didn't start going up until BO knew he had the bulk of the auto industry in his control. Gas prices are going back up because they renigged on the domestic oil exploration and forced our oil companies to shut down hundreds of offshore rigs for an emissions overhaul. I have relatives who are out of work because of that very thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCp6woQzU1g&feature=related]YouTube - Bush: $4 gas? "I hadn't heard that"[/ame]

And clearly you forget that the gas prices went over $4 per gallon while Bush was still president.

Are you implying that was Obama's fault back then as well?

No..I didn't forget...and sadly, your question doesn't even make sense....I thought we were having a pretty logical discussion up until now. Why would it be his fault? He wasn't in power then? My point is that oil prices dropped like a stone when we passed the domestic exploration initiative in November. Remember how prices came WAY down over the holidays? OPEC dropped prices because we cut back on consumption which gave us a huge surplus and then we started looking in our own backyard for oil. We have JILLIONS of barrels of oil right here, and they know it. Obama comes to Washington and cancels the domestic exploration which opens the path for OPEC to increase prices...decrease production which will soon force us back into a demand.

Okay...so back on track...

Tell me, PR, were you scared when Bush raised the gas prices to over $4?

How will you feel when it's over 5? 6? What if it goes higher? It's coming...just wait and see. Tens of thousands will be unable to buy heating oil this winter. Electricity costs will go up too. Crops will fail because tractors don't run on dirt. The price of groceries will soar out of control because of price of diesel will shrink our trucking industry...crippling our deliveries. If you can afford to buy food, there won't be nearly as much of it. Oh yeah...we had it bad when Bush was in office. Dream on....that was child's play compared to what the Big O has for ya.

You may be right.

And to get through it, some of us will choose to work together as a nation.

And others will just bitch and complain.

OK...I give up...I've done my best to carry on a logical explanation, but you just want to keep pointing fingers and talking down to people who don't drink the koolaid with you.

Good night...sleep well...and say a prayer for us bitchers and complainers...maybe one day we'll receive the enlightment of the DALI BAMA

Okay first off, no president has any real control over gas prices.

2nd Oil dropped today but it will be a while before the price reduction hits the pump.

It's summer time, gentlemen prices for gas always go up in the summer because demand is higher, those people that still have jobs traveling etc etc etc. This was likely to be the last high point on gas prices for a while, especially of the summer travel season is down significantly.

This is a combination of production cuts, the Dollar dropping in value, and speculators in the futures market driving the price up.

Think about it...

Where's the demand for fuel right now? We're near 10% unemployment, we've lost millions of jobs in the worst economic downturn since the great depression, the rest of the world is feeling the same kind of crunch, but oil prices are going up?

The OP obviously hasn't done much homework. The summer driving season is kicking in, and speculators are playing the oil game to make a couple bucks.

We'll see it back around $50 or lower by the end of the summer. Eventually though, we will be seeing significantly higher prices. The Dollar is set to take quite a beating in the coming years.

I think you are pretty much on target Paulie. The speculators are really pushing the price up right now, but they're going to take it on the chin, and deservedly so. The fact is that there is so much oil and gasoline on the market right now, that the bottom can't help but to fall out. Oil producers have oil and processed gasoline being held on tankers because they can't even bring it into port because there is nowhere left to store it.

Silobreaker: Rotterdam oil storage running out of space

Oil Glut: Why ‘Contango’ Is Stretching the Oil Market, and Why You Should Care – Royal Dutch Shell plc .com

Hottest Oil Options Show 18% Drop as Demand Falls (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

No matter what happens in the short term, long term, we are looking at much higher prices for gasoline. Alternative fuels are absolutely necessary for our future, and pushing for them now would be a wise investment. At the same time, there is a good chance that we will see some serious production from oil shale within the next ten years. Howeve,r that is still up in the air. If that source is accessible, oil will become very cheap again.

It's easier to blame the President as opposed to finding out what actually causes it. Some people even go as far as using a chain of events style argument starting with the President.

It is being kept artificially high to keep the pressure up for people to keep moving towards the alternative energy markets.

If TARP didn't teach the average Joe anything about the inner workings then nothing will.

Free market economy is just an allusion to pacify the masses.

