I have metal dishes

https://www.quora.com/profile/Joseph-Guindi
Water heats faster when it is covered, partly due to the second law of thermodynamics. The law basically says that heat always flows toward cold. The air above the pot of water would be at room temperature, though it does gradually warm up as the water is heating. This means that as the water is being heated to 212 F or 100 C, some of the heat is escaping to heat the air that is in contact with the water.

When you put a lid on the pot, the air is contained, so it takes less time for the temperature to reach the boiling point.

However, the difference in time isn’t very big. Air gains and loses heat much faster than water does. Thus, the amount of heat that is lost to the air isn’t very large. For that matter, the pot is also losing heat to the air for the same reason, yet the pot remains too hot to touch when the heat and the contents are removed because the heat doesn’t immediately flow into the air, despite the much larger volume of air that the heat is able to flow into.
Correctly:coffee:

the topic is closed
any person who answers my branches to this creature, immediately turns into my personal ignore
Besides...
I close my branches when THIS CREATURE appears

Pig.JPG

Last edited:
the topic is closed

See how easy it is to defeat a Soviet like Selivan? All you need to do is hit them with a little truth and they run like a little girl with a turd between their legs.
Fact of the matter is that covering the vessel increases gas pressure outside the water raising the point of equilibrium higher so that the water had to reach a higher temperature (higher internal gas pressure) before outgassing to release more heat! So the water heats faster and boils sooner. Now, the idiot Soviet could have simply TOLD that instead of trying to make everything a game where he plays teacher in his faux "classroom."

logo.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.quora.com/profile/Joseph-Guindi
Water heats faster when it is covered, partly due to the second law of thermodynamics. The law basically says that heat always flows toward cold. The air above the pot of water would be at room temperature, though it does gradually warm up as the water is heating. This means that as the water is being heated to 212 F or 100 C, some of the heat is escaping to heat the air that is in contact with the water.

When you put a lid on the pot, the air is contained, so it takes less time for the temperature to reach the boiling point.

However, the difference in time isn’t very big. Air gains and loses heat much faster than water does. Thus, the amount of heat that is lost to the air isn’t very large. For that matter, the pot is also losing heat to the air for the same reason, yet the pot remains too hot to touch when the heat and the contents are removed because the heat doesn’t immediately flow into the air, despite the much larger volume of air that the heat is able to flow into.
Correctly:coffee:
Why would we need to quibble about that, usually?

A well regulated militia is declared Necessary not the unorganized militia, even if everyone is using metal dishes.

Gentlemens, create a new topic and we'll argue there ...
This topic is closed, I will not answer ...
Say "Thank" - this Ukrainian-American goat

I want to boil water in this dish ..
I want to do it as quickly as possible ...
----------------------
Do I have to close this lid with a lid or leave it open? :04:
I believe the US should compete with China for better use of new cities. We simply can't afford to leave them empty. There should be no homeless, in any first world economy; only second world and below.

What is your opinion of new cities being connected with an underground, vacuum environment, that is maglev capable.

Would that be beneficial for mathematical purposes?

Forum List

Back