I hope y'all are happy....

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><font color=red>The Right Wing Three Ring Circus</font></h1></center>

And that's what these sorry sacks of excrement have made of Terri Schiavo's case. They passed legislation, which was then signed by the head sack-o-crap, affecting a <b><i>single</i></b> individual. This pernicious bit of legislative skulduggery will allow Mrs. Schiavo's case to be heard before the federal judiciary. The Florida legislature passed a law aimed at keeping Mrs. Schiavo's PEG tube in place and had it thrown back in their faces by the Florida Supreme Court, and ignored by the SCOTUS. Barney Franks (D, MA) had it right when he said that this is a violation of the separation of powers, and that Congress' role was the determination of broad policy issues and the courts were for individual adjudication. All well and good with right wing-nuts except when they get their panties in a twist over a given issue. Then, by golly it's "Katie bar the door...!", as they bitch and whine about "activists judges" interfering with the legislative process and the "will of the people".

Only Mrs. Schiavo's case, the federal version of Florida's overturned "Terri's Law", wasn't about the "will of the people", it wasn't even about Terri Schiavo...It was about politics, pure and simple. It was reported on the news this morning that a memo circulated amongst congressional republicans stating that this case was essentially a political goldmine for republicans, particuilarly since one House republican was facing a contested election and could benefit from this issue. But what I want to know is where the concern of these sanctimonious, self-righteous twits was a year ago...? Two years age...? Seven years ago...? It was nowhere to be found. It wasn't until they thought they could get some political mileage out of it that they did anything.

And listening to Dubbyuh spout his hypocritical nonsense about "...our society, our laws, and our courts should have a presumption in favor of life..." had me choking on my coffee this morning. This coming from a man who, as Governor of Texas, presided over more executions than any governor in the last 50 years. And let's not forget his cheerful willingness to permit the execution of the mentally retarded, and his cruel mockery on "<i>Larry King: Live</i>", of a woman he permitted to be executed. Dubbyuh's mouthings about the sanctity of life are nothing more than calculated remarks to appeal to a selected audience, they have all the substance of a rapidly evaporating puddle on the hot asphalt of a parking lot.

Our congressional reps in both houses should be ashamed of themselves for so shamelessly politicizing this case. As far as I can tell, they have bought and paid for their places in hell. I hope they enjoy them.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><font color=red>The Right Wing Three Ring Circus</font></h1></center>

And that's what these sorry sacks of excrement have made of Terri Schiavo's case. They passed legislation, which was then signed by the head sack-o-crap, affecting a <b><i>single</i></b> individual. This pernicious bit of legislative skulduggery will allow Mrs. Schiavo's case to be heard before the federal judiciary. The Florida legislature passed a law aimed at keeping Mrs. Schiavo's PEG tube in place and had it thrown back in their faces by the Florida Supreme Court, and ignored by the SCOTUS. Barney Franks (D, MA) had it right when he said that this is a violation of the separation of powers, and that Congress' role was the determination of broad policy issues and the courts were for individual adjudication. All well and good with right wing-nuts except when they get their panties in a twist over a given issue. Then, by golly it's "Katie bar the door...!", as they bitch and whine about "activists judges" interfering with the legislative process and the "will of the people".

Only Mrs. Schiavo's case, the federal version of Florida's overturned "Terri's Law", wasn't about the "will of the people", it wasn't even about Terri Schiavo...It was about politics, pure and simple. It was reported on the news this morning that a memo circulated amongst congressional republicans stating that this case was essentially a political goldmine for republicans, particuilarly since one House republican was facing a contested election and could benefit from this issue. But what I want to know is where the concern of these sanctimonious, self-righteous twits was a year ago...? Two years age...? Seven years ago...? It was nowhere to be found. It wasn't until they thought they could get some political mileage out of it that they did anything.

And listening to Dubbyuh spout his hypocritical nonsense about "...our society, our laws, and our courts should have a presumption in favor of life..." had me choking on my coffee this morning. This coming from a man who, as Governor of Texas, presided over more executions than any governor in the last 50 years. And let's not forget his cheerful willingness to permit the execution of the mentally retarded, and his cruel mockery on "<i>Larry King: Live</i>", of a woman he permitted to be executed. Dubbyuh's mouthings about the sanctity of life are nothing more than calculated remarks to appeal to a selected audience, they have all the substance of a rapidly evaporating puddle on the hot asphalt of a parking lot.

