I Have The Power To Detain Americans -- But I Won't...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Obama's NDAA signing statement. So are we all supposed to now bow and thank him for this?

Statement by the President on H.R. 1540

Today I have signed into law H.R. 1540, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.” I have signed the Act chiefly because it authorizes funding for the defense of the United States and its interests abroad, crucial services for service members and their families, and vital national security programs that must be renewed. In hundreds of separate sections totaling over 500 pages, the Act also contains critical Administration initiatives to control the spiraling health care costs of the Department of Defense (DoD), to develop counterterrorism initiatives abroad, to build the security capacity of key partners, to modernize the force, and to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of military operations worldwide.

The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it. In particular, I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists. Over the last several years, my Administration has developed an effective, sustainable framework for the detention, interrogation and trial of suspected terrorists that allows us to maximize both our ability to collect intelligence and to incapacitate dangerous individuals in rapidly developing situations, and the results we have achieved are undeniable. Our success against al-Qa’ida and its affiliates and adherents has derived in significant measure from providing our counterterrorism professionals with the clarity and flexibility they need to adapt to changing circumstances and to utilize whichever authorities best protect the American people, and our accomplishments have respected the values that make our country an example for the world.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
» Obama’s NDAA Signing Statement: I have the power to detain Americans… but I won’t Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Why did the Republican House want to give Obama this power??????

Why did the Democratic Senate and the President want all this power? The answer applies to both. The Republicans will have the White House back at some point. Both parties wanted this kind of power. And now they have it. Still believe in that "Hope & Change" scam?

And what a coincidence,he signs it into Law very quietly and on a Holiday. Man,i can't believe people could have been so duped by this guy. Mass Hysteria i guess. "GOTTA GET DAT BOOOOOOOOSH!!!" stuff. Silly people. Obama/Bush work for the same Bosses.

The Republican house wrote this bill.

They did NOT have to write in this part of the bill.

WHY DID THEY WRITE THIS POWER INTO THE BILL???????????

Why did the Democratic Senate support it and Democratic President sign it into Law? Answer that question and you'll have also answered your previous question. It's all about the power & control. And both parties just love that.

Very quietly in the middle of the night and on a Holiday,Big Brother strikes again. Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

TM, the fact that you are trying to pin Obama passing it into law is just more proof you don't have an honest bone in your body.

LET THE RECORD SHOW TM HATES AMERICA! lol.

How does Obama putting his name on this and signing it into law have anything to do with all the Democrats and Republicans that passed it in the house and Senate? Obama could either veto the bill or sign it... Obama chose to sign it, just like when he put his name on the Patriot act.

History will not remember Republicans putting this constitution destroying law into a bill, history will remember the President that signed it into law, that will be Obama.

Why didn't the President Veto it? That's a question that even his most loyal followers are gonna have a very hard time spinning an answer for. I know they'll try but spouting a coherent & logical spin on this is gonna be very tough.

This is especially awful considering this guy railed against Signing Statements when he was running for President. Only 3yrs. later he completely supports Signing Statements. What a scam.

No you just dont like what asking a question like I asked points to.

The right GAVE the American president a power they did not need to give him.

WHY???????????

they handed it to him on a silver platter.

WHY????

WHY???????????

WHY????

I've answered that for you a few times already...Power & Control. Both Parties love that. But the President could have Vetoed it. It was all in his hands. So why didn't he Veto it? Think about that answer for a bit before you give another knee-jerk defense response. Just take a deep breathe and then think about it for a bit.

WHY???????????

WHY????

Last time I checked it takes BOTH the House and the Senate to approve a law. Who Controls the Senate? Ohh and further it requires the President to SIGN it. Who is President?

Why was it written into the bill??????

you just refuse to answer why your right wing republican house leader allowed such a thing to be haned to Obama on a silver platter.

Your party GAVE it to him.

WHY????

And to think only 3yrs. ago he just hated those bad ole Signing Statements. His poor dupes bought that one too. Another "Hope & Change" scam i guess. How sad.

Forum List

Back