I have to agree with Gingrich

How is Obama a career politician? He didn't even finish his one Senate term!

Senator is the only job in the world that politicians do ?

What other political position did he hold. None. He wasn't a mayor, a governor, a congressman. Career politicians hold political positions for many, many years.

He was a state senator(1/2 term) before he was a US senator(1/2 term). The idiot is as inexperienced as they come. Thanks for pointing it out. He has no business or political experience to speak of. He's a populist moron riding a wave of feelings.

He's a post turtle.

This is a typically stupid argument from Republicans.

When their candidate does not have a long history in elective politics, they slam the Democrat as a career politician.

When their candidate does have a long history in elective politics, they tout that as a vital experience that the country needs for navigating the ins and outs of Washington DC.

Same old bullshit.

never the less, half of our country will defend one and the other half will defend the other.

We're doomed.

No, we're not. I have full faith in the American people.

Fortunately, most of the American people are not partisan ideologues. The problem is that it's the partisan ideologues who are the loudest and end up influencing things. I dunno, all the zealots are screaming and none of them are listening.

Most people who aren't hyperpartisan, don't vote. Our voter turnout blows because so many people have given up with the 2 shitty "choices" we have.

He hit the nail on the head.

I'd have to agree with him if he admitted that he's a corrupt, ego driven, DC insider who's pissed that the better candidate beat his ass in the primaries.

As it is, Gingrich is just another sore loser.

Even sore losers can speak the truth. Look at the present score in the battleground states to see how the electorate is judging the Romney nomination.

I can't help but think when it come's to someone like Romney and even President Obama, with all the outstanding Americans out there, one's who have served this nation in time of need, and those of some note who have served in a noble manner, these are the choices we are left with. It does tend to show what money will end up with at least in my humble opinion. With Mitt Romeny I see a man who constantly changes his position based on what he feels will get him the most votes, so it is hard to know where he stands on anything. As for the President I see a man who took control of the White House with little experience in Govt. at a time when this nation needed someone to take the reins of power and kick it in the collective backside. Given these factors, I have yet to decide where my vote will go and will likely not decide until the moment I vote, because frankly a vote for Mitt Romeny I see as going back to the Bush Administration which got us here in the first place, and a vote for President Obama as nothing changing, so a very hard choice indeed.

I agree with you everywhere except for that part you said you might vote for Obama. Dude, Obama is an ass clown that is going to destroy this country if he is left unchecked.

I can't help but think when it come's to someone like Romney and even President Obama, with all the outstanding Americans out there, one's who have served this nation in time of need, and those of some note who have served in a noble manner, these are the choices we are left with. It does tend to show what money will end up with at least in my humble opinion. With Mitt Romeny I see a man who constantly changes his position based on what he feels will get him the most votes, so it is hard to know where he stands on anything. As for the President I see a man who took control of the White House with little experience in Govt. at a time when this nation needed someone to take the reins of power and kick it in the collective backside. Given these factors, I have yet to decide where my vote will go and will likely not decide until the moment I vote, because frankly a vote for Mitt Romeny I see as going back to the Bush Administration which got us here in the first place, and a vote for President Obama as nothing changing, so a very hard choice indeed.
I know how you feel. The lesser-of-two-evils syndrome has never been more prominent.

But I've been contemplating the theory that while Bush served the interests of his corporatist sponsors he over-played his role and provoked a dangerous level of dissent, so Obama was positioned to preserve the status quo while pacifying the rising mob. The theory seems reasonable because that is precisely what Obama has done.

Whereas Bush was (is) a stupidly arrogant and elitist authoritarian, Obama is a highly intelligent, down-to-earth pacifist, a Mr. Nice Guy who let the Bush Crime Family walk away smirking, allowed the Patriot Act to stand, patronized the banking and finance industries and allowed Guantanamo to remain operational. He maintains the ruinously costly, wholly counterproductive War On Drugs and we are still in Afghanistan -- and will be until 2024 (at least). Nothing truly important has changed but Obama has been such an effective pacifist the level of dissent has been substantially controlled.

So my theory is maybe a Romney presidency will engender the kind of public resentment and rage needed to foment a real political revolution, without which this bullshit will go on forever, chipping away a little at a time until one day the American People wake up and find themselves living in a fascist dictatorship.

In simpler terms, maybe it has to get worse before it can get better.

Last edited:
Didn't Biden talk shit about Obama in terms of him not being experienced enough to run right before being asked to be VP?

I agree with you everywhere except for that part you said you might vote for Obama. Dude, Obama is an ass clown that is going to destroy this country if he is left unchecked.
Bush already destroyed the country, and wingnuts cheered him on.

If I believed - even for a nanosecond - that Romney is another Bush, I'd be slamming him as much as Obama. But he isn't. Bush was a career politician, Obama is a career politician - I loathe career politicians.

Romney will push to do exactly what Bush did, cut taxes. The difference is that he will force them even lower than they are now with the idea that lowering taxes will increase revenue. We've been there, and while it worked for a while, we see the final result. We have the lowest rates in over 60 years, and we have the lowest revenues as a percentage of GDP in over 60 years. Romney wants to give us even more of this. Sorry, but I will pass on that idea.

It's really a shame that we can't find some intelligent people who understand that we need to increase revenue while reducing our long term costs. There are ways to do this effectively, but it will never happen so long as the far right continues to dominate the conversation with their drivel about lowering taxes even more. If that happens, revenues will continue going down even more, and our debt will just increase that much more. But hey, keep thinking that is way to go.

Bush already destroyed the country, and wingnuts cheered him on.

I blame Bush for two things, hiding the cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars, and not raising taxes when revenues fell drastically. Unfortunately, the second one would have been difficult to do. The writing was on the wall that the economy was tanking. Raising taxes at that point would have just made things worse, but this goes to show that the rates were reduced too much to begin with.

I blame Bush for two things, hiding the cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars, and not raising taxes when revenues fell drastically. Unfortunately, the second one would have been difficult to do. The writing was on the wall that the economy was tanking. Raising taxes at that point would have just made things worse, but this goes to show that the rates were reduced too much to begin with.

There are dozens of Liberals, on this site alone, that know about the cost of the war.

Not a very closely-guarded secret......
:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back