I have to agree with Gingrich

I blame Bush for two things, hiding the cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars, and not raising taxes when revenues fell drastically. Unfortunately, the second one would have been difficult to do. The writing was on the wall that the economy was tanking. Raising taxes at that point would have just made things worse, but this goes to show that the rates were reduced too much to begin with.

There are dozens of Liberals, on this site alone, that know about the cost of the war.

Not a very closely-guarded secret......
:eusa_hand:

Aaaaand since that wouldn't be the point?

President Bush didn't include said wars in his budget, thereby passing a huge debt spike to President Obama, who did put it back on the books, but all his detractors said ALL the debt was ALL his fault.

There ya go. I put a bow on it and everything. :)

I blame Bush for two things, hiding the cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars, and not raising taxes when revenues fell drastically. Unfortunately, the second one would have been difficult to do. The writing was on the wall that the economy was tanking. Raising taxes at that point would have just made things worse, but this goes to show that the rates were reduced too much to begin with.

There are dozens of Liberals, on this site alone, that know about the cost of the war.

President Bush didn't include said wars in his budget, thereby passing a huge debt spike to President Obama, who did put it back on the books, but all his detractors said ALL the debt was ALL his fault.

But the numbers WERE figured in to our debt.
:eusa_shhh:
(bow unraveled)

(bow unraveled)

Hammer and tongs, or agree to disagree?

(bow unraveled)

Hammer and tongs, or agree to disagree?

The costs of the simultaneous wars weren't figured in to the Defense Department's budget, no.
BUT....c'mon you knew there'd be a but :D
BUT we would pass a separate "emergency spending" bill each year, so the monies were still appropriated and accounted for AND calculated into our total debt.

While the money wasn't "budgeted" it was still accounted for.

But, hey.....at least Bush had a fucking budget.
How's that coming along, so far, Harry??
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back