Last edited:
wHY are they going up like crazy....what in the world even makes the future speculators even think our economy will be in the early to mid bush hayday era? we won't come close to that kind of usage or demand in quite some time, you would think tex, no?

why the heck are prices going up so rapidly? are we not laying off people because there is less work, less manufacturing, less money, less everything world wide?

gas prices last june of $4 bucks a gallon is the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to our economy, outside of housing, imo! Damnit! :(

care

Yeah those gas prices did hit people real hard, and were a factor in lots of people going under. Just another nail in the coffin. But wait, now we have obama's MASSIVE spending to deal with this time around, and millions more out of work. So however bad it was last time, it's going to be WORSE this time. The dems have screwed things up royal in the last 100 days, and are still trying to spend MORE MONEY THAT WE DON'T HAVE! It's just INCREDIBLE... it's a train wreck, and nobody seems to have a set of balls big enough to stop it.

Yep your right (again) and it's sad, but you know, let them suffer now.

They wanted him, they got him! Let fuel prices climb!

I get 70mpg and 55mpg respectively (rain or shine) and my wife gets 25mph and only drives 3 miles to work.

Yes, let them have him. I'm going to begin a new service to the business, drop prices, run delivery and no delivery charge. Yep, let them have him, let them suffer!

They wanted him, they got him. Obama is waging War on the United States. He is set to change this nation forever to one of dependence, total dependence.

Well not this American pal, I'm keeping it cash only, keeping everything paid for and the hell with fuel prices.

Rot in hell Obama!

wHY are they going up like crazy....what in the world even makes the future speculators even think our economy will be in the early to mid bush hayday era? we won't come close to that kind of usage or demand in quite some time, you would think tex, no?

why the heck are prices going up so rapidly? are we not laying off people because there is less work, less manufacturing, less money, less everything world wide?

gas prices last june of $4 bucks a gallon is the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to our economy, outside of housing, imo! Damnit! :(

care

Yeah those gas prices did hit people real hard, and were a factor in lots of people going under. Just another nail in the coffin. But wait, now we have obama's MASSIVE spending to deal with this time around, and millions more out of work. So however bad it was last time, it's going to be WORSE this time. The dems have screwed things up royal in the last 100 days, and are still trying to spend MORE MONEY THAT WE DON'T HAVE! It's just INCREDIBLE... it's a train wreck, and nobody seems to have a set of balls big enough to stop it.

Yep your right (again) and it's sad, but you know, let them suffer now.

They wanted him, they got him! Let fuel prices climb!

I get 70mpg and 55mpg respectively (rain or shine) and my wife gets 25mph and only drives 3 miles to work.

Yes, let them have him. I'm going to begin a new service to the business, drop prices, run delivery and no delivery charge. Yep, let them have him, let them suffer!

They wanted him, they got him. Obama is waging War on the United States. He is set to change this nation forever to one of dependence, total dependence.

Well not this American pal, I'm keeping it cash only, keeping everything paid for and the hell with fuel prices.

Rot in hell Obama!

But tell us how you really feel....

This is a combination of production cuts, the Dollar dropping in value, and speculators in the futures market driving the price up.

Think about it...

Where's the demand for fuel right now? We're near 10% unemployment, we've lost millions of jobs in the worst economic downturn since the great depression, the rest of the world is feeling the same kind of crunch, but oil prices are going up?

The OP obviously hasn't done much homework. The summer driving season is kicking in, and speculators are playing the oil game to make a couple bucks.

We'll see it back around $50 or lower by the end of the summer. Eventually though, we will be seeing significantly higher prices. The Dollar is set to take quite a beating in the coming years.

I think you are pretty much on target Paulie. The speculators are really pushing the price up right now, but they're going to take it on the chin, and deservedly so. The fact is that there is so much oil and gasoline on the market right now, that the bottom can't help but to fall out. Oil producers have oil and processed gasoline being held on tankers because they can't even bring it into port because there is nowhere left to store it.

Oil Glut: Why ‘Contango’ Is Stretching the Oil Market, and Why You Should Care – Royal Dutch Shell plc .com

There is enough supply to MORE THAN support the demand, then WHO is driving the price of oil and gasoline upwards? Who are "the Speculators"... do they have a name...? How does this work? "

i've about had it with this bullshit....what can be done to stop them from ARTIFICIALLY inflating the price of oil at their whim?

Think about it...

There is enough supply to MORE THAN support the demand, then WHO is driving the price of oil and gasoline upwards? Who are "the Speculators"... do they have a name...? How does this work? "

i've about had it with this bullshit....what can be done to stop them from ARTIFICIALLY inflating the price of oil at their whim?

To put it in the simplest of terms, I believe it works like this, it's day traders buying futures on oil kind of betting that the price will go up because more of them are buying it. Demand does play a part in the price because if demand is high, the traders that bought futures are making good money. But if demand is low, the price of gas can still go up because a large number or traders are buying it. The more that buy oil, the higher it drives the price of a barrel, and then we feel it at the pump.

Forum List

Back