CDZ I have to wonder how prevalent hypocrisy on abortion is....

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Xelor, Oct 8, 2017.

1. OldLady

OldLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,832
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, Joe. If you think I'm in anyway supporting the senator on this, you're wrong.

2. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,055
    That he had an extramarital affair isn't something for which I'd chide him or anyone, provided they didn't hold themselves out as, or accept accolades for, being some sort of champion of "family values."

There are, after all, plenty of political strategists, lobbyists and PR professionals who will own the fact that they are mercenaries for the "issue" for which they advocate, and as such they are well paid to do as good a job as they can. A classic example of that is a defense attorney who argues a case well enough to secure a "not guilty" verdict for his client whom s/he knows is guilty. But those folks aren't pretending that they are doing anything other than being paid to advance a point of view.

Whether one has license to "throw stones" depends on at whom one is throwing them and how that person comported and represented themselves.
    • The male pastor who condemns homosexual intimacy as an abomination and is then found having an affair with another man, is a dude at whom one can hurl "boulders."
    • The politician who claims to have all the answers and be the greatest and then can't get a damn thing of note accomplished is fair game for all the "target practice."
    • The neighbor who admits they just don't have concern or knack for gardening and whose yard reflects as much but is at kept "tidy" to the standard of the neighborhood minimum doesn't deserve to be chided or despised, for s/he has owned his fault.
    That is, for me at least, one way to know when I'm dealing with a person of high integrity. They don't hold themselves out to be that which they are not, and they don't even attempt to put "lipstick on the pigs" that are their flaws.