I have seen the light

no...but I dont criticize you and spin your intentions and integrity when you speak out against it.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never have I and never will I.

However, I will always criticize those that criticize the military personnel.

But I will never criticize anyone who speaks out against war.

Good for you , you must have been as mad at the Bush admin as I was for their speaking out against Americans as not being with us.

Along with the other points you missed are: I did not say I would be mad if my life was saved. I did say too many guns are designed as dangerous in any hands other than professional military. And I'm a man.
Of course guns are dangerous - that's why the to own and use them is protected by the Constitution.
The 2nd amendment, after all, is all about people sometimes needing to kill other people.

That said, there's no gun in the world that's more or less dangerous in my hands than in the hands of anyne in the military.

Last edited:

Good for you , you must have been as mad at the Bush admin as I was for their speaking out against Americans as not being with us.

There were several GOPers that referred to those that were against the Iraq War as "non american" and they would never get my vote.

Then there were many Bush administrative personnel who had their words spun to make it seem like they were criticizing those that were against the war.

Sheehan, although not on the same side of her protest as I, got my applause for her efforts.

But I am curious...why do you criticize the tea partyers?

The first thing I would do is wonder why we have regressed to Dodge City morality! Why the hell are all these guns being fired at the mall? Why are the guns firing firing 20, 30, 40 shots in such quick succession? Shouldn't there be an outright ban on high capacity magazines and semi or full automatic firing systems? Don't weapons like these belong in well regulated militias not the mall?

Is yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater as dangerous as firing doaens of bullets in less than a minute?

And if yelling "FIRE!" in a theater is not protected speech, why is a semi automatic handgun firing 20 shots from the same magazine a protected firearm?

So in order to stop a criminal from firing a weapon, we must ban all weapons? In order not to offend a potential terrorist, we must treat everyone like a potential terrorist? In order not to offend_____(fill in the blank) we must treat everyone like ___________ (fill in the blank)

It's this same everyone or no one philosophy of the left that begets things like a 5th grader being expelled for having a butter knife in her lunch box.

Why don't you try actually thinking like a reasonable person for a change?
If thinking as a reasonable person means jumping to outlandish conclusions, then I'll be happy as I am.

Ban all weapons? Where in the recesses of your mind did you develop that bon mot? Why don't we ban all semi and/or full automatic weapons, ban high capacity clips and tax the hell out of ammo for a start?

Yes ban everything but single shot weapons. better yet make everything illegal except muzzle loaders that way no one can shoot up a mall.

Full auto weapons are already illegal in most states. A semi should not be. just because there is a 1 in a million or more chance of a wacko using a high capacity clip is not reason to ban everyone from having them if they want.

Again it's the all or nothing "liberal logic" at work.

Along with the other points you missed are: I did not say I would be mad if my life was saved. I did say too many guns are designed as dangerous in any hands other than professional military. And I'm a man.
Of course guns are dangerous - that's why the to own and use them is protected by the Constitution.
The 2nd amendment, after all, is all about people sometimes needing to kill other people.

That said, there's no gun in the world that's more or less dangerous in my hands than in the hands of anyne in the military.
Among the rights protected in the Bill of Rights is the right to speech. We all know, however, not all speech is protected constitutionally. Shouting "FIRE!" in a crowd is not protected speech.

The right to keep and bear arms is similarly protected. Everyone overlooks that "well regulated militia" clause, but that not withstanding, not all arms should be protected by the constitution.

If shouting "FIRE!" is not protected due to the mayhem it results in, why the protection for semi or fully automatic weapons and high capacity clips? Certainly they pose as great a danger as shouting "FIRE!". Safety first.

So in order to stop a criminal from firing a weapon, we must ban all weapons? In order not to offend a potential terrorist, we must treat everyone like a potential terrorist? In order not to offend_____(fill in the blank) we must treat everyone like ___________ (fill in the blank)

It's this same everyone or no one philosophy of the left that begets things like a 5th grader being expelled for having a butter knife in her lunch box.

Why don't you try actually thinking like a reasonable person for a change?
If thinking as a reasonable person means jumping to outlandish conclusions, then I'll be happy as I am.

Ban all weapons? Where in the recesses of your mind did you develop that bon mot? Why don't we ban all semi and/or full automatic weapons, ban high capacity clips and tax the hell out of ammo for a start?

Yes ban everything but single shot weapons. better yet make everything illegal except muzzle loaders that way no one can shoot up a mall.

