"I have lost understanding of and confidence..."

"I have lost understanding of and confidence in the strategic purposes of the United States' presence in Afghanistan,"

^Get Used to that Talking Point...

It will Define our Vietnam like Retreat from Afghanistan under this "President".

U.S. official resigns over Afghan war - Washington Post- msnbc.com

:)

peace...

So, someone is trying to predict the future AGAIN, huh..... If you listen to the POTUS, you should have no trouble understanding what he wants to accomplish in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Now, you can disagree with it; but not understanding it is NOT a reflection on the POTUS.

BO has no interest in pursuing victory in Afghanistan or against terrorism.

He's content to let this issue sit on the backburner while our troops are dying.

Remember this:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02 :eusa_whistle:

"I have lost understanding of and confidence in the strategic purposes of the United States' presence in Afghanistan,"

It will Define our Vietnam like Retreat from Afghanistan under this "President".

peace...

So, someone is trying to predict the future AGAIN, huh..... If you listen to the POTUS, you should have no trouble understanding what he wants to accomplish in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Now, you can disagree with it; but not understanding it is NOT a reflection on the POTUS.

This is a Talking Point, not an Honest Resignation...

It's how the Game is Played.

peace...

He's content to let this issue sit on the backburner while our troops are dying.

He isn't sitting. He golfing and playing basketball.

Something the Left was VERY Concerned with when it was (43)...

Yet Bammy can Gold 2 to 3 TIMES MORE than (43), and it's A-OK!...

peace...

Certainly appears that way. We shouldn't be concerned though. The country is in great shape. :rolleyes:
On second thought maybe we are better off with him playing.

peace...

peace...

Maybe that's my problem......I don't see this as a game. I see it as a matter of life and death for our soldiers and the innocent Afghan civililans. In that light, I think it behooves us to really try and get this right.

Retired General calls Cheney ‘incompetent war fighter’

A retired General who served more than 30 years in the U.S. Army and helped train Iraq's military between 2003 and 2004 called former Vice President Dick Cheney an "incompetent war fighter."

National Security Network Senior Adviser and Retired General Paul Eaton made the comments after Cheney criticized Obama in a Wednesday night speech for "dithering" about whether to substantially increase the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan. Obama has been under pressure from his top commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, to add as many as 40,000 to 60,000 U.S. troops on the ground.

"The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters," Eaton said in a statement released Thursday. "They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11."

Eaton rejected those (Cheney's) comments, adding that "the only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes."

Eaton said he appreciates the "profound deliberations" that Obama and military commanders are having about Afhgan war strategy, and would "dismiss men like Cheney who inject partisan politics" into those discussions.

Libs 2008: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Libs 2009: "Dissent is the most obvious sign of racism"

And the Difference, the Right is NOT saying "This War is a Lie, no Blood for Oil", etc., etc...

It is the Left that has Changed it's Tone because of the President @ 1600.

The Right still wants Victory in this War the Left has Funded for YEARS...

peace...

So, the left funded the war, huh..... I see you have 'short memory' syndrome....

No wonder BHO spends all his time partying, whacking golf balls and shooting hoops... he certainly lacks the skill set for anything of substance.

I guess now that a Republican is out of the oval office Republicans are more than happy to start the comparisons between Iraq or Afghanistan to Vietnam... a comparison that 2 years ago Republicans would have vehemently disagreed with(and I agreed with them).

Of course it was Bush's complete and utter neglect of the Afghanistan War that left Afghanistan in such a shitty state. But hey fuck it, Bush never actually wanted to really fight those actually responsible for 9/11...

Nice assumption with total neglect of the facts.

Conservatives and many republicans are alarmed at the lack of timely decision making of this president in regard to A-stan...and invariably such reults in a likely retreat.

We do not want to retreat...but if we are going to retreat, then yes, it will resemble what we did in Vietnam....and I do not see anything wrong with pointing out the comparison.

What I find ironic, however, is how the progressives of this nation were all over the "amount dead" over the last 8 years...and now rarely mention them and the press rarely discuss them.

But please...continue with your pointing out hypocrisy where it does not exist and ignore it where it does.

