I Heart Target

Judging from what I've read, are we discussing a pikey, lower-end department store? In the U.K we call them £Stretcher. I wouldn't even let my mother in-law be seen dead in there.

You guys have a store called pound stretcher? That sounds like some kind of weight-loss program.

One day, it'll be called euro stretcher.

We also, so I'm told, have a Pound Squeezer, Penny Shaver, Shilling Stomper - all commonly known as, for obvious reasons, 'welfare warehouse's'.

And I sincerely doubt the U.K will ever consider joining the eurozone. Germany are already showing signs of regretting it.

"Welfare warehouse"... :lol: I know what I'm calling Walmart from now on.

If anyone would know about welfare, it would be a brit, since about 90 percent of the population of britain is on some sort of dole.

I shop at Goodwill. I get all that impulse buy stuff you guys waste your money on for pennies to the dollar.

Lil Echo's too small unworn Sock Monkey socks at the local thrift - 10 cents.

Last week I bought a brand new tres trendy and stylish blue knapsack at Boomerangs, the coolest resale shop in New England for $4. and in a side pocket I found two mechanical pencils and $14. 56 in bills and change.

I do that, too. If I go to Salvation Army or St. Vincent de Paul before I hit the store, I can save a load of mullah.

College kid works at Target, so we gets an extra 10% off using her employee discount. And their 'earn 1,000 points and get a 10% off card in the mail' program has changed to 'automatically get 5% off your purchase if you use your Target Visa.'

Last edited:
I like the way Target displays their 'seasonal' merchandise. I was in our local Target last week and happened into the Christmas section, looking for lights. Everything is always well organized and easy to find. Except I wasn't happy with the selection of Christmas lights. Not Target's fault by any means ... I've found the same thing everywhere I shop. All the new Christmas lights are LED! I hate them! I want some good old-fashioned Christmas lights!

What I love about going to my Target, is my favorite store is in the same general parking lot. Annie's Hallmark. Now there is a place I could easily spend hundreds in, in just a few short minutes.

It was hard for me to make the transition, but LED's are far superior to old school Christmas lights. I can't tell you how many times I climbed on an icy roof to replace bulbs or fuses and almost died. LED's don't burn out and use a fraction of the power that traditional lights do. They don't start kicking breakers or blowing fuses.

I shop at Goodwill. I get all that impulse buy stuff you guys waste your money on for pennies to the dollar.

Lil Echo's too small unworn Sock Monkey socks at the local thrift - 10 cents.

Last week I bought a brand new tres trendy and stylish blue knapsack at Boomerangs, the coolest resale shop in New England for $4. and in a side pocket I found two mechanical pencils and $14. 56 in bills and change.

You gave the money to the goodwill as charity of course.

Well...I am a guy...so naturally I hate Target and every other giant box store.
I would rather pay $.25 more for what I want and buy it from someone who knows my name.

um, what did Target do that they should be boycotted?

Um. Where did anyone say they're boycotting Target?
the OP talked about "not boycotting"

so i'm wondering just what they did to warrant a boycott in the first place

All I can recall was a rumor running around that Target wouldn't participate in Toys for Tots or something like that and a bunck of outraged folks were going to boycott......but that was a few years back.

Added: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Um. Where did anyone say they're boycotting Target?
the OP talked about "not boycotting"

so i'm wondering just what they did to warrant a boycott in the first place

All I can recall was a rumor running around that Target wouldn't participate in Toys for Tots or something like that and a bunck of outraged folks were going to boycott......but that was a few years back.

Added: snopes.com: Rumors About Target
yeah, i knew about that one, but like you said, it was a few years ago

Forum List

Back