I Heart Boobies Ban Spurs Lawsuit

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
PHILADELPHIA -- A free-speech lawsuit is being filed against a Pennsylvania school district that bans the popular "I (heart) boobies" bracelets.

The American Civil Liberties Union says the Easton Area School District ban violates students' First Amendment rights.

The suit filed Monday says two middle school students received in-school suspensions last month for wearing bracelets that say, "I (Heart) Boobies. Keep a Breast."

School officials call the rubber jewelry distracting and demeaning.

The ACLU says the bracelets are perhaps irreverent, but not indecent.

School districts in Wyoming, Florida and California have run into similar disputes.

The bracelets are sold by a California nonprofit to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer organizations.

Pennsylvania School Sued for Banning 'Boobies' Bracelets - FoxNews.com

Schools are permitted to enforce dress codes as they see fit. It amazes me what people feel are the most pressing issues in education today. :cuckoo:

Comments?

Definitely silly. You can understand the message on the bracelet immediately. It is a cute strategy to focus attention on breast cancer.

Last edited:
But is a ban worthy of a lawsuit? Schools make judgment calls every day. Some people may disagree. Oh well. Should administrators have to waste valuable time giving depositions on such silliness? Should taxpayer dollars be wasted on lawyers fighting the ACLU?

Last edited:
But is a ban worthy of a lawsuit? Schools make judgment calls every day. Some people may disagree. Oh well. Should administrators have to waste valuable time giving depositions on such silliness? Should taxpayer dollars be wasted on lawyers fighting the ACLU?

While I do understand where you are coming from....

It seems to me that the school board or Admin of the school should probably NOT HAVE A BAN on bracelets in the first place...I mean, what the heck?

Why in the world would there be a ban on a bracelet such as this?

I do think suing is going overboard and a waste of money, but 10-1 the parents of all children in the school, would probably NOT object to anyone supporting the cause of breast cancer awareness or wearing these bracelets.

Why did the school feel the need to be overbearing in this manner for something like this?

Being childless, maybe I am missing something?

It seems to me that the school board or Admin of the school should probably NOT HAVE A BAN on bracelets in the first place...I mean, what the heck?

I do think suing is going overboard and a waste of money, but 10-1 the parents of all children in the school, would probably NOT object to anyone supporting the cause of breast cancer awareness or wearing these bracelets.

Why did the school feel the need to be overbearing in this manner for something like this?

Because the bracelets say 'boobies'. And 'breast'. tee hee

Oh Jimminey Cricket!

Seriously?

Oh Jimminey Cricket!

Seriously?

Can't think of any other reason why, can you? Imagine the giggles the kids get when they read the bracelets out loud. 'Boobies! Boobies!'. Do they ban kids who wear bracelets for other causes or just this one? If just this one . . . the school has a fear of words I guess.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't like tits to the point they'd throw a kid out of school for expressing the love of them should be sued.

Schools always do stupid shit like this. One girl got suspended for having a 69 t-shirt and didn't know what the slang term meant

Schools always do stupid shit like this. One girl got suspended for having a 69 t-shirt and didn't know what the slang term meant

What can you expect? Who has the free time to sit on the school board but repressed and bottle fed former hall monitors? Moral turpitude my ass. If they ever got any ass they'd have something better to think about than torturing the children.

Bracelets may be part of the dress code. I heart boobies t-shirts might also be a distraction, The same might be said of "I heart penises" in support of testicular camcer. I'd also like to add that students are usually not permitted to sell anything at school that is not approved no matter how worthy the cause. These are middle schoolers. Thinking about boobies or even cancer can be distracting. Silly perhaps, but I'm tired of every single disagreement
being litigated. Imagine if every decision you had to make during the day had to be run by the lawyers first. No wonder kids have no respect for rules.

chanel is just disappointed because she can't buy an I (heart) sweaty balls bracelet to help raise awareness for testicular cancer.

manboobies.jpg

Forum List

Back