Funny.....you respond to a post about Bush and what does your answer contain? Feelings by conservatives. Have you not yet realized that Bush was not a conservative????

Remember this:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02 :eusa_whistle:

And exactly what is wrong with that statement?
Bin Laden dead simply means his nuymber 2 takes over.
To continue to chase him through the mountains is a waste of resources.

Besides....exactly what has the anointed one done to find the guy?

I guess now that a Republican is out of the oval office Republicans are more than happy to start the comparisons between Iraq or Afghanistan to Vietnam... a comparison that 2 years ago Republicans would have vehemently disagreed with(and I agreed with them).

Of course it was Bush's complete and utter neglect of the Afghanistan War that left Afghanistan in such a shitty state. But hey fuck it, Bush never actually wanted to really fight those actually responsible for 9/11...

Nice assumption with total neglect of the facts.

Conservatives and many republicans are alarmed at the lack of timely decision making of this president in regard to A-stan...and invariably such reults in a likely retreat.

We do not want to retreat...but if we are going to retreat, then yes, it will resemble what we did in Vietnam....and I do not see anything wrong with pointing out the comparison.

What I find ironic, however, is how the progressives of this nation were all over the "amount dead" over the last 8 years...and now rarely mention them and the press rarely discuss them.

But please...continue with your pointing out hypocrisy where it does not exist and ignore it where it does.

Funny.....you respond to a post about Bush and what does your answer contain? Feelings by conservatives. Have you not yet realized that Bush was not a conservative????

Funny how instead of giving a thoughtful response to the valid point that I made, you used the time to question my knowledge of Bush and his ideology......a man, however, who did not have my vote the second time around.

My point had to do with conservatives and republicans (not one in the same) who would like to win this war.....

A very childish attempt of diversion I may add.

peace...

Maybe that's my problem......I don't see this as a game. I see it as a matter of life and death for our soldiers and the innocent Afghan civililans. In that light, I think it behooves us to really try and get this right.

I Assure you this is a Game for the Bammy Administration...

Win/Lose...

Here at Home... Politically, of course.

peace...

Libs 2008: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

Libs 2009: "Dissent is the most obvious sign of racism"

And the Difference, the Right is NOT saying "This War is a Lie, no Blood for Oil", etc., etc...

It is the Left that has Changed it's Tone because of the President @ 1600.

The Right still wants Victory in this War the Left has Funded for YEARS...

peace...

So, the left funded the war, huh..... I see you have 'short memory' syndrome....

Really?... So the Left hasn't had the House and the Senate since 2006?...

And even before that when DemocRATS were Funding it?...

Interesting.

peace...

Remember this:

If you don't know what is wrong with that statement, I can't........no, I won't help you.

Retired General calls Cheney ‘incompetent war fighter’

A retired General who served more than 30 years in the U.S. Army and helped train Iraq's military between 2003 and 2004 called former Vice President Dick Cheney an "incompetent war fighter."

National Security Network Senior Adviser and Retired General Paul Eaton made the comments after Cheney criticized Obama in a Wednesday night speech for "dithering" about whether to substantially increase the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan. Obama has been under pressure from his top commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, to add as many as 40,000 to 60,000 U.S. troops on the ground.

"The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters," Eaton said in a statement released Thursday. "They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11."

Eaton rejected those (Cheney's) comments, adding that "the only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes."

Eaton said he appreciates the "profound deliberations" that Obama and military commanders are having about Afhgan war strategy, and would "dismiss men like Cheney who inject partisan politics" into those discussions.
Well.

When you're able to get out of going to war just barely, then yeah, that article title isn't surprising.

Remember this:

If you don't know what is wrong with that statement, I can't........no, I won't help you.

Please...be honest....you yourself can not figure out anything wrong with that statement either.

Thus your pathetic response.

Please...be honest....you yourself can not figure out anything wrong with that statement either.

Thus your pathetic response.

We went to Afghanistan in response to being attacked on 9/11 and to make those responsible pay for what they did and to take away their ability to do so again. If you can't see how Bush not caring about bin Laden (who was ultimately responsible) in favor of an easier target in Iraq is a problem......I can't help you.

Forum List

Back