I hearby condemn the message of Westboro Baptist Church

And Westboro didn't protest a funeral. They protested AT or DURING a funeral.

So what were they protesting? The sun? Mars? Prieuses? Ford Pintos? their "church" league softball umpires? breast feeding? bottle feeding? cemeteries? the Humane Society? vampires?
Gays mostly.

WTH? How would you argue the stance without knowing anything about the opposition that you are arguing against?

Who will join me?

Careful – the conservatives will accuse you of ‘condemning free speech.’

I dont think ANY conservative on this board supports Westboro. They are very hateful group and wish they would just go away .. the supreme court however said what they do is free speech so I dont understand why the guy who made the film about islam is not.. Just wondering what is the difference is..

Westboro and their leader are nothing more than gay bashing homophobes who are using the war dead as a way to express their displeasure with the gay lifestyle. One of their beliefs is that God is punishing America for the gays by having lots of our military come back dead from wars.

They were supposed to show up in Amarillo this morning to protest a funeral of a local soldier who was killed in a green on blue killing.

But...................I guess they decided to back down when they saw that not only are there Banditos (a motorcycle club) here, but there are quite a few others as well.

All of them support the military btw. Learned that while I was working here in Amarillo from 1999 until 2002 at the MEPS, and lots of them would seek me out to see if I could help some of their kids get into the Navy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back