I Hope Obama Keeps Attacking Fox News

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
I voted for Obama because I thought his narcisstic hope, change messages, borrowed from Bill Clinton, would collide with Congress as Clinton's did, and we'd have the sort of gridlock that helped create peace & prosperity in the 90s. Contrasted to the big gov't Medicare Drug, No Child Left Behind Bush years, I realized the best way to limit gov't is not with libertarian or GOP politicians, but to have an atmosphere in Washington where everyone wants to fight with each other.

But little did I know that he would be this petty - to start a battle with a TV network - it's like he's giving us all we asked for and then some. It's only going to weaken him further, he looks like a two-bit Congressman by doing this, not a President. It's about as dignified as him walking out in the front of the press corps and taking a dump.

Let's hope Obama keeps it up, because he'll keep weakening himself and his ability to get anything done, which will earn him my vote in 2012. And as we learned in the mid to late 90s, the less gov't does, the more everyone else gets done.

If he were attacking Fox for becoming something comparable to US magazine, that would be one thing, and I might even agree with him. Fox is not what it once was.

But the truth of the matter is, he attacks them because they dare to report on things he'd rather were not reported on. That's the problem.

When CNN began to lose ratings and credibility they did the smart thing and returned to responsible (or semi-responsible) journalism. They began to (mostly) identify commentators and editorial pieces as just that, instead of lying and calling it straight news. They slowed down the squashing of real news stories, and started reporting them again...albeit with a slight bent, but still, they were at least giving them air time.

The embarassing, mistaken, calling of the Kerry/Bush election was a big wake up call for them, and the rest of mainstream media, and it did more to improve media coverage in this country than anything has ever done. Rather's lying spoofs were considered isolated incidents, and thus didn't really make much of a difference to anyone.

But when it became obvious that ALL the major networks were indulging in yellow journalism and flat out lies, IN ADDITION to burying real news, it resulted in an improvement overall.

They still bury news, which is disgusting. But at the end of the day, Obama isn't "exposing" Fox. He's blackballing it in the hopes of gaining control over the media.

And that's very, very dangerous.

Don't get too excited. The gridlock for Clinton didn't begin to occur until '94. Let's see what happens in the 2010 election cycle.

Obama isn't "exposing" Fox. He's blackballing it in the hopes of gaining control over the media.
He thinks he's like "Cool Hand Luke" trying to play a big bluff, with nothing in his hand. It worked in the movie, but won't work here. Because in this game, the media doesn't fold its hand, doesn't get up and walk away from the table either. And will still be at the table long after you leave the White House.

Of course, his lackey followers and sycophants like what he's doing, which is his actual intent -- to play to his base. But without any cards, any substance, he will lose in the end.

He should have learned all of this from Nixon.

Last edited:
Obama thinks he knows more than the rest of the world put together...

Oh, aside from his mentors and heroes, tyrants and terrorists all....

But you're dead on and I'm impressed you made the connection. All he's doing is bringing out the REAL journalists and encouraging them to risk all to expose truth at all costs. I actually find it rather exciting. There are those on the left who do nothing but kowtow to leftist ideals and administrations.....but there is a whole other population of real journalists who see it as a challenge to report REAL news, often at the risk of their jobs and lives, to report breaking stories, regardless of who is exposed.

If AB and MM are the typical competition for the Obamabots, then the Obies are going to massacre the rightwing opposition next year.

If AB and MM are the typical competition for the Obamabots, then the Obies are going to massacre the rightwing opposition next year.

I wouldn't be so sure. According to Fox News, there were something like a kajillion people at the Tea Party in DC. These folks have QUITE a following....

Obie isn't attacking Fox News, he's just putting them in their place. In a sort of irrelevant yet shrill pigeon hole where they belong.

This administration isn't taking anymore shit from Fox News. I like that.

I voted for Obama because I thought his narcisstic hope, change messages, borrowed from Bill Clinton, would collide with Congress as Clinton's did, and we'd have the sort of gridlock that helped create peace & prosperity in the 90s. Contrasted to the big gov't Medicare Drug, No Child Left Behind Bush years, I realized the best way to limit gov't is not with libertarian or GOP politicians, but to have an atmosphere in Washington where everyone wants to fight with each other.

But little did I know that he would be this petty - to start a battle with a TV network - it's like he's giving us all we asked for and then some. It's only going to weaken him further, he looks like a two-bit Congressman by doing this, not a President. It's about as dignified as him walking out in the front of the press corps and taking a dump.

Let's hope Obama keeps it up, because he'll keep weakening himself and his ability to get anything done, which will earn him my vote in 2012. And as we learned in the mid to late 90s, the less gov't does, the more everyone else gets done.

I guess you forgot that things didn't get better while Clinton was in office until the Republicans took control of Congress in 1995. By voting for Obama, you've given a filibuster-proof majority to one party until at least January 2011. Sure there are politicians fighting with each other, but it doesn't make any difference whatsoever because the Democrats have the votes and they know it. Using your logic, you should have voted for McCain to maintain the gridlock.

why would him calling fauxnews what it is keep him from doing anything? do you really think the people who voted for him care?

People who hate government shouldn't run government.

I, too, sincerely hope that Obama continues his attack upon Fox News. It makes him look soooooooo smart. I mean, why be David when you can be Goliath, right? :eusa_angel:

Oh... wait... :disbelief: ....:lol::lol::lol:

Obie isn't attacking Fox News, he's just putting them in their place. In a sort of irrelevant yet shrill pigeon hole where they belong.

Riiiight....Attacking the media worked sooooo well for Nixon, didn't it? :rolleyes:

I just said, he isn't attacking them, if Fox News doesn't want to play nice, they can be relegated to some obscure place in the extreme rightwingnut media. This administration doesn't have to acknowledge Fox.

What's next, do you feel that Obama has to acknowledge WND as well?

Riiiight....Attacking the media worked sooooo well for Nixon, didn't it? :rolleyes:

I just said, he isn't attacking them, if Fox News doesn't want to play nice, they can be relegated to some obscure place in the extreme rightwingnut media. This administration doesn't have to acknowledge Fox.

What do you mean they don't want to play nice?...There's a vast difference between the likes of Chris Wallace or Carl Cameron and Beck or Hannity. In fact, Boyking did a sit-down with O'Reilly during the campaign.

But hey....I'm all for him continuing on the path he's following, it makes him look like the petty, craven little wuss that he is.

Fox news picked their side and that's fine. They exercise their freedom to broadcast their opinion and folks within the Obama administration are free to express theirs.

No sense whining about "attacks from the W.H."

If they are free to fire at will - then the folks they target are certainly free to fire back. Expecting anything else is juvenile.

Fox news picked their side and that's fine. They exercise their freedom to broadcast their opinion and folks within the Obama administration are free to express theirs.

No sense whining about "attacks from the W.H."

If they are free to fire at will - then the folks they target are certainly free to fire back. Expecting anything else is juvenile.
You wouldn't be saying that garbage if Shrubbie and his neoconettes went out after the NY Times or CBS.

In fact, I bet a dollar to a dog turd that you'd be wetting your pants about it.

What do you mean they don't want to play nice?...There's a vast difference between the likes of Chris Wallace or Carl Cameron and Beck or Hannity. In fact, Boyking did a sit-down with O'Reilly during the campaign.

But hey....I'm all for him continuing on the path he's following, it makes him look like the petty, craven little wuss that he is.

He did sit down with OReilly. It was a better deal for OReilly than it was for Obama tho. Obama was reaching out.

I can't stomach Chris Wallace either. No idea who Carl Cameron is, I don't watch Fox, I never have.

Forum List

Back