I have two bones to pick with you guys. One for the left and one on the right.

We'll start with the left.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

Hypocrisy? Now thats funny considering the source.

Santorum's positions define intolerance; faith is his business. If he wants to translate the Ward Cleaver style positions into law, people have a right to oppose. That the positions are so out of step with the 20th century (never mind the 21st), mockery is the proper response. I keep going back to his statement about a time when he was 7 years old and supposedly thought to himself (regarding his late Grandfather), "His hands dug freedom for me." Yeah...he really had that thought when he was 7. Santorum is basically a Gingrich in the making. When he's playing celebrity golf next year and is commenting on Fox, he'll be endorsing childhood janitorial apprenticeships too; we've just not had time to hear all of his silly ideas yet.

As for your other point...

The right hates Obama because he is black. Pure and simple. He killed the #1 terrorist in the world and Mudwhistle called it a mistake. Look it up if you don't believe me. We're no longer fighting in Iraq. The right called it a mistake. We aided Libyan rebels. It was called a mistake. When he's a hawk, the right jumps on him. When he's a dove, the right jumps on him. It's because he's black and no other reason. Lets not even talk about the birther issue where someone from the right called him a Kenyan earlier this month. Bripat (I believe) agreed.

While I agree that Santorums ideas on birth control are nutty I hardly see the imposition on others that many claim he wants to impose.

As far as your other claim..... Only idiots traffic in such nonsense.

So....mudwhistle calling our killing of Osama Bin Laden a "mistake" is something you agree with? Really? Why?

Did you or any Republican ever ask about any Presidential birth certificate before Barak Obama became your President? Really? When?

Did you or any Republican ever contest the religious faith of any President before Bark Obama became your President? Really? Who?

Santorum's positions define intolerance; faith is his business. If he wants to translate the Ward Cleaver style positions into law, people have a right to oppose. That the positions are so out of step with the 20th century (never mind the 21st), mockery is the proper response. I keep going back to his statement about a time when he was 7 years old and supposedly thought to himself (regarding his late Grandfather), "His hands dug freedom for me." Yeah...he really had that thought when he was 7. Santorum is basically a Gingrich in the making. When he's playing celebrity golf next year and is commenting on Fox, he'll be endorsing childhood janitorial apprenticeships too; we've just not had time to hear all of his silly ideas yet.

The right hates Obama because he is black. Pure and simple. He killed the #1 terrorist in the world and Mudwhistle called it a mistake. Look it up if you don't believe me. We're no longer fighting in Iraq. The right called it a mistake. We aided Libyan rebels. It was called a mistake. When he's a hawk, the right jumps on him. When he's a dove, the right jumps on him. It's because he's black and no other reason. Lets not even talk about the birther issue where someone from the right called him a Kenyan earlier this month. Bripat (I believe) agreed.

While I agree that Santorums ideas on birth control are nutty I hardly see the imposition on others that many claim he wants to impose.

So....mudwhistle calling our killing of Osama Bin Laden a "mistake" is something you agree with? Really? Why?

Did you or any Republican ever ask about any Presidential birth certificate before Barak Obama became your President? Really? When?

Did you or any Republican ever contest the religious faith of any President before Bark Obama became your President? Really? Who?

Key word YOU

I'm not responsible for the remarks of others.

Key word YOU

Way to run and hide from the engagement....typical.

Key word YOU

I'm hiding from nothing. Unlike many I realize its not my job to be a father to other posters individually. If you have a problem with Mudwhistle or anyone else take it up with them not me.

All the hate and mockery topics about Santorum and his religious beliefs. You scream about tolerance in all areas until a devout Christian speaks his mind. He has made it clear they are his beliefs and that is the extent of it. But you all post hate topics non stop. I'm not a believer but I am of the mind that to each his own. Many of you on the other hand can't seem to grasp the hypocrisy of your positions.

Now the right....

We have both soldiers and captives (in Egypt) in harms way. Yet many of you are all to happy to jump on the Obama is a fuck up bandwagon and critique or even slam the way he is dealing with the holy book situation. Lives are at stake and NO ONE knows if the way he is handling it may end up saving lives or torture of captives. We have plenty of reasons to want Obama out and this isn't one of them.

Playing in the mud can be fun on here but to me both of these issues are over the top when they are addressed in such a frivolous manner.

Actually Santorum's views on birth control aren't all that nutty if we set aside political correctness and employ strict intellectual honesty.

He has never said that birth control is immoral or should be illegal. He has said that government distribution of condoms or other contraceptives to kids is a form of sanctioning and/or encouraging kids to have sex. I agree completely.

He has said that those who do not embrace self restrain and self discipline and pesonal responsibility and have kids outside of marriage is a very large factor in poverty, most especially child poverty, in America. The government should not be encouraging that either. I agree completely.

He has never said that contraceptives should be denied anybody. He has said that it is not a proper function of the federal government to provide them. I agree completely.

He does oppose abortion for any reason other than to save the life of the mother which is a normal position for a good Catholic to take whether or not all Catholics concur. He has not said that the Federal government should ban abortion but that it is not a proper function of the federal government to pay for them. I agree completely.

Old fashioned, moralistic on the subject, and 'extreme' by modern day standards, he is a bit. In the 1950's, politicians were expected to hold the values he holds.