Full auto weapons are already illegal in most states. A semi should not be. just because there is a 1 in a million or more chance of a wacko using a high capacity clip is not reason to ban everyone from having them if they want.

What's the purpose of a high capacity clip? Do hunters use them? Do sportsmen? Are they practical for anything other than spraying the maximum amount of carnage at a crime scene? Can you illustrate the practicality of high capacity clips and please use that vaunted Conservative logic.

And if yelling "FIRE!" in a theater is not protected speech, why is a semi automatic handgun firing 20 shots from the same magazine a protected firearm?
This is simple.
1: Simple possession of any class if firearm endanges no one.
2: Yelling fire in a theater directly endangers everyone in that theater.

This is simple.
1: Simple possession of any class if firearm endanges no one.
2: Yelling fire in a theater directly endangers everyone in that theater.
By this flimsy standard, my possession of a working larynx equals your possession of a machine gun. If someone obtained my larynx, they would not be able to use it to shout "FIRE!" or anything else. The larnyx has to be properly attached to me. Is the same true of your machine gun?

What's the purpose of a high capacity clip? Do hunters use them? Do sportsmen? Are they practical for anything other than spraying the maximum amount of carnage at a crime scene? Can you illustrate the practicality of high capacity clips and please use that vaunted Conservative logic.

There need not be logic. If i want a gun with a 20 shot clip and I am a law abiding citizen, there is no reason to tell me I can't have one.

Just because there is less of a chance of being in a crowd being "sprayed with bullets" than there is of winning the Power Ball, you call for not letting anyone have a high capacity clip or a semi auto.

It's the same thinking that gets a teen age girl kicked out of school for having Advil in her purse because the school has a zero tolerance for drugs policy.

Last edited:
What's the purpose of a high capacity clip? Do hunters use them? Do sportsmen?
False premise - the 2nd Amednment isnt about hunting or sport.
As such, any reference to either is meaningless.

Are they practical for anything other than spraying the maximum amount of carnage at a crime scene?
Of course they are - only a partisan fool would think otherwise.
They are 'practical' in terms of the effective exercise of the right to self-defense, either individually or collectively.

Can you illustrate the practicality of high capacity clips and please use that vaunted Conservative logic
This is simple.
The 2nd amendment is all sbout people sometimes needing to kill other people - people who would presumably be shooting back. The more ammo your magazine carries, the less often you then have to stop shooting to reload. Thus, there is EVERY practical and logical reason to have high-capacity magazines.

Last edited:

no purpose at all.
What is the big deal about an ammendment regarding automatic weapons?
I personally dont understand it.
I know one thing for sure...I never hear on the news about a man who defended his life by shooting some criminal with an automatic weapon.

There need not be logic. If i want a gun with a 20 shot clip and I am a law abiding citizen, there is no reason to tell me I can't have one.

Just because there is less of a chance of being in a crowd being "sprayed with bullets" than there is of winning the Power Ball, you call for not letting anyone have a high capacity clip or a semi auto.

It's the same thinking that gets a teen age girl kicked out of school for having Advil in her purse because the school have a zero tolerance for drugs policy.
Well, I asked for an example of that vaunted Conservative logic and that's just what I got.

Care to answer the question? What's the virtue of a high capacity clip?

It's the same thinking that gets a teen age girl kicked out of school for having Advil in her purse because the school have a zero tolerance for drugs policy.
Well, I asked for an example of that vaunted Conservative logic and that's just what I got.

The more lead i can put into someone breaking into my house and threatening my family and property the better.

There were several GOPers that referred to those that were against the Iraq War as "non american" and they would never get my vote.

Then there were many Bush administrative personnel who had their words spun to make it seem like they were criticizing those that were against the war.

Sheehan, although not on the same side of her protest as I, got my applause for her efforts.

Because their ideas are detrimental to the American people

Because their ideas are detrimental to the American people

I asked why you criticize the tea partyers...not why you criticize their ideas.

The more lead i can put into someone breaking into my house and threatening my family and property the better.

One shot in the knee will stop anyone braeaking into your house.
A single loading clip of 20 is more than enough
The real question is why an automatic weapon that fires 20 rounds in 5 seconds is necessary.

In other words: spraying the maximum amount of carnage at a crime scene.

How virtuous. How logical. How well thought out. I'm sure the safety of your family is only a matter of protecting your possessions and not their health.

But, now that I think about it, it does make sense in a Conservative way. After all, possessions are more precious than people according to Conservative logic.

Forum List

Back