I Have To Admit Atlas Shrugged Really Sucked

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Seems to me that the names were the same as in the book, the story was about the same thing, but it was totally different from the direction laid out in Ayn Rand's book of the same name.

Yes, there was ridiculous government intervention in the film but the moral of the story seemed to have been totally lost.

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.

—Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Ayn Rand's stated goal for writing the text was "to show how desperately the world needs prime movers and how viciously it treats them" and to portray "what happens to a world without them".

I found the film marginally entertaining. I thought the premise was interesting but it barely touched on what Rand was trying to get at in the book.

It's supposed to be the first part of a trilogy, but will they be able to finish it before somebody pulls the plug?

Give me "Lord of the Rings" any day.

I fell asleep (twice) during the first Lord of the Rings. Atlas Shrugged must have really been bad!

Forum List

Back