I Hope Obama Keeps Attacking Fox News

Interesting perspective:

"Last week, when White House communications director Anita Dunn charged the Fox News Channel with right-wing bias, Fox responded the way it always does. It denied the accusation with a straight face while proceeding to confirm it with its coverage.

Take a look at Fox's own Web story on the episode. It begins by quoting a Fox News senior vice president named Michael Clemente, who says: "It's astounding the White House cannot distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part." Then it quotes David Gergen, the gravelly voice of Washington's conventional wisdom, who says the attack diminishes President Obama and works to Fox's benefit. Then we hear from Tony Blankley, Newt Gingrich's former press secretary and a frequent Fox contributor, who agrees that criticizing Fox makes no sense: "Fox has an audience of not just conservatives. They've got liberals and moderates who watch too." Then a White House correspondent for Politico echoes the claim that the controversy will boost Fox's ratings. Then comes an old quote from Fox anchor Chris Wallace, who calls Obama's team "the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington." Then the story's anonymous author cites a joke Obama made at the White House Correspondents Dinner as evidence "that Fox News has gotten under his skin." Finally, the piece cites a Pew study that suggested that while Fox was equally negative about John McCain and Obama during the last six weeks of the 2008 campaign, CNN was more negative about McCain.

Let's do a quick study of our own. Five people are quoted in this article. Two of them work for Fox. All of them assert that administration officials are either wrong in substance or politically foolish to criticize the network. No one is cited supporting Dunn's criticisms or saying that it could make sense, morally or politically, for Obama to challenge the network's power. It's a textbook example of a biased news story."

Obama's right. It's time to stop taking Fox's skewed news seriously. - By Jacob Weisberg - Slate Magazine

You missed this:
"It's astounding the White House cannot distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part."

And apparently it's a problem you and all other libtards share. There's a difference between NEWS and OPINION programming.

The piece you offer is an OPINION. And you're too stupid to know it.

First point: Apparently, I didn't "miss it" - I actually linked an article with that same claim. The claim that was made in a a decidely one-sided "news story" that Fox ran to counter the notion that they are one-sided.

Second point: I called the piece "an interesting perspective"

Perspective: " view, vista or outlook; The appearance of depth in objects, especially as perceived using binocular vision; The technique of representing three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface; The choice of a single point of view from which to sense, categorize, measure or codify experience."

Apparently I understood (and still understand) that the piece I quoted was opinion since I clearly labeled it as such. Your failure to recognize this - coupled with your insistence that I am the who showed stupidity - is ironic.

It is typical among many to resort to name-calling when the evidence doesn't support their position. I've never found these folks very persuasive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back