I have mentioned trillion times

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by aqeelabbas, Oct 20, 2003.

1. aqeelabbas

aqeelabbas Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That its a problem of society ;women abuse not ISLAM..
    So stop posting this under MUSLIM thread and create a new one by the name of SOCIETY PROBLEMS

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    The articles/videos/new reports are about Muslim women.
    The men involved are in FACT Muslim.
    Society does have it's problems, but what we're talking about is in fact MUSLIMS.

Sorry if you don't like it, and I'm sure the good Muslims outrank what we're currently discussing. But, you cannot sit here and say these aren't Muslim people abusing their wives and citing Muslim rituals as their defense.

We are not talking about the abuse of women as a whole, we are discussing the problem and how it is prominent amongst Muslim women.

So how about YOU start a new thread if you would like to generalize, I think we've been quite specific.

3. Dawoud

Dawoud Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    im no expert

But a few thoughts, Yes jimnyc there is alot of abuse of women in Muslim countrys and it is indefensible. Islam needs to address these problems very very much . But that doesn't mean every Muslim male is a woman abuser.
    much of this is cultural some brought on by a very narrow interpetation of the Quran. I personally blame the wahabbi sect(should i say cult?)who control Saudi Arabia and finance most of the Mosques around the world , including the USA for alot of the problems. As we say in Texas Muslims need to muck out their own barn first.

But do this I just did and it was pretty interesting, do a google search and type in.
    "christian abuse of women"

and read what comes up

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I don't think I've stated otherwise. What I stated is basically the same thing you just have, that there is a great deal of abuse amongst Muslim women and it needs to be fixed.

Will that tell me anything about Muslim men or women? If not, why would I do such a search if it has absolutely nothing to do with the current topic of discussion?

5. Robert Espy

Robert Espy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Done. Here's what I got...

Your search - "christian abuse of women" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
    - Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    - Try different keywords.
    - Try more general keywords.
    Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.

6. Dawoud

Dawoud Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    And I just typed in "mouse abuse of dogs" and got 10+ pages of results. But, thats not on topic here, and neither are your references to Christians. Please keep the Muslim forum to discussion about Muslims.

8. Amras

Amras Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fatawas Regarding Women

This document has been written by muslims for muslims. I had no idea how totalitarian religion can be, till I first heard about Fatawas!
    If there are any muslims that read this, I just would like to know if they and their familys live by such a code of conduct.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    abuseofwomen.org is a Christian site designed to prevent the abuse of women. Womenpriests.org i one I haven't researched much, but the link you pointed to dealt mostly with someone's Fruedian psychoanalysis of St. Augustine and their interpretation of the Bible as woman-hating. The mail-archive.com link pointed to a Christian organization that is trying to keep women form being enslaved in sex-trafficking operations. And the CNN.com story talks about women from all different religions.

I have yet to meet any Christian who uses the Bible or his religion to advocate the abuse of his wife. In fact, the Bible teaches that we should love and respect our wives, just like we would love and respect ourselves.

10. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you read this link?

I'm still looking for the material you mentioned, where does it say it is OK to beat your wife?

>>This document has been written by muslims for muslims.<<
    It was written for muslems by the Islamic Students Association at the University of Houston.

>>I had no idea how totalitarian religion can be, till I first heard about Fatawas!<<

Your unfamiliar with the Catholic religion? Papal Bulls? In Islam, any Imam can issue a fatwah, your looking at the fatwah this guy believes in enforcing. I mean, imagine if Night Train was an Imam, he'd be screaming for rivers of infidel blood, and issuing fatwahs right and left to try to get it.