You are absolutely right, however, that the left is playing the race card for all they can get out of it to paint any criticism of President Obama as racist. I guess it is because that we are all so racist that we love Allan West, Herman Cain, Walter Williams, Shelby Steele, Thomas Sowell, Starr Parker, William Raspberry, and so many other great Americans who happen to also be black.

Key word YOU

I'm hiding from nothing. Unlike many I realize its not my job to be a father to other posters individually. If you have a problem with Mudwhistle or anyone else take it up with them not me.

You don't think my assessment of the right's subtle racism is correct but refuse to engage on all of the factual evidence I bring up; calling the execution of OBL a "mistake", the birther issue, and the religion issue.

If nothing else, you can denounce those who harbor such blatantly idiotic views. Its obvious why you do not: it has nothing to do about being a "father", it has everything to do with your personal distaste for Mr. Obama. How sad.:eusa_whistle:

Now the right....

Santorum would have his views become law if he could find a way. This is why he is so scary. He definitely is not a conservative as he would see government force his personal beliefs on everyone if it were possible. And his personal beliefs are what is driving his campaign. Take those away and he would have near zero support.

You don't think my assessment of the right's subtle racism is correct but refuse to engage on all of the factual evidence I bring up; calling the execution of OBL a "mistake", the birther issue, and the religion issue.

If nothing else, you can denounce those who harbor such blatantly idiotic views. Its obvious why you do not: it has nothing to do about being a "father", it has everything to do with your personal distaste for Mr. Obama. How sad.:eusa_whistle:

I have denounced blatant racism everytime I see it on here. Fact.

As far as his education and how it was paid for, that's a fair question he refuses to answer.

As for his birth place I have also denounced the idiocy of the issue when its brought up in a serious context.

It's not my job to police the board any more than its yours to police me.

Actually Santorum's views on birth control aren't all that nutty if we set aside political correctness and employ strict intellectual honesty.

He has never said that birth control is immoral or should be illegal. He has said that government distribution of condoms or other contraceptives to kids is a form of sanctioning and/or encouraging kids to have sex. I agree completely.

He has said that those who do not embrace self restrain and self discipline and pesonal responsibility and have kids outside of marriage is a very large factor in poverty, most especially child poverty, in America. The government should not be encouraging that either. I agree completely.

He has never said that contraceptives should be denied anybody. He has said that it is not a proper function of the federal government to provide them. I agree completely.

He does oppose abortion for any reason other than to save the life of the mother which is a normal position for a good Catholic to take whether or not all Catholics concur. He has not said that the Federal government should ban abortion but that it is not a proper function of the federal government to pay for them. I agree completely.

Old fashioned, moralistic on the subject, and 'extreme' by modern day standards, he is a bit. In the 1950's, politicians were expected to hold the values he holds.

You are absolutely right, however, that the left is playing the race card for all they can get out of it to paint any criticism of President Obama as racist. I guess it is because that we are all so racist that we love Allan West, Herman Cain, Walter Williams, Shelby Steele, Thomas Sowell, Starr Parker, William Raspberry, and so many other great Americans who happen to also be black.

The "birther" issue never came up with any other President. The religion issue never was raised to this degree for any other President. Deny it all you want...please tell us what the difference is between the Right's reaction to Mr. Obama's birthplace and religion v. that of Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy (although his Catholicism was an issue for some--nothing like the subtle injection of Islam into the 2012 race) , Truman, FDR...etc. Call it the "race card" if you want. The right played it first; continues to play it, and the OP can' be bothered with denouncing those who play it. Silence is consent. The only reason that presents itself for the lack of condemning those with these views is a personal hatred for Mr. Obama.

As for "not the government's role", okay....when you don't interdict unwanted pregnancies, what do you think happens to those kids when they grow up? They occupy a prison cell more often than not. I guess you think THAT is the government's responsibility. The difference is that it's costing, as I recall, $30,000+ a year to house the unwanted adult in a prison. Comparatively speaking, the birth control devices funded by the Title grants costs pennies per recipient. One of the pills in our formulary costs less than ten cents a cycle...one month of birth control for less than $0.10.

As far as his education and how it was paid for, that's a fair question he refuses to answer.

As for his birth place I have also denounced the idiocy of the issue when its brought up in a serious context.

Sure you do....NOT. I had to goad you into it this time; otherwise you would have done it yesterday or whenever I responded.

Oh and as far as religion I simply don't care what he is. Nor do I even know. Religion is a farce and a personal choice thus making it none of my business until its forced upon me or govt interferes with their rights.

Other than that I couldn't care less.

Sure you do....NOT. I had to goad you into it this time; otherwise you would have done it yesterday or whenever I responded.

You're so full of it. I call out the loons on the right ALL THE TIME. Just the other day I hammered Matthew and shortly after that I called out vampire for his Islam hate in his Sig. ISLAM! I FUCKING DEFENDED ISLAM.

Just who the fuck you think you are baffles me. Just because you don't see me do something doesn't mean I'm not doing it.

Now go crawl back in your fucking hole.

You're so full of it. I call out the loons on the right ALL THE TIME. Just the other day I hammered Matthew and shortly after that I called out vampire for his Islam hate in his Sig. ISLAM! I FUCKING DEFENDED ISLAM.

Just who the fuck you think you are baffles me. Just because you don't see me do something doesn't mean I'm not doing it.

Now go crawl back in your fucking hole.

You're just pissed because I call you out on your hypocrisy. Stop being a hypocrite and it will cease.

Forum List

Back