Our congressional reps in both houses should be ashamed of themselves for so shamelessly politicizing this case. As far as I can tell, they have bought and paid for their places in hell. I hope they enjoy them.

Perhaps this case as much broader intentions than you are aware of Bully---right to life comes to mind

Bullypulpit said:
No...You would have to have been blind to miss that implication.
then this ISN"T about one individual !! Pro-murder folks have no problem with the federal gov stomping all over states rights and that began with an individual.

Bullypulpit said:

And that's what these sorry sacks of excrement have made of Terri Schiavo's case. They passed legislation, which was then signed by the head sack-o-crap, affecting a <b><i>single</i></b> But what I want to know is where the concern of these sanctimonious, self-righteous twits was a year ago...? Two years age...? Seven years ago...? It was nowhere to be found. It wasn't until they thought they could get some political mileage out of it that they did anything.

These great men/women were right where they were supposed to be. A year ago, two years ago, seven years ago they didn't have any idea a judge was going to murder anyone so they didn't intervene. Looks as if our justice system worked as planned for once. Now if the highest court says it's ok to murder her, there isn't much more we can do at the moment.

Merlin said:
These great men/women were right where they were supposed to be. A year ago, two years ago, seven years ago they didn't have any idea a judge was going to murder anyone so they didn't intervene. Looks as if our justice system worked as planned for once. Now if the highest court says it's ok to murder her, there isn't much more we can do at the moment.

When are you going to realize that it isn't murder? It happens everyday in every state across the nation...Family members make the decision to withdraw medical treatment for their loved ones. Such decisions are based upon verbal requests of their loved ones while they are still able to make them, living wills or the best interest of the patient. They are also based upon the reccomendations of the attending physician as well as a consulting physician. Also JCOHOA requires hospitals to have standing or ad hoc ethics committees to follow such cases. These decisions are never made lightly, nor in a vacuum, and where there is no immediate family to make these decisions , aguardian is often appointed to serve the interests of the patient. Hospices and their medical directors all over the country routinely honor the requests of families to withdraw food and hydration, providing comfort care.

No...Terri Schiavo's case has become a political football for the right wing-nuts that are in control in Washington. 19 judges in 6 state courts have upheld the right of Terri's husband to make medical decisions on her behalf and the SCOTUS has, not once, but twice, kicked the case back to the state courts. So, the highest court in the land has already affirmed her husbands right to honor Mrs. Schiavo's wishes and withdraw food and hydration. That the Republican controlled Congress chose to act now has nothing to do with the sanctity of life...It is politics, nothing more, and you are wrong

Bullypulpit said:
When are you going to realize that it isn't murder? It happens everyday in every state across the nation...Family members make the decision to withdraw medical treatment for their loved ones. Such decisions are based upon verbal requests of their loved ones while they are still able to make them, living wills or the best interest of the patient. They are also based upon the reccomendations of the attending physician as well as a consulting physician. Also JCOHOA requires hospitals to have standing or ad hoc ethics committees to follow such cases. These decisions are never made lightly, nor in a vacuum, and where there is no immediate family to make these decisions , aguardian is often appointed to serve the interests of the patient. Hospices and their medical directors all over the country routinely honor the requests of families to withdraw food and hydration, providing comfort care.

No...Terri Schiavo's case has become a political football for the right wing-nuts that are in control in Washington. 19 judges in 6 state courts have upheld the right of Terri's husband to make medical decisions on her behalf and the SCOTUS has, not once, but twice, kicked the case back to the state courts. So, the highest court in the land has already affirmed her husbands right to honor Mrs. Schiavo's wishes and withdraw food and hydration. That the Republican controlled Congress chose to act now has nothing to do with the sanctity of life...It is politics, nothing more, and you are wrong

They have a perfect right to challenge the rulings using all means availbale to them---Dems do the same poilical dance when THEY don't like something.

Merlin said:
It isn't murder you moron. Its about letting a womans wish to NOT live a tortured meaningless existence. Get this straight, its about what TERRI wanted, not her selfish ass parents and siblings.

dilloduck said:
They have a perfect right to challenge the rulings using all means availbale to them---Dems do the same poilical dance when THEY don't like something.
congress would never have batted an eye had the ruling gone in favor of the parents and you know it.

dilloduck said:
OF course---this congress is pro-life !
whether it violates the law, states rights, or the persons wishes. damn the law they say. fuckin brilliant.

SmarterThanYou said:
It isn't murder you moron. Its about letting a womans wish to NOT live a tortured meaningless existence. Get this straight, its about what TERRI wanted, not her selfish ass parents and siblings.

Moron? I don't call you names, so that makes me smarter than you. And you are also wrong about it being what Terri wanted. Sure, she may not want to be hooked up to all kind of tubes, but I haven't seen anything she signed saying she wanted to be starved to death either. If you want to carry out the so called "Wishes" of Terri, just give her a shot and end it quick. Yes, the way they are doing it is slow MURDER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin said:
Moron? I don't call you names, so that makes me smarter than you. And you are also wrong about it being what Terri wanted. Sure, she may not want to be hooked up to all kind of tubes, but I haven't seen anything she signed saying she wanted to be starved to death either. If you want to carry out the so called "Wishes" of Terri, just give her a shot and end it quick. Yes, the way they are doing it is slow MURDER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called you a moron because you IGNORE, yes you IGNORE, the 5+ years this has gone through a handful of courts in florida. The parents lost everytime because ALL of those courts decided in terri's favor. You don't agree with terri's wishes so you, and all those that support this abomination of a republican party, are pleased as punch to force YOUR will on an individual that never wished to be this way. THATS Sadism to the extreme.

dilloduck said:
A dose of your own medicine---can't swallow it?
tell me where this is my medicine? prove that to me, if you can.

SmarterThanYou said:
tell me where this is my medicine? prove that to me, if you can.

It's called the OTHER party using the clout the have to affect the USA in the manner in which they prefer. Just like the Dems when THEY had the clout.

SmarterThanYou said:

You keep using this word, Torture. I dont think it means what you think it means. How is she tortured by being allowed to live? Please let me know how her life continuing is any more torture than letting a mentally handicap person living or heck even letting a normal person live? Are there people breaking her feet everyday or something?

Again you dont seem to get this that There is no evidence that Terri wants to die The only damn person being selfish here is her husband.

And to answer Bully's question im very happy that your attempts to support the murder of a woman has been thwarted.

You keep using this word, Torture. I dont think it means what you think it means. How is she tortured by being allowed to live? Please let me know how her life continuing is any more torture than letting a mentally handicap person living or heck even letting a normal person live? Are there people breaking her feet everyday or something?
do you care about the quality of life you will live?

Again you dont seem to get this that There is no evidence that Terri wants to die The only damn person being selfish here is her husband.
The courts disagree with you.

And to answer Bully's question im very happy that your attempts to support the murder of a woman has been thwarted.
but you have no problem with the random deaths of iraqi civilians as you call them collateral damage. how touching.

SmarterThanYou said:
I called you a moron because you IGNORE, yes you IGNORE, the 5+ years this has gone through a handful of courts in florida. The parents lost everytime because ALL of those courts decided in terri's favor. You don't agree with terri's wishes so you, and all those that support this abomination of a republican party, are pleased as punch to force YOUR will on an individual that never wished to be this way. THATS Sadism to the extreme.

Well, lets see. No, I haven't ignored anything that I am aware of. Yes, I try to force my will on an individual (and the whole U.S.A.). That is what is known as a Republic. I vote for whom ever I think will represent my views the best. And I'm sure if the Congress done anything illegal last night by voting for this bill, it will be known very shortly. I'm not sadist enough to let a person starve to death like most Democrats are though. That is sadism at the extreme.

Merlin said:
Well, lets see. No, I haven't ignored anything that I am aware of. Yes, I try to force my will on an individual (and the whole U.S.A.). That is what is known as a Republic. I vote for whom ever I think will represent my views the best. And I'm sure if the Congress done anything illegal last night by voting for this bill, it will be known very shortly. I'm not sadist enough to let a person starve to death like most Democrats are though. That is sadism at the extreme.
lets see, forcing a woman to live a life she didn't want to live for 40 more years vs. using the ONLY legal means to comply with her wishes which would take up to two weeks. whats extreme now?

Forum List

Back