I hope cable TV dies!

Great information for someone like me trying to make up my mind if I want to get rid of cable. our cable costs are over a S100 a month but we do have the higher packages.

I would recommend buying a Roku 3 device - Amazon.com Roku 3 Streaming Media Player Electronics
With a Netflix subscription and perhaps HuluPlus if you like network comedy shows - there is a ton of options to watch content. Roku also has 100's of other channels that you can put on your home page if you want, or not. You don't see them if you don't want to.
Also - and this is a GREAT feature, it has search capabilities that searches ALL channels for whatever you search for.
It also has solid options for renting new movies in full HD.
And at a small investment to buy the device - you can easily watch 10,000's of shows and movies for just the $9 a month Netflix subscription.
If you try it, you won't go back. Few do.
The disadvantage is no local channels (will soon change) and no NFL sports (also soon to change, probably by the 2015 season NFL Ticket will be streaming)
Once this happens - whey the heck would anyone still have cable?

I have heard of Roku and one of my friends has it. But like someone else said, you can't get the weekly shows say, NCIS in real time can you? that might seem petty but we don't go out as much anymore and watch a few series, like the NCIS and a couple others
That's exactly what I was saying. You get it.They don't. Someday someone might do it. But it is not on anyone's radar from what I have seen.

Forum List

Back