I hope this is not a person question. But, I am going to ask it anyway

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
How many of you are out of job?
How long have you been out?
Are you still collecting unemployment
Did you have a savings for this to happen( I know we do)

On to us

I am a stay at home mom but would not have a problem going to work but Dh makes enough money he would rather me home but he wont be un happy if I got up one day to say I got a job
DH is retired military so he has a military check plus he works for another country. He has yet to be unemployed since retirement which we feel really blessed. I guess its the trade that the navy taught him has help.

On to us

I am a stay at home mom but would not have a problem going to work but Dh makes enough money he would rather me home but he wont be un happy if I got up one day to say I got a job
DH is retired military so he has a military check plus he works for another country. He has yet to be unemployed since retirement which we feel really blessed. I guess its the trade that the navy taught him has help.

I do not work. I have been retired since 2006.
I've been retied for 5 years.
Never collected unemployment.
Yes. I was fortunate and saved wisely for my retirement. I also sold a small business when I retired.

I too am retired from the Navy and so is my wife. She is also a retired person who saved wisely for her retirement. We live on a small farm in northwestern Illinois and we too feel we are blessed. The Navy was good for me and also for my wife but it was not my only means of support. Now, about being blessed. I feel more blessed than my wife does cause just about every day she blesses me out...:lol:

On to us

I hope this is not a person question

It isn't if I'm a robot......... :eusa_whistle:

I lost my job in May of 2009. I have a problem in my past that makes getting a job very hard in the best of times (I have been told by several temp agencies they can't even look at me until Jan 2013)
I have savings and an inheritance and I attended school on your dime for two years. I also got unemployment.

Prior to that I had a very nice job that paid a lot, where I worked for 13 years.

I finally got a job making peanuts compared to what I made before the "event" happened.

At least I want to work for my peanuts...

I spent days and weeks looking for work but got the same response to any job that was beneath my feet "you're over qualified for this position."

What does that mean exactly anyways?

"I view you as a threat and we're seeking sheep that are too dumb to do the interview job I'm doing now?"

I swear those that interview deny those who they believe to be more capable and intelligent than they are for job security reasons.

It hurts me to see people being passed up who would take any job they can passed up because they're too damn intelligent and the the retards acknowledge it and choose not to hire the potential asset.

On to us

I work two jobs.
I collect unemployment over the holidays.
Almost impossible to save anything while raising a child and not having Medical Ins.

I finally got a job making peanuts compared to what I made before the "event" happened.

At least I want to work for my peanuts...

I spent days and weeks looking for work but got the same response to any job that was beneath my feet "you're over qualified for this position."

What does that mean exactly anyways?

"I view you as a threat and we're seeking sheep that are too dumb to do the interview job I'm doing now?"

I swear those that interview deny those who they believe to be more capable and intelligent than they are for job security reasons.

It hurts me to see people being passed up who would take any job they can passed up because they're too damn intelligent and the the retards acknowledge it and choose not to hire the potential asset.

"Over qualified' means you've made more money in the past than your prospective employer wants to pay and he thinks you'll take a better job when one comes along and be outta there.

It also can mean that you're too old, too fat, too short, too tall, too (pale - brown - black - yellow - red or whatever), or you don't look like somebody who would sleep with the boss.

To address the OP, Mr. Foxfyre and I have run our own small business for the past several years but had been intentionally slowing down hoping to retire for some time now. We had pretty well pared down to about half time, but because of our extensive experience, competence of product, and reputation, we were aware that we were still getting most of the available work in this really bad economy. Our competitors were younger, more needy, had families to support, etc.

So late last year we closed down the biz to make work available for those who needed it more. And it was a good reason to go ahead and retire which we wanted to do anyway.

Forum List

Back