I have no allegiance ...

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
to Republicans or Democrats. I evaluate every situation, policy and person independently based on my own opinions formed from actual facts. Why are so few people unable to do the same thing? Who else here does this?

Most folks like to make neat categories of things. And there is no getting around the reality of prejudices. Once you have seen a poster make a brilliant statement you look for more of the same from her.

And conversely, once you have seen amazingly stupid, that sticks with you too.

to Republicans or Democrats. I evaluate every situation, policy and person independently based on my own opinions formed from actual facts. Why are so few people unable to do the same thing? Who else here does this?

How many times do you need to evaluate the same policies? Most of us know where we stand on certain policies. We don't need to rethink them every second of every day. Therefore, we associate with people who are likeminded so we can push our viewpoints further.

What exactly is wrong with that?

Having no allegiance is a good bargaining chip.

Allegiance is often take for granted.

How many times do you need to evaluate the same policies? Most of us know where we stand on certain policies. We don't need to rethink them every second of every day. Therefore, we associate with people who are likeminded so we can push our viewpoints further.

What exactly is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. I too have allegiance with policy and fact and not necessarily people or party. It's OK to pick people who to follow the same principles but it it seems many on here are left defending people when they're actions and beliefs are indefensible. For me, party comes last, for most, party comes first.

Forum List

Back