I hope to be on welfare soon?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
I have lost my job and hope to be on welfare soon.

I have constantly been employed, 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, since 1973. I've sent out resumes every day and my un-employment insurance is running out. I've applied for every kind of job imaginable. I've even applied for "general labor" jobs and have gotten no responses.

I've had no choice but to apply for welfare if I don't want to be living in the streets.

Now my question is, how can anyone consider I am a bum?

I have constantly been employed, 40 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, since 1973. I've sent out resumes every day and my un-employment insurance is running out. I've applied for every kind of job imaginable. I've even applied for "general labor" jobs and have gotten no responses.

I've had no choice but to apply for welfare if I don't want to be living in the streets.

You will only be a bum when you start enjoying welfare and consider it your way of life.

It's been exactly a month for me, and I still haven't received my first UE check.
Talked to case worker today, should be retro'd in my acct next week.

Had an interview today.
I think we're too old and, therefore, considered too expensive

Your masters figure if you're over 50, and don't have a few hundred grand stashed away ,you are part of the 'little people'.
In the words of Henry Kissinger " a useless eater"
Is your flag in good condition ? The'll replace it if it isn't.

I don't know, but I do know they can refuse to give you welfare, we couldn't get it when my husband was unemployed, not even food stamps. I wish you luck.

It's been exactly a month for me, and I still haven't received my first UE check.
Talked to case worker today, should be retro'd in my acct next week.

Had an interview today.
I think we're too old and, therefore, considered too expensive

I just got hired after 14 months of looking.

Don't give up..take classes..expand your skill set.

Keep at it.

Don't give up.

I would consider you a bum after you decided that you no longer should have to even try. That welfare is somehow owed to you and that you should get whatever help you deem necessary until you die without ever having to look for another job.

The bum is not the person on welfare, the bum is the person that gets on welfare and decided to never become employed again. The bum is the one that tells me I need to get another job to pay more taxes because they should not be subject to any reforms. From your OP, you are not a bum (yet ;) )

Have you looked into getting a CDL? I don't know your area..but I use to drive a truck..and generally had plenty of work.

I find your choice of words curious...

I hope to be on welfare soon?

I inferred from the ‘?’ that the OP doesn’t want to be on public assistance, that indeed no one ‘wants’ to receive government benefits, as those hostile to welfare imply.

That was my first inclination, but the track record of USMB members using proper punctuation is rather grim...

Depending on where you live, poverty can be quite luxurious, if horrendously boring. You might have to move.

Have you looked into getting a CDL? I don't know your area..but I use to drive a truck..and generally had plenty of work.
I live in So Cal.............mecca of the hippie movement.

Unless you're from San Fran.

And if you are, all I have to say is, "We have Venice Beach, you don't!"

I would consider you a bum after you decided that you no longer should have to even try. That welfare is somehow owed to you and that you should get whatever help you deem necessary until you die without ever having to look for another job.

The bum is not the person on welfare, the bum is the person that gets on welfare and decided to never become employed again. The bum is the one that tells me I need to get another job to pay more taxes because they should not be subject to any reforms. From your OP, you are not a bum (yet ;) )
If welfare is the only way I can survive from day to day, then I will accept it as long as legally possible.

The moment I am offered a job, I will be taking that over welfare.

If welfare is the only way I can survive from day to day, then I will accept it as long as legally possible.

The moment I am offered a job, I will be taking that over welfare.

What is/was your line of work?

I understand Chick-fil-A is in need of more workers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back