I hope to be on welfare soon?

What is/was your line of work?
Electrical engineering.

Have you considered relocation? I think that more of us are going to have to consider changing locations like people did back in the great depression. I have heard that there are electrical engineering jobs in areas with fracking, i.e., North Dakota, Pennsylvania, etc.

Last edited:
Have you considered relocation? I think that more of us are going to have to consider changing locations like people did back in the great depression. I have heard that there are electrical engineering jobs in areas with fracking, i.e., North Dakota, Pennsylvania, etc.
This past week I was offered a fire alarm job in San Antonio, Texas. I turned it down. I'm gettin' all excited about goin' on the dole.........not really...........I turned it down because I live just down the street from my mothers nursing home and her doctor's gave her 2 years (at the most), which was a year-and-a-half ago. I'm not going anywhere in the next 6 months, even if I have to live in the bush outside her window.

Don't take this lying down. Keep up the search and do whatever it takes...The best of luck to you!
I sent out 3 more resume's today.

I even applied at an abortion clinic as a handyman. It's funny, the final question on the application was, "What is your definition of pro-choice in your own words?"

This was my reply (verbatum):

"I have no opinion on the abortion issue whatsoever. I don't carry babies; I don't have babies; it's not my call; it's not my dance. It is a total non-issue in my world".

I probably won't get that job.

Don't take this lying down. Keep up the search and do whatever it takes...The best of luck to you!

I even applied at an abortion clinic as a handyman. It's funny, the final question on the application was, "What is your definition of pro-choice in your own words?"

"I have no opinion on the abortion issue whatsoever. I don't carry babies; I don't have babies; it's not my call; it's not my dance. It is a total non-issue in my world".

do you think your response answered their question?

I have lost my job and hope to be on welfare soon.

I have constantly been employed, 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, since 1973. I've sent out resumes every day and my un-employment insurance is running out. I've applied for every kind of job imaginable. I've even applied for "general labor" jobs and have gotten no responses.

I've had no choice but to apply for welfare if I don't want to be living in the streets.

Now my question is, how can anyone consider I am a bum?

Good luck with finding a job. Despite the claims welfare is living high on the hog, the system is really not going to be as great for you as unemployment. It doesn't consider your expenses or past salaries. You don't get more for higher contributions. You will have problems getting it with large assets especially if you get help from family to keep them. Unless you have children and qualify for family assistance you will probably receive about 200 dollars a month which can only be spent on food. You will not get gas money to find a job. You will not get money to help you keep your car on the road. You won't even get help with public transportation to keep looking for a job. You will have trouble getting money for rent, and if you do you will probably need to be in section 8 housing. New clothes for interviews, forget it. Washing your old clothes so you do not stink in an interview, forget it. Oh, and wait until you apply for a job with some good pay and they check your credit rating and find out you have defaulted on credit cards and are on welfare, then you can forget those jobs. being on welfare is like having a criminal record when it comes to much more than minimum wage jobs.

If you can do without the 200 a month in food support I would suggest you do it. This is a label that employers can and do find out about. In a time when there are lots of prospective employees for jobs the label of being on welfare is a great way to get your resume tossed. Being on welfare is a great way to continue to be on welfare. Despite the claims many of those people are lazy and good for nothing, it really is not true. Many people take the support only to find out the stigma effects their future employment.

Just a bit of advice.

do you think your response answered their question?

I would say that answered the reason for the question. The question is obviously there to filter out opponents of abortion who might use any position in a clinic to harass the women seeing abortions, or to get private info about them and pass it on to their local communities. His answer says he does not care. As a handy man I do not think he will be required to perform abortions, but he would be potentially in contact with the women getting abortions, and he would probably be in contact with equipment that is required for them to continue operation. It is probably important for them to know he is not an anti-abortion activist in whatever way they can find out. Yes, he could lie, but if he is caught lying in response to the question when they interview him they most certainly will not hire him.

Good luck with finding a job. Despite the claims welfare is living high on the hog, the system is really not going to be as great for you as unemployment. It doesn't consider your expenses or past salaries. You don't get more for higher contributions. You will have problems getting it with large assets especially if you get help from family to keep them. Unless you have children and qualify for family assistance you will probably receive about 200 dollars a month which can only be spent on food. You will not get gas money to find a job. You will not get money to help you keep your car on the road. You won't even get help with public transportation to keep looking for a job. You will have trouble getting money for rent, and if you do you will probably need to be in section 8 housing. New clothes for interviews, forget it. Washing your old clothes so you do not stink in an interview, forget it. Oh, and wait until you apply for a job with some good pay and they check your credit rating and find out you have defaulted on credit cards and are on welfare, then you can forget those jobs. being on welfare is like having a criminal record when it comes to much more than minimum wage jobs.

If you can do without the 200 a month in food support I would suggest you do it. This is a label that employers can and do find out about. In a time when there are lots of prospective employees for jobs the label of being on welfare is a great way to get your resume tossed. Being on welfare is a great way to continue to be on welfare. Despite the claims many of those people are lazy and good for nothing, it really is not true. Many people take the support only to find out the stigma effects their future employment.

Just a bit of advice.
The welfare application was the social services worker's idea, not mine. I actually was in there to file for "disability", because I've been diagnosed with heart failure. If they approve my disability claim, he told me I'd get $1772/mo. After we got all that taken care of and I gave him the phone numbers for my medical records, he asked me if I applied for SSI? He said "anyone can apply for that" and I "might as well", in case I'm not approved for disability. Even if I do get approved, my first check won't come in until mid-December. In the meantime, I've might get my un-employment back until January 13, 2013.

What I'd like to do, is collect on all 3 at the same time. But that ain't gonna happen. I think they have software programs now that sniff out all your financial transactions with the government, because I recently had my un-employment benefits suspended for 9 weeks because I had gotten a job but was still collecting my unemployment checks. I didn't really realize it until they contacted me. I had gotten so much in the habit of filling out that claim form every week, that I stopped reading the questions and just put the "x"s in the same place from the week before. But one of those questions was, "did you get paid for any work this week?" My "x" said no, but the letter that came in the mail started out with the words, "According to your employer..."

I have no one to blame but myself. There are some things in life where there are no short cuts, you just have to take the time to do what you need to do.

Last edited:
My drout may be ending!​
I interviewed for a job a little over a week ago, but lost out to a stronger candidate. I've just been contacted by the recruiter, that the company needs another person and they remembered my interview went very well. I will know before the end of this week if this tree will bear fruit.

Damn, I was looking forward to going on the dole! Isn't that what all good liberals want?

Had us going there. Yes you are a bum.

Working all that time as an electrical engineer, you should have enough savings to last for years.

Gambling, women, or drugs?

Had us going there. Yes you are a bum.

Working all that time as an electrical engineer, you should have enough savings to last for years.

Gambling, women, or drugs?
Their names were Liza and Rhonda.

I went after Rhonda to get back at Liza. Big mistake!

Women are evil; men are stupid!

I have lost my job and hope to be on welfare soon.

I have constantly been employed, 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, since 1973. I've sent out resumes every day and my un-employment insurance is running out. I've applied for every kind of job imaginable. I've even applied for "general labor" jobs and have gotten no responses.

I've had no choice but to apply for welfare if I don't want to be living in the streets.

Now my question is, how can anyone consider I am a bum?

If you're a Republican, it's no problem at all.

Republican Rep. Dean Heller: Is the government now creating hobos?

GOP Wants Mandatory Drug Testing For Unemployed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mueucu5cMdk]Republicans To Unemployed: You're Spoiled, Drug-Taking Hobos & Animals, Who Shouldn't Breed. - YouTube[/ame]

-------------------------------------

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-jobs-moved-to-china-do-politicians-care.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...or-gop-how-to-outsource-us-jobs-to-china.html

Forum